70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, I just noticed this. Both Martha-Louise and Mabel needed different shoes. Mabel's shoes didn't fit her and Martha had what looked to be these chunky platform shoes on. Ick.

I like the color of Mabels dress...but not a fan of the fringe. But don't think for a moment she is off the bows....look at her shoes!

Sure Mabel had great diamonds on. I love the tiara. However I'd rather see some modest jewels on a woman dressed appropriately than larger or more extraordinary ones on a woman dressed inappropriately.

crm2317 said:
I can't see any of the videos they keep pausing. If it isn't too much trouble could someone post some links to videos of the dancing I would love to see Inaki and Christina and Maxima and Henri dancing. Only if it is't too much trouble:flowers:

Try the link. There will be a traffic congestion on the web, I think, so try again later or so.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/575909-post766.html

Maxie said:
I've seen pics of Mabel's outfit somewhere, don't have the source though, so can't post them.

But she's wearing a red version of this V&R dress:
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4996/01io2.jpg
(Source: website V&R)

Pictures can be found on vogue.co.uk & style.com. It was a runway ready-to-wear dress. The originall color (picture youve posted) and the red are both very nice. Im suprised mabel looked this good and dressed well, usually she doesnt

wow,Thanks wonderful pictures:rolleyes:
my favourite ones :
PMaxima; hair+outfits looked awsome
PMathilde; awsome dress as well
PMerit; awsome and very happy, (she had a bump in the last pink one)
Pmartha+Plaurent too.

PMary looked elegent but really tired, she tried her best to smile, not easy for a pregnant lady to travel.
PMabel;:wacko:both dresses!!!
I wish if PCristina wore some modern ones, diff cuts like other princesses, hers was ok and simple but it reminded me of older royal times.
:wub:thanks to all for pics:wub:

Amber26 said:
Beautiful pictures from the gala-event royals.web-log.nl Enjoy :flowers:
(scroll down)

the pictures of Maxima are very pretty. she really pulled it off well last night, i'd love to see her always taking time too look good like that (she does look good but can do better).
Pictures from today, did maxima attend, couldnt find a picture? could be in th enext bunch to be posted later on

I did like Maxima's hair. The bouffant at the crown with the tiara placed where it was.....tres chic.

I think that they are going home jet; Alexander, Maxima and the Queen are starting thuseday a statevisit to Turkey. They have a very bussy program, especially for Maxima important to take care.

I am soo sad this event is over and things will go back to normal for awhile. Pictures from this weekend were great, except for the sleigh ride. Those were not so good. But oh well, you have to take the good with the bad. I hope King Harald had the time of his life! Many more to him!

Thank for the pics, and Princess Maxima is pregant , how much month ?

theodora82 said:
Thank for the pics, and Princess Maxima is pregant , how much month ?

She's due in April, so she's in her 7th month. :)

Sister Morphine said:
She's due in April, so she's in her 7th month. :)

ok, thank you Sister Morphine

another question, It is a boy or a girl? I don't have all followed since the beginning !!!
and sorry for my english, I don't speak very well english :sad:

:ermm:
crm2317 said:
Thank you Henri M I can see the video but it keeps stopping and starting so I'm missing chunks of it:flowers:
The same for me, unfortunately it stops after three seconds and it will never start again, the picture won't move again, but I can hear everything...
I have DSL, so I don't know why...:ermm:

Last edited:
Thanks for the video link Henri. I was able to see the whole thing through but I do have high speed internet now. When I had dialup, the videos from this site kept stopping and starting.

I found it so cute that Harald 'curtsied' back to Sonja after she curtsied to him. Mette-Marit didn't look well; she looked tired.

Just watched the video. I loved the part where Queen Anne-Marie leaned over and started talking to Harald when they were dancing.

Sister Morphine said:
That dress is horrific. It's see-through, for cryin' out loud! I can see her skin from neck to ankle through the fringe of that dress. It would be one thing if there was a fabric underneath the fringe....but there's not, just her bare skin. If she was going to the Grammy's it would be cool, but not a gala ball in the honor of a King's birthday. Another huge miss for her.
If you look better, there actually is fabric underneath, it just is flesh-toned. The dress is by Viktor & Rolfe; I guess they are slightly avant-garde for the common taste :flowers: The original catwalk design was ivory and much better than the red though; the styling on their show did much more for the design than Mabel, who, IMO, hasn't got enough with her to carry such a difficult designer...

ysbel said:
I found it so cute that Harald 'curtsied' back to Sonja after she curtsied to him.
That was so funny.

Mette-Marit didn't look well; she looked tired.
Well, she was dancing with king Carl Gustav who seemed to be in a chatty mood...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ursulajohanna said:
Was the queen of Sweden ill? She was NOT with trip in snow!
That is exactly what I was wondering, too. Where is Queen Silvia during the sleigh ride? Didn't she take part? I searched many pictures but I couldn't find any with the Queen in a sleigh. She was definitely not sitting beside her husband.
Does anybody have information about it? Was anything in the press or on TV told about the absence of Queen Silvia? Or did she take part and sat in another sleigh? Which was not photographed at all? :wacko: Which I really doubt, because there are no pics of Queen Silvia dancing and she can't be seen on the balcony, too.
Did she feel sick? Was she ill? Are there any reasons given anywhere?
I would really be thankful for any answer. :flowers:

After all day of trying now I can watch Henri M.'s videos!!!

On this video when everybody come in it looks like almost all ladies has problems with walking - like there were lame or smth...

magnik said:
After all day of trying now I can watch Henri M.'s videos!!!

On this video when everybody come in it looks like almost all ladies has problems with walking - like there were lame or smth...

That's funny, I had the same expression. Nobody was walking gracefully at all...I thought maybe they tried to be extra slow so the photographers would be able to take good pictures? Very strange!

Smilla said:
That's funny, I had the same expression. Nobody was walking gracefully at all...I thought maybe they tried to be extra slow so the photographers would be able to take good pictures? Very strange!

Some walk a little honkebonk but I'm sure that's due to the video quality,instead of stopping after 3 seconds,it stoops from A to B..,great footage nonetheless.:wub:

BTW,what really impresses me is that nearly 70.000 visitors,posters and lurkers alike,have visited this specific thread till now,
a true tribute to King Harald.

Last edited:
I watch this video without stopping...and they looke like they were lame...

Thanks for all the beautifull pics and video on this event!!!
Mary looks pretty on last ball, but Mathilde and Cristina were dazzling!!!

wartenberg7 said:
What are you talking about?! Guess who´s weird...!

The official photo with the younger royals. The men are all looking one way except for one and he is looking the same direction as the ladies. It's odd.

magnik said:
I watch this video without stopping...and they looke like they were lame...

I think they're trying to dance the waltz and its a stiff kind of dance. This music is pretty old-fashioned; its what my parents used to dance to in the 50s so its perfect for Sonja and Harald but maybe not so good for the younger crowd.

I would've loved to see the royals dancing to "younger music". That would just be priceless.;)

Isn't there one more event that's being held tonight? I vaguely recall something about a traditional costume ball...

Back
Top Bottom