Funeral of Prince Claus: October 15, 2002

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember the funeral quite well, it was extremely sad and Queen Beatrix had my whole sympathy. It's such a pity that Claus didn't live long enough to see his gorgeous little granddaughters Catharina Amalia, Alexia and Ariane. :sad:

Great bunch of images, but quite sad...Prince Claus seems to have been a man loved by his sons, wife and daughters-in-love, without mentioning other royals that could be seen in the pics. All of them seemed ver moved.

I've always liked Prince Claus, and yes, Dierna23...what a pity he couldn't know personally Amalia, Alexia and Ariane. But I'm sure he can see them right now! :dutchflag::rose::easter:

Vanesa.

HRH Prince Claus would have celebrated his 84 birthday today,september 6th.

Beatrix chose well. Sad about his ill health though,

Today marks the 9th Anniversary of HRH's passing .

Princess Beatrix has been a widow for over 20 years… about 2 years after her husband she also lost her parents and of course several years laters her middle son ended up in an avalanche ultimately costing him his life. And more recently her youngest sister past away. All of this but especially the loss of her husband and son must weigh on her but she still carries on…

Back
Top Bottom