Princely House of Windisch-Graetz

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My point is they are Cobourg but not Habsbourg such as the descendents of Princess Stephanie of the Belgians and Crown Prince Rodolphe of Austria.

The newspaper wrote she was the Cousine of King Albert II are wrong , not a very close Cousine as 3 Generations before.

My point is they are Cobourg but not Habsbourg such as the descendents of Princess Stephanie of the Belgians and Crown Prince Rodolphe of Austria.

The newspaper wrote she was the Cousine of King Albert II are wrong , not a very close Cousine as 3 Generations before.

Oh I get it now. That's so true. Indeed. The newspaper had poor research.

So what is your point?

Prince Philippe, Count of Flanders was the 3rd son of Leopold I who was born Prince of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and later Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. His wife Princess Marie is from the cadet Swabian branch of the House of Hohenzollern, Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.

Their son Albert I married Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria of the Palatinate branch, a cadet branch of the House of Wittelsbach.

All current members of the Royal House of Wittelbach are descendants of the Palatinian brach of the family, as the Bavarian branch died out in 1777, so Karl-Theodor, Prince Elector of the Palatinate inherited Bavaria. When he died childless in 1799, his cousin Maximilian I. of Pfalz-Sulzbach inherited Bavaria (from 1806 he was king of Bavaria). Due to Napoleon's troups occupying the Palatinate, all Palatinian branches of the Wittelsbach family moved on to Bavaria, where they were given the title of Duke/Duchess "in" Bavaria, as they had never been "von" Bavaria.

All current members of the Royal House of Wittelbach are descendants of the Palatinian brach of the family, as the Bavarian branch died out in 1777, so Karl-Theodor, Prince Elector of the Palatinate inherited Bavaria. When he died childless in 1799, his cousin Maximilian I. of Pfalz-Sulzbach inherited Bavaria (from 1806 he was king of Bavaria). Due to Napoleon's troups occupying the Palatinate, all Palatinian branches of the Wittelsbach family moved on to Bavaria, where they were given the title of Duke/Duchess "in" Bavaria, as they had never been "von" Bavaria.

All the Palatine branches already had the "Duke/Duchess in Bavaria" included amongst their titles, as they were descendants in male line of earlier dukes of Bavaria. :flowers:

https://www.heraldica.org/topics/royalty/HGBayern.htm

Sophie, Princess of Windisch-Graetz has posted a beautiful photo of her grandmother, Princess Elisabeth, Countess of Törring-Jettenbach together with her sisters, Olga, Princess Paul of Yugoslavia and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. In the photo is also her great-grandmother Princess Nicholas of Greece and Denmark, Grand Duchess of Russia beside Czar Nicholas II of Russia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1dSbFZCcQr/

Sophie, Princess of Windisch-Graetz has posted a beautiful photo of her grandmother, Princess Elisabeth, Countess of Törring-Jettenbach together with her sisters, Olga, Princess Paul of Yugoslavia and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. In the photo is also her great-grandmother Princess Nicholas of Greece and Denmark, Grand Duchess of Russia beside Czar Nicholas II of Russia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1dSbFZCcQr/

Extraordinary photo!!!Wonderfull.

Sophie used to model for Valentino and she has a nice bag brand. She and her branch of the family seem quite well-off

Back
Top Bottom