Aga Khan Family Genealogy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princeofitaly

Nobility
City
Turin
Country
Italy
Does anyone have information on the genealogy of the Aga Khan family?

The family is best know for the wedding of superstar Rita Hayworth and Prince Aly Khan and in recent times for the wedding of supermodel Kendra Spears and Prince Rahim Aga Khan.

Have you information about the genealogy or a family tree of the Aga Khan dynasty?

Is the Aga Khan dynasty related to others royals or princely or nobles families?

There is an excellent book called Throne of Gold all about the Aga Khans. Very informative and interesting. It would be out of print now but you may be able to get it on Amazon.

As far as I remember no they are not related to other royal families that we know today. Prince Aly Khans mother was related to Persian -- Nobility?? Not sure if nobility is the right word here.

Your best source for the moment would be Wikipedia. Look up Prince Aly Khan he is the most interesting one.
Hope this helps.

Ancestors of Aga Khan IV
93665942_1182486792089900_8316305781804761088_n.jpg

I believe they claim descent from the Prophet Muhammed through his daughter Fatimah. The dynasty is Persian in origin but later lived in what is now Pakistan. Although many have been born in Europe. Both Queen Elizabeth and The Shah of Iran conferred titles of His Highness on the current Aga Khan due to his descent from the Qajar dynasty.

I know that the current Aga Khan's mother and both his ex wives were women of European origin some of whom converted to Islam. His mother was Joan Yarde-Buller who was the daughter of John Yarde-Buller, 3rd Baron Churston. She was previously married into the Guinness family and lastly became Lady Camrose, so they were connected to the British aristocracy/nobility there. His first wife was a British debutant who's first marriage was to a Marquess.

His grandmother also seems to have been at least partly of European origin, her name was Cleope Teresa Magliano. According to Wikipedia the 2nd Aga Khan had a third wife who was Persian nobility, so Prince Aly's Great Grandmother. The Aga Khan title skipped to Aly's son the current Aga Khan because his father the 3rd Aga Khan thought Aly's lifestyle was incompatible with being the spiritual leader of Ismailis and needing a young modern leader for his followers, which seems to have been a wise decision.

Both his oldest adult sons have married American women who converted with one divorce and remarriage. And his daughter Zahra married and divorced a British man.

Prince Aly Muhammed, the youngest son of Aga Khan IV has an older half sister Princess Teresa of Leiningen who's father is a pretender to the Russian Imperial throne and was declared as such by one of the Russian monarchist parties.

Edit: Or what Blog Real posted for ease. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all the information.
A very interesting story.
I read that Aly mother is an italian dancer!

Back
Top Bottom