80th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V and Queen Sonja

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why weren't Prince Joakim and Princess Marie precent at the gala dinner? Carl Philip and Sofia for example were there...

By my understanding Prince Joachim acted as Rigsforstander ("Regent") in the absence of the monarch and the heir, as Danish constitution requires. Other monarchies do not have such a system that always someone has to replace when the monarch is out of country.

By my understanding Prince Joachim acted as Rigsforstander ("Regent") in the absence of the monarch and the heir, as Danish constitution requires. Other monarchies do not have such a system that always someone has to replace when the monarch is out of country.

In fact Benedikte acted as Rigsforstander, so J&M may have been present at the party or on their way home.

This was a family affair, you would have thought he would have made the effort.

He didn't attend King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday celebrations last year either. So I think, he not attending was quite expected.

Was there any discussions or mentioning of Ari Behn attending. Although he and Princess Martha Louise are no longer together, he no doubt enjoyed good relations with the King and Queen for many years.

Royal family events aren't always funded by the taxpayers. If I am not mistaken, King Carl XVi Gustaf's 70th birthday dinner for example was paid for by the king himself.

In any case, the decision to throw a lavish, taxpayer-funded bash on a royal birthday or wedding is made by the government, which is accountable to the parliament and, ultimately, to the voters who elect the members of parliament. If the Norwegian government found it appropriate to have a big public celebration of King Harald's and Queen Sonja's birthdays and pay for it out of public funds, it was probably because they thought that was the right way to thank the royal couple for their service , and also because they thought it wouldn't be controversial, but rather, on the contrary, would actually bring the country together.

Big events such es state visits, weddings of monarchs or their heirs, jubilees are state occasions, or at least semi-state-occasions everyone invited to join in. If the majority of the people want these occasions to be as public as they are it is not only natural, but more than justified that the public has to give its toll!
Can you imagine the outcry if, for instance, royal weddings were pure private affairs - and I mean ALL royal weddings, not just the ones of the so called minor royals?! William and Kate marrying in St. George´s Chapel,no cameras allowed, only 3 or 4 official group photos a day later...?!

I always love events like this where the royals can get together. It was great to see everyone in their finery - I particularly liked the photos of the royals on the balcony. The Countess of Wessex and Queen Silvia seem to have a good relationship, which is nice to see.
I hope Harald enjoyed his birthday!

Here are scans from Svensk Damtidning. Damtidning writes that Victoria and Daniel, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal were staying at Skaugum at Haakon and Mette-Marit and they left the 4,5 hour long cruise with kongeskipet Norge a little earlier, a boat picked them up so that they got closer to home (Skaugum) and got a little extra time before the dinner.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Royal family events aren't always funded by the taxpayers. If I am not mistaken, King Carl XVi Gustaf's 70th birthday dinner for example was paid for by the king himself.

In any case, the decision to throw a lavish, taxpayer-funded bash on a royal birthday or wedding is made by the government, which is accountable to the parliament and, ultimately, to the voters who elect the members of parliament. If the Norwegian government found it appropriate to have a big public celebration of King Harald's and Queen Sonja's birthdays and pay for it out of public funds, it was probably because they thought that was the right way to thank the royal couple for their service , and also because they thought it wouldn't be controversial, but rather, on the contrary, would actually bring the country together.
The King/Queen and the court decided (according to sources) to have a joint celebration with entertainment on the palace square, a balcony appearance and a white tie gala dinner at the palace on May 9th and the event on the royal yacht on May 10th.

The palace then informed the police so they could plan the security measures during the celebrations.

The event at the Palace Square, the galla dinner at the Royal Palace, the lunch at the royal yacht and accommodation/transport of the visiting guests was covered by the royal court and cost 1.8 million Norwegian kroner (about 165000 GBP).

The security was paid by the police.

The government (as they were during previous birthday celebrations of King Olav and King Harald) was informed of the plans in case they also wanted to celebrate the King and Queen, but they had nothing to do with the planning and they could not have stopped any thing.

The government chose to celebrate the King/Queen with a dinner in the opera. They did the same for the 60th, 70th, 75th, 80th and 85th birthdays of King Olav and the joint 60th birthday for the King and Queen in 1997 and the King's 70th birthday in 2007 (On these occasions the dinners was held at Akershus Castle).

The dinner at the opera cost 2 million Norwegian kroner (about 183000 GBP).

Had the government chosen not to give any dinner, then the prime minister had been heavily criticized by other politicians, experts/commentators and the media.

The gift from the government is a digital installation based on Queen Maud's private photo album and selected outfits. The cost of this is almost 5 million Norwegian kroner (about 458000 GBP).

Both the dinner in the opera and the gift was paid with money granted over the state budget.

Are we going to see a celebration like this again in Norway? Yes, if the King and Queen are still living in 2027.

Golden Wedding anniversary 2018: The experts already think that there will be large celebrations with foreign royal guests (as we saw in 1993) with a white tie gala dinner and dance at the Royal Palace on August 28th, and the King/Queen being driven in an open car to and from a service in Oslo Cathedral, followed by an apperance on the balcony and a goverment dinner on August 29th.

If that happens, it will be the third year in a row with celebrations. And I think therefore (as I said in a previous post here) that they will do as Margrethe/Henrik and celebrate privately.

But the so-called experts were right about the 80th birthday celebrations (and I was wrong) so maybe there will be big festivities again next year.

Many may think it sounds strange to have foreign guests attending again next year, but it happened in 2007 when the King celebrated his 70th in February and the Queen in July. Both events were attended by foreign royal guests.

It also happened this year: Queen Margrethe, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia were here last year for parts of the Silver Jubilee and again this year for the 80th birthdays.

My two day break from my self imposed ban here is now over, but I will take another break from it for Trooping the Colour and again when we get more information about William/Kate's Scandinavian trip.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm back again to make a post about the 80th birthday anniversary trip. I have decided that I will be active here between 11th and 14th of June to cover it.

Translated by me:
Kongeparets jubileumsreise - innlandet - kongehuset.no
The King and Queen's 80th anniversary trip

Their Majesties The King and Queen will in the period 11th to 14th of June 2017 conduct an anniversary trip with visits to the counties of Hedmark and Oppland. Accreditation deadline is Friday 26th of May.

The trip is included as a part of the 80th birthday celebrations of the King and Queen.

Program

The program for each visits location has not been finally determined. The King and Queen will invite 600 guests to a garden party at Maihaugen on Tuesday, June 13th. The guests are from Hedmark and Oppland and they are selected in cooperation with the local county governor.

Skibladner

The anniversary trip begins at Hamar, and then continues to Tingnes, Kapp, Gjøvik and Lillehammer. During the voyage, the royal couple will use D/S «Skibladner».

Kvamsfjellet

On Monday the 12th of June, the King and Queen will attend an evening concert at Kvamsfjellet in Nord-Fron.

Maihaugen

The King and Queen's garden party with 600 invited guests will take place at Maihaugen in Lillehammer in the afternoon Tuesday 13th of June. The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be present.

Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger

The royal couple's anniversary trip - ends Wednesday 14th of June with visits to Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger.

Media coverage - accreditation

The press will have photo opportunities at several places. There will be limited photo point/access at the garden party - except for NTB scanpix that will have access to free photography.

A press program will be prepared for the entire anniversary trip for accredited press.

Media that wishes to cover the whole or part of the King and Queen's anniversary trip must apply for accreditation. The application must contain information with name, medium, phone number, e-mail address and where you want accreditation.

Application for accreditation must be sent electronically to akkreditering@slottet.no by Friday 26th of May 2017 at 15.00.

Any questions can be directed to Assistant Communications Manager Sven Gj. Gjeruldsen, The Royal Court, Phone +47 908 26 849.

Last edited:
I should have thought a bit better before I decided to take a break after May 10th, because we have this anniversary trip (which I have decided to cover), the Trooping the Colour (which I will be around for), Queen Sonja's birthday on July 4th (which I have also decided to cover) and the State Visit from Spain to the UK who begins on July 12th (which I will be around for).

Then I will take a permanent break (as I did last year) and (maybe) be back for QEII/Philip's wedding anniversary in November. But I will take a break from it and come back when we get more information about William/Kate's Scandinavian trip, and I will of course cover the Norwegian part of their trip.

From Kjell Arne Totland - translated by me:
Så seiler vi på Mjøsa… | Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Everything is ready for this year's great royal journey here at home ...

Sunday morning, King Harald and Queen Sonja launch their grand jubilee trip in the counties of Hedmark and Oppland. Within four days the royal couple will visit Hamar, Tingnes, Kapp, Gjøvik and Lillehammer - as well as Kvamsfjellet, Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger.

This year's anniversary trip is included as part of the 80th anniversary of the royal couple - the same as last year's voyage along the coast was part of the Silver Jubilee.

Large parts of this year's journey will naturally occur by car. However, when visiting the cities and towns around Mjøsa, they will use the lake's own white swan, the venerable D/S Skibladner.

The palace, in cooperation with the county governors of Hedmark and Oppland, has prepared a comprehensive and varied program for the anniversary trip - with plenty of opportunity for the audience to experience the King and Queen closely.

One of the main highlights of the trip will be the royal couple's own garden party for 600 guests at Maihaugen in Lillehammer in the afternoon Tuesday 13th of June.

At the great royal garden party, in addition to King Harald and Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be present - as they also were at many of the last year's garden parties in the coastal towns of Western and Southern Norway.

TV2 and TV2 News Channel will have a broad coverage of the journey - starting in Hamar on Sunday morning.

Last edited:
A bit more of what I postet yesterday - translated by me:
https://www.oa.no/skibladner/kong-harald/mjosa/skibladner-i-toppform-til-kongeparbesok/s/5-35-436576
King Harald and Queen Sonja come to visit with Skibladner on Sunday and Leader in Oppland Steamship Company, Bjørn Blichfeldt is looking forward to welcoming them.

Blichfeldt has been given the task of Chairman of the Board and is going to spend the whole day making sure that the royal couple is doing well and tell them everything from Skibladner's history.

Harald Rasmussen is the leading captain that day and will make sure that Skibladner is going smoothly along Mjøsa.

"This will be a long time so we have to make sure that the King and the Queen are doing well in the boat," says Blichfeldt.

King Harald's first trip

The royal couple will be in Gjøvik for 40 minutes before the trip continues towards Moelv and Lillehammer. Blichfeldt has prepared both the boat and the crew for the big visits.

The Queen has been aboard Skibladner before, but this will be King Harald's first trip.

"We appreciate this very much," says Blichfeldt

The royal couple, county governors and the police chief will be the main guests aboard Skibladner on Sunday together with royal staff and Skibladner's employees.

"The boat shall be in good condition"

The Norwegian flag, which usually hangs in the front of Skibladner, is to be replaced with royal couple's 80th monogram. "We are going to provide top service and a top experience", Blichfeldt says. There is no doubt that both the management and crew are well prepared and look forward to meeting the royals.

A nice and interested Queen

Blichfeldt met the Queen last year in connection with a private event. In May 1993, when Fjellhallen opened, Blichfeldt held a speech with the royal couple in the audience. "Then I had kneskjelv (shaken in his knees). I had not had it before not or later and I don't think I will have it on Sunday" says Blichfeldt. He tells us that the queen is a very nice.

"I'm very excited to welcome them," Blichfeldt says.

Proud of Skibladner

Blichfeldt says he would like to see the Crown Prince couple on board in the future. "We are the world's oldest paddle steamer and then the royals must of course visit", he says.

He tells that they are proud that the King and Queen choose Skibladner for their tour of the Mjøs region.

Wishes the boats welcome

Skibladner with crew want most possible boats on Mjøsa on Sunday. Both at Kapp and Gjøvik they hope that the boats will meet them and follow them in and out of the jetty.

More information about Skibladner:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skibladner

Last edited:
Translated by me: https://www.gd.no/vis/direkte/cj3ppf71q00i009gvy70j1osd
Here's the program for the anniversary trip:

Sunday, June 11th:

At 12:00 The royal couple comes to the medieval festival at Domkirkeodden in Hamar

At 12:45 The royal couple arrives at Skibladnerbrygga in Hamar and travels to Tingnes brygge in Ringsaker.

At 13:30, The royal couple arrives at Tingnes and attends a culture program led by Asle Berteig.

At 14:00 The artwork Åretak will be unveiled

At 14:45 Skibladner and the royal couple arrive at Kapp brygge, in Østre Toten. Attends a cultural program with among others Knut Anders Sørum band.

At 15:30 Skibladner leave Kapp brygge.

At 16:20 Skibladner with the royal couple arrives at Skibladnerbrygga in Gjøvik. The cultural program lasts until 17:00

At 19:10 Skibladner with the royal couple arrives at Skibladnerbrygga in Lillehammer. The cultural program with Tom Styve lasts until 19:30.

Monday, June 12th:

At 17:15 The royal couple arrives at Rondablikk.

At 17:30 The royal couple attends a cultural program from Høyfjellsscena with Peer Gynt as theme. Local contributors and father and son Oftebro (The Oftebros are famous actors in Norway, father/son).

Kl 18:30 The royal couple says goodbye and travels from Rondablikk.

Tuesday, June 13th:

At 14:45, the ports of Maihaugen will be opened for guests and the press to the great Garden Party, where 600 guests will be present.

At 16:00 The royal couple and the crown prince couple come, there will be speeches and entertainment from the stage.

At 16:25 -18:00 Mingling and conversation around the area.

At 18:00 The party is over. The royals leaves the area.

Wednesday, June 14th:

At 12:00-14:00 The royal couple visits the company Mapei in Nord-Odal.

At 15:00-16:00 The royal couple visits Kongsvinger at the Women's Museum and Kongsvinger Fortress.

At 16:00 The anniversary trip ends.
Pretty amazing schedule for their age (especially for His Majesty who is a bit frail).

I will be back later this evening (if I have the time) or tomorrow with more.

Last edited:
I can't forget the King and Queen's hectic schedule for this trip (as you can read in my above post from yesterday evening).

More news with video in the article - translated by me:
https://www.nrk.no/ho/dronninga-sin-barndomsheim-er-snart-klar-utvendig-1.13552627
The Queen's childhood home ready for a party

On Tuesday, the King and Queen invites to a 80th birthday garden party at Maihaugen. Then the new addition to the museum, Queen Sonja's childhood home, will be ready on the outside. But they still need 8.5 million for the work to be done inside.

''We have promised that the house will be presentable on the outside, and I feel we can stand by that now'', says Torger Korpberget, Head of Operations and Building Protection at Lillehammer Museum.

The villa from Vinderen in Oslo was last November moved from the capital to Lillehammer Museum on Maihaugen.

Belives on funding

Much work remains before the villa from Vinderen can be opened to the public. Everything shall be ready to the royal couple's golden wedding anniversary in August next year. The works inside starts in the fall.

''That's when it's going to be fun'', says Korpberget, and shows us Sonja's children's room, where one can see some of the original wallpaper.

The moving of the house and to get it in place at Lillehammer exceeded the budget. The next phase, the works inside, is estimated at 11 million. Korpberget thinks that will be enough. But it still lacks 8.5 million.

''We have a good dialogue with the ministry and I think the money is coming. And if they come in time, that is, within a few months, then this will be fine'', says Korpberget.

The Ministry of Culture states that they have an application from Lillehammer Museum and that this is handled in line with all other applications.

Ready for a garden party

Everything that has been changed in the house since Queen Sonja lived there has been removed, and everything will now be restored back to how it looked when it was the home of the Haraldsen family. In addition, the house has been painted outside, and parts of the lawn around are laid.

A excavator is now used to get everything ready before the garden party on Tuesday. 600 guests are invited, and in addition to the King and Queen, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will be present.

The royal couple's visit to Lillehammer is part of their anniversary trip in Hedmark and Oppland. The journey begins at Hamar on June 11th. Skibladner will then take the King and Queen to Tingnes, Kapp, Gjøvik and Lillehammer.

Monday, June 12th, the King and Queen will attend an evening concert at Kvamsfjellet.

The garden party at Maihaugen is arranged on Tuesday afternoon before the anniversary trip ends Wednesday, June 14th. Then they will visit Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger.

Last edited:
Translated by me:
https://www.nrk.no/ho/kongeparet-kommer-til-innlandet-1.13553420
The King and Queen's visit to the Inland will be like this

On Sunday King Harald and Queen Sonja will come to Hamar. The royal couple will visit the Inland for four days.

It's in connection with the fact that both the King and Queen are celebrating 80 years this year that they are now carrying out an anniversary trip to Hedmark and Oppland.

The visit starts at Hamar on Sunday. Then the trip continues to Tingnes, Cape, Gjøvik and Lillehammer. It is Skibladner who is going to carry the royal couple on this day.

Among other things, they are going to visit the Medieval Festival in Hamar and they are going to a cake party for 80-year-olds in Gjøvik.

Garden party

On Monday, the royal couple will attend an evening concert at Kvamsfjellet in Nord Fron. Here they will see a "meeting" between Ibsen's Peer Gynt and the real hunter and open airman Peer Gynt.

"Clearly, we must showcase the best we have, both of nature and culture. I hope many people take the tour and participate in celebrating the royal couple with a proper people's party'', says mayor Rune Støstad.

On Tuesday afternoon, 600 people are invited to the royal couple's garden party at Maihaugen. Here the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be present.

The anniversary trip in the inland ends on Wednesday with visits to Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger. Among other things, they will visit the company Mapei and the Women's Museum.

Nice that they are going to have cake with other 80 year olds.

Last edited:
Finally an english article about it:
King Harald and Queen Sonja’s birthday celebration continues tomorrow – This is happening – Royal Central
On Sunday, His Majesty King Harald and Her Majesty Queen Sonja start their jubilee journey in the Norwegian interior as a part of the celebration of their 80th birthdays this year.

In four days, the King and Queen will visit Hamar, Tingnes, Kapp, Gjøvik, Lillehammer, Kvamsfjellet, Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger. Their travels will begin on Sunday and will end on Wednesday of next week.

Royal Central’s Europe Correspondent will follow the King and Queen on the first and last day of the journey and report live from the events through his Twitter account. We will also publish articles and have many photos from the events over the next four days.
Oskar Aanmoen's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/OAanmoen

Don't know if I've posted this picture before, but this is the King back in March - from the royal house on facebook:
His Majesty The King thanks everyone for the many nice gifts and greetings that he received from all over the country on the occasion of his 80th birthday. The King is here looking at some of the gifts he received.

The picture: https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3e73ba2bdd71b778d34e412f019dffa8&oe=59A30BD9

Last edited:
You are doing a great job, reporting for us, Royal Norway. :flowers:

. Article with a VIDEO

https://www.nrk.no/ho/kongeparet-pa-besok-i-innlandet-1.13554499

I'm very surprised me too!! I have the feeling that Queen Sonja was very popular in her country! Very interesting! Thanks ROYAL NORWAY!

Queen Sonja celebrates 80 years: Her liife in pictures

Queen Sonja of Norway: Norwegian Queen's life in pictures | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Pictures of the statue of Queen who unveils her grandchildren. Nice statue

https://gfx.nrk.no/wSidAMpNruwW8YggmsqDcgugkAjLkVXA3ytBQKmmNoVw
https://gfx.nrk.no/5zAMVXXMo_xKr2ZUSDScZwAeVVj9GRrpbgsnSt2ZLGkw
https://img250.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=44324_IMG_1786_122_454lo.JPG
https://img180.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=44325_IMG_1787_122_809lo.JPG

Gallery for so far celebrations

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you [emoji1360][emoji253]
:previous: You're very welcome!

The weather is cold and it has rained but many people are out celebrating and there have been live reports on the television throughout the day.

Just some of the many pictures - you can see some of them in the royal house article that iceflower postet:

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

Søk | Scanpix

http://www.h-a.no/articleImages//cb...scale=both&width=820&height=437&bgcolor=black

http://www.h-a.no/articleImages//47...scale=both&width=820&height=437&bgcolor=black

Last edited:
Queen Sonja and King Harald on anniversary trip - Norway Today
King Harald and Queen Sonja started their anniversary trip on Hamar on Sunday, and the journey continued with Skibladner to Tingnes, Kapp, Gjøvik and Lillehammer.

The Royal Couple arrived at the cathedral church in Hamar on Sunday morning, to attend the medieval festival and to visit Hamar Dome. People dressed as both jugglers and knights were to be seen along the route, as well as women wearing old reconstructed wedding dresses.

In the dome which was completed around the year 1200, the royal couple could listen to both history and Gregorian chansons from their guide, Kristin Skjønsberg.

Skibladner

Then the horse and carriage went to Skibladnerbrygga, where Skibladner waited to bring the king pair to Tingnes, Kapp, Gjøvik and Lillehammer. The anniversary trip, which is part of the 80th anniversary of the Royal Couple, lasts until Wednesday.

Monday, the King and Queen will be present at an evening concert at Kvamsfjellet in Nord Fron. The following day the Royal Couple will hold a garden party with a total of 600 invited guests at Maihaugen in Lillehammer. The Royal Couple then round up their anniversary trip on Wednesday with visits to Nord-Odal and Kongsvinger.

They are now in Lillehammer, and I will continue my coverage with edits in this post as I did above - more pictures:

WOW:
https://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynami...b0a4ad04a1fd6f8b4bbc3301da417e.jpg?chk=7FBAA0

https://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynami...44cbcae17405ec6b95b48b2378817d.jpg?chk=DE521F

https://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynami...aea0f0890ca3efba85fbdc5c0b4fe0.jpg?chk=843555

https://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynami...27c552c43afce601848db5de5873f6.jpg?chk=DDF9C1

They have left and people shouted congratulations:
https://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynami...aab37c4c048e02cb1902a6e1e6e0e2.jpg?chk=849F36

Last edited:
Pretty amazing visit yesterday with many people out to see them - despite the weather. And remember that they were in places where few people live.

A bit of their Majesties visits to Hamar, Tingnes, Kapp and Gjøvik yesterday. The last minute of the video is from Gjøvik with other 80-year-olds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGO8vGvQSTE

Their Majesties in Lillehammer yesterday evening - see the last minute of the video, when they are leaving - many people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1XPFwzasI

Love this picture from Kapp yesterday:
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongeh...6a8ffa25c07db770a86fc5960490593d4b5a2ad34.jpg

This are all the pictures from Lillehammer - I posted some of them in my above post from yesterday evening - Edit This page is constantly updated with new pictures - roll down to June 11th to see the photos from Lillehammer:
https://www.gd.no/vis/direkte/cj3ppf71q00i009gvy70j1osd

I will continue my coverage from Kvamsfjellet at 17:00 today - 16:00 British time.

Last edited:
Royal Central's Europe Correspondent who live in Norway and followed the trip yesterday - has written a very long and good summary of what that happened yesterday: King Harald and Queen Sonja continues their huge anniversary celebrations – Royal Central

Kjell Arne Totland has written a summary too - I will transelate that later.

Today: The King and Queen will visit Gudbrandsdalen where they will receive a performance in the high mountains as a gift. Many local articles about it with much information, which I don't have time to translate it now, but here is a short one from NRK - translated by me:
https://www.nrk.no/ho/kongelig-feiring-i-nord-fron-1.13556036
Royal celebration in North Fron

Kvamsfjellet (NRK): The last preparation is in progress, the royal couple will soon reach Rondablikk and Høgfjellsscena.

The royal couple is embarking on their second day on the anniversary trip in Hedmark and Oppland. The horse Bjonfrida is ready for the honorable mission.

"We are going to use both hair spray and gloss spray", says Ingunn Tofte.

Will experience a lot

The trip is not that long, but the royal couple gets a lot of experience on the trip.

"On the way up they will get a touch of dance and fog. When they arrive there is a choir ready to sing "Fola, fola Blakken". And the concert at Høgfjellscena will be very nice, with many different features'', says Tofte.

Tofte is excited before meeting with the King and Queen.

"This will be a great experience. I've been thinking very much about what to say. But it will be a bit up to the the royal couple,"says Tofte.

Braiding of hair

Madeleine Hallingrød shall perform for the royal couple. She reads in a crime book while her friend Mina Letrud is braiding her hair.

"It's okay to look presentable when you're going to perform for the King and Queen", Mina says.
Edit Pictures:

https://gfx.nrk.no/4MWUD_JEBWhIJSbC85Jl2gg-Y-O6DmFxdwRj_Rsbr9Ww

https://gfx.nrk.no/msbObmXMoz-JcKxCoiqttggIYzVCYIIAbeN5Eq_Bhnzw

https://gfx.nrk.no/SrB5bhLYRkBtiSvHm7bgdQgDqs4HV95KrgfUxm_fPJPg

Edit Many have taken the long way up to see the concert:
https://gfx.nrk.no/vSGBhISjiioyLAcjWHo7Ow4qwRyRfL5Ozt8khgFGOSgw

Edit This page is constantly updated with new pictures - roll down to June 11th to see the photos that I posted from Lillehammer yesterday:
https://www.gd.no/vis/direkte/cj3ppf71q00i009gvy70j1osd

Edit It's raining heavily, but people are still out.

Edit The birthday song is being sung to the royal couple.

Last edited:
The King and Queen have now left the rainy weather.

Pictures from Scanpix of them leaving:

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf7865d

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf78653

I will be back for the garden party tomorrov 14:45 norwagian time - the King, Queen and the Crown Prince Couple will arrive at 16:00 and will leave at 18:00.

Maybe I will translate the summary from Kjell Arne Totland later tonight, but doubt I'll have the time.

On the visit yesterday: I read in local newspapers yesterday that people were touched and proud to have had the King and Queen visiting, some young people had (acording to reporters there) tears in their eyes.

Edit Pictures from Scanpix about the entertainments in the rain today:

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf786a4

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf786cd

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf786af

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf786b6

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf786c9

http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/tbf786dc

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Scanpix-photos won't show for me:ermm:

But Thank You ROYAL NORWAY for keeping us updated, very much appreciated! :flowers:

:flowers: thanks, fairy tale!

That was strange.

You must have a subscription to see the latest photos on the scanpix page - something I have, but there should be no problems for posters on this forum to see the pictures once I've posted them.

I logged out of the scanpix page and I still got access to the photos from this forum. Maybe they are not available outside Norway - can someone please let me know?

:previous: Oh, it did. I've heard from other posters who have used the thanks button, and it worked for some, but not for everyone. Really weird.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom