Alia and Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I look closely, QN resembles her mother's looks, which were swedish. Did you know QN said her mother "greatly resents QN's interest in her arabic roots far more than her swedish ones?" She also refused to call Noor Noor; until QN said to her "It's been a year; my name is no longer Lisa---please use my name, Noor. Lisa never felt like my real name anyway; Noor is a gift from my husband. You insult this gift when you persist in calling me Lisa."
sol_anglada said:
Dear,
With your permission I want to tell you tajt in my opinion both queens are very different. Queen Noor has Lebanon roots but in fact they don't appear on her face. In the oposite side, the died Queen Alia was palestinian and you can see this characteristic on her.
Sol

From left to right it's QA and KH. A bit behind them at the airport (behind KH) is a tall man and a young woman in a long skirt. They are Najeeb Halaby and Lisa, who a year later would be QN.

maryshawn said:
jpg.gif
KINGHUSSAN001.jpg

Well, got Alia; Lisa is much more problematic.....but will keep trying!
Lisa had a big nose, but none of her kids has it, maybe Hamzah... as for alia, the same ,she had a big nose, I wonder, did Hayah had a nose job, her nose is lovely.... anyway, they resemble each other, the way Lisa used to be at the time-

bubbles said:
hi Mary Shawn,

the pics look great! thanx for all your hard work. i know you have been trying very hard for the last couple of days to post some pictures.you are doing a great job. it is very much appreciated.

take care,
bubbles

we all appreciate it, Mary, thanx for the effort, Alia and Noor are my pref Queens.

maryshawn said:
If you look carefully at other photos I am trying to add during her early years, her nose seems streamlined. QA's was not; hence, some resemblance in earlier years there. Thank goodness, her lip collagen phase seems to have come and gone or been modified so they look more normal. In earlier shots, her lips are thinner. She was quoted as saying both she and KH participated in some face exercising program to enhance cheekbones and generally give more youthful appearance. Like Jackie Onassis, she seems to have had some "freshening up" around eyes w/in past few years. And a really great "stylist" can work wonders! Look at all the Hollywood "stars" and even late Princess Diana. They took her from her preference NOT to wear makeup to wearing it well, made her hair more lustruous with highlighting and selected a lovely wardrobe enhancing her overall "look." It's amazing what they can do!
well, I think Lisa, I love this name, but I love the name Noor as well, I think she was very pretty be4e her nose and lips job, of course, she's now stunning, I think Raiyah resembles her alot-

sol_anglada said:
Well, you know that in spite of having lebanon roots in fact Queen Noor parents were American. In my opinion Queen Noor, very beatiful, of course could be consider, acording her face as American, Canadin or European.
Sol
Sol, from QN's mother side, her roots are Swedish, from her paternal grandmother, her roots are Scottish and English, from her paternal grandfather her roots are :confused: ;) :) :cool: Syrian- Lebanese, of course her western roots are there on her feautures.

tipper said:
Lisa had a big nose, but none of her kids has it, maybe Hamzah... as for alia, the same ,she had a big nose, I wonder, did Hayah had a nose job, her nose is lovely.... anyway, they resemble each other, the way Lisa used to be at the time-
Haya definitely had a nose job--there's a photo in one of her threads before and after. Her nose used to be very broad like her mother's.

Thanks

tipper said:
Sol, from QN's mother side, her roots are Swedish, from her paternal grandmother, her roots are Scottish and English, from her paternal grandfather her roots are :confused: ;) :) :cool: Syrian- Lebanese, of course her western roots are there on her feautures.
Thanks dear "Tipper", fr explaining me this.
So:)

It does seem short, even for a "whirlwind courtship." What struck me in the book is 6 weeks seemed to be drawn out with her describing how she thought and thought about his proposal.......and how he had to bring the issue up again and again "then drop it for awhile." It made it seem more like 6 months but it was, in fact, 6 weeks. It would seem far more likely to me they began courting when she moved to Jordan at the behest of her father.....and I can't remember when that was but it was months before she states the courtship began. I need to look up that article written by the journalist who described him as a lonely man and said it was post Alia and just before Noor. I posted it somewhere. That may give a better idea of timing.
Ipi Tombe said:
i read the book, too.

but i still raise a fairly skeptical eyebrow to the timing. she consults on the king's palace and 6wks later she is his bride.

sure, if that is what you want to believe....:rolleyes:

"In February of 1978, almost exactly 21 years ago, I went to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan with the notion of meeting with the king......"this is the quote from the LA Times journalist ("The King and I" was name of article) who says he had not yet begun his courtship of Lisa Halaby. Her words lead one to believe He was so lonely, she wonders what would've happened had she accepted his invitation to stay longer in Jordan. Now Lisa was in Jordan by Feb. 1978 but He made no mention of anyone--saying "Alia was the only one who understood me." In looking at her article, it reads like the "first date" Lisa had with KH. Journalist arrives for afternoon meeting, meeting leads to dinner then seeing sleeping children, using his ham operator equipment to call LA, .....not ending till very late at night with one of his aides on her doorstep the next day asking her to consider staying longer in Jordan. Lisa Halaby went to KH's palace for a meeting on its construction defects and that led to six hours of eating, meeting his kids, seeing his home and stables......Interesting.

Bubbette said:
Haya definitely had a nose job--there's a photo in one of her threads before and after. Her nose used to be very broad like her mother's.
really ? I had never noticed it, of course she must have inherited her mum's nose-

maryshawn said:
It does seem short, even for a "whirlwind courtship." What struck me in the book is 6 weeks seemed to be drawn out with her describing how she thought and thought about his proposal.......and how he had to bring the issue up again and again "then drop it for awhile." It made it seem more like 6 months but it was, in fact, 6 weeks. It would seem far more likely to me they began courting when she moved to Jordan at the behest of her father.....and I can't remember when that was but it was months before she states the courtship began. I need to look up that article written by the journalist who described him as a lonely man and said it was post Alia and just before Noor. I posted it somewhere. That may give a better idea of timing.

I read somewhere that KH's proposal to Lisa took place only 2 months after QA's death, in April 1977, I doubt that can be true, but well, it could, don't know, really-

Queen Noor

I read that King Husseing met Lisa Halaby before Queen Alia's death on the occasion of some events,so it's possible that the king asked to the future Queen Noor to be married only two month later of Alis's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom