Félix and Claire Expecting Second Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would his brother having a baby be hard for Stephanie and Gui?

They said I believe at the time of the engagement they planned to wait to have children.

When they are ready to have them I'm sure they will. Not every couple wants to rush and have children, some like to enjoy their time alone first.

I agree. Why would it be so "hard for them" to see their inlaws pregnant again when they said having children was not a priority at this point?

Why would his brother having a baby be hard for Stephanie and Gui?

They said I believe at the time of the engagement they planned to wait to have children.

When they are ready to have them I'm sure they will. Not every couple wants to rush and have children, some like to enjoy their time alone first.

I for one do believe that it might be hard on Stephanie and Guillaume that Felix is having a second baby. The reason is that this puts more pressure on them to produce an heir. There is already some alarm in certain quarters about their lack to produce an heir and let's make no mistake about it, Guillaume is the heir to the throne. He is the crown prince. The Nassau's carry on their succession through him. While no one knows if it was an arranged marriage, I'm sure that Stephanie's amazing pedrigree [among the best in Europe!] was a factor in Guillaume's decision to marry her. Since his brothers didn't have that pressure, they both married commoners. Of course, if Guillaume and Stephanie fail to produce an heir, the crown will fall on Amalia's head, but that would mean that the line of succession had to be broken and Stephanie's pedigree would go to waste.

Last edited:
Uh, this is not the Middle Ages... G prolly did not choose a spouse to wed, bed and impregnate because of her prize winning pedigree and because he could get a regular supply of heirs every year and it sounds like you are speaking of a Show poodle to be honest.

:previous: Considering his own mother was a commoner, I have to agree.

I do think it was important to him to find a Catholic bride who wanted kids. As heir to the Duchy, he is expected to have kids. But we're not talking horse breeding and stud books here.

I think their marriage simply a reflection of the social circles they move in. Many of the smaller/former royal houses and such tend to socialize and move in the same circles. Its not surprising to see intermarriage between them. Claire may not come from an aristocratic background, but she comes from extreme wealth and attended the same exclusive Swiss boarding school as her husband.

Last edited:
It is not the Middle Ages but most cro wn princesses do have an heir within a year or two of the wedding. Now, Stephanie has even surpassed Charlene of monoco's wait to have children. That makes people suspicious that it is not a choice, but a difficulty to conceive.

Not understanding what part of the pretty recent interview where they said they were not in a huge hurry to have children right now is difficult to understand.

If she had been evasive about it yes, I could see the questioning but she was not.

They obviously know the importance of heirs even more than commoners do but she is young enough to have a 2 or 3 or more even if she starts in a few years. Females are having babies later and later you know.

It is not the Middle Ages but most cro wn princesses do have an heir within a year or two of the wedding. Now, Stephanie has even surpassed Charlene of monoco's wait to have children. That makes people suspicious that it is not a choice, but a difficulty to conceive.

Hopefully people will concentrate on Clare's good fortune and not ponder over Stephanie.

Not understanding what part of the pretty recent interview where they said they were not in a huge hurry to have children right now is difficult to understand.

If she had been evasive about it yes, I could see the questioning but she was not.

They obviously know the importance of heirs even more than commoners do but she is young enough to have a 2 or 3 or more even if she starts in a few years. Females are having babies later and later you know.

If you're referring to Stephanie's birthday interviews in February, she never said that. Hello! magazine claimed she told Point de Vue about not being ready, but readers who actually bought PdV and even Luxembourg's Wort reported Stephanie never mentioned motherhood decisions. The Hello article was removed but any media using Hello's info may not have corrected their reports.

At no point in the article does she refer to any decisions about being a mother, as was suggested in a recent "Hello" article.
See bottom of Luxemburger Wort - Luxembourg princess describes marriage to Prince Guillaume

In another interview, she declined to answer. "Je ne souhaite pas répondre à cette question. Ça va être la surprise..."
Source: Stéphanie zum Nachwuchs: Ça va être la surprise | Tageblatt

For the record, I'm not concerned about Guillaume and Stephanie. No matter what happens, Luxembourg has plenty of people in the line of succession.

:previous: Technically it has 1, and soon to be 2, in line (next generation). But when has a younger sibling having kids ever stopped the push for an heir to??? Joachim had kids first, was still a push for Fred. Elena and Cristina had kids first, but still a push for Felipe. Anne had kids first and so on. Its expected an heir will have children unless unable to (like with Baudouin).

But the only talk about babies was at the time engagement/marriage when they said they were thinking to wait a few years. Most people took that to mean 3. They were married for 3 in November, so now people are anxious.

There is also the fact they both said they want a large family. She is 32. If they want a few, and don't want to push into her 40's, they should start. If she got pregnant now, she would be 33 when it is born.

She is right on path with Jetsun.. Jetsun had been married for 3 1/2 years when she got pregnant with Jigme. But she is also 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom