Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Francesca speaks German well? In a docu about the current members she spoke just in English. ??

Thanks in advance

This weekend, Saturday 4. September 2010

Francesca, Eleonora, Karl, Gloria Habsburg attend with

Albert von Thurn und Taxis, Xenias Maculan's sister Anna's Wedding.

Albert's sisters Maria Theresia and Elisabeth were also there.

At this link:
Rührende Adels-Märchenhochzeit - Heute.at - LeuteHeute

picture 3: Albert and Xenia in gold dress.
picture 4: Francesca (li.), Eleonora, Karl and Gloria Habsburg
picture 7: Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis and sister Maria Theresia (in Vivienne Westwood)

Stories austrian press:
Rührende Adels-Märchenhochzeit - Heute.at - LeuteHeute

Bau-Tycoon-Tochter heiratet Husslein-Sohn

More photos:
PRESSEFOTOS Husslein Maculan Hochzeit @ St. Elisabeth Platz am 04.09.2010, Fotograf AndreasTischler.com - Pressefotos Promifotos Eventfotos Szene Partyfotos Fotoshooting Fotograf Fotograph Presse Pressefotograf Events Party Diskothek Club Clubbing

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...taxis-2-july-2008-a-17969-23.html#post1134775

How does Archduke Karl spend his time? He doesn't work, I don't think. What activities or charities is he involved with?

Does Francesca speaks German well? In a docu about the current members she spoke just in English. ??

Thanks in advance

She does speak German but not very well. I once saw an interview with her on ORF which she gave in German and it wasn't very good.
I think she prefers to give English interviews. The children are bilingual though.

How does Archduke Karl spend his time? He doesn't work, I don't think. What activities or charities is he involved with?

I would like to know that too. He keeps a low profile I think and I don't think he works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand a couple separating, but living the rest of your life as a monk or a nun? That is a sad waste to live a life in such limbo. Do Francesca and Karl carry on discreet (or indiscreet) relationships with others? Is there a chance they will finally divorce after Otto has gone on? Also, who initiated the separation to begin with?

:previous:
If they had or have discreet relationships, we wouldn't know; if they were indiscreet, we would.
In any case, unless their relationships become a public issue it's none of our business.

My question was only out of compassion for two people who are not allowed to divorce so each can move on to find real happiness. I was wondering how it might work today because years ago, a friend of mine dated a royal for several years and was devastated when his family refused to allow them to marry. He is now unhappily married and she remained heartbroken until the day she died. So sad.

Well, I suppose nobody can forbid them to divorce, so if they want to they can. There is no law that says they can not. But at the moment they seem to prefer the present arrangement.

With the Habsburgs we must also keep in mind the religious issue. If Karl is as Catholic as his father, divorce is not an option.

Archduke Otto is still alive and Archduke Karl's matrimonial problems are known.
Will he accept to be Heir and be unhappy or will he ask his brother Georg to take over. Nobody knows . I still don't understand why his wedding was accepted by the Head of the House , no other Habsburg assisted the wedding.

Archduke Otto is still alive and Archduke Karl's matrimonial problems are known.
Will he accept to be Heir and be unhappy or will he ask his brother Georg to take over. Nobody knows . I still don't understand why his wedding was accepted by the Head of the House , no other Habsburg assisted the wedding.

But Karl is already the head of the House as Archduke Otto gave this position to him a few years ago.

With the Habsburgs we must also keep in mind the religious issue. If Karl is as Catholic as his father, divorce is not an option.

apart from the catholic issues it might also be a money issue. Francesca is very rich and might have to pay substantial amounts to Karl.
apparently they get on very well, have family holiday together and raise their kids together. if that arrangement is ok for both so why divorce?
They probably have relationships with others, after all they have been seperated for years.

On May 21, Archduchess Francesca attended the Life Ball, a charity gala to raise money for people living with HIV
and AIDS in Vienna, Austria. She had a good appearance on the red carpet (1), but had bad luck during the fashion
show that was part of the ball (see pics 2 and 3) ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Is that the wife of the Heir of the Habsburg ? Pic 3 well-done !

Yes, it is Francesca. She just had bad luck. It is a charity fashion show with lots of famous/semi-famous people on the catwalk. She's probably not used to run around in such a dress ;)

Well, it seems that she really has bad luck with her dresses. We all remember that famous photo in Venice, where the back of her dress was lifted up by the light breeze...:)

While looking on articles about AD Otto, I stumbled over this one aout ADss Fransesca's birthday party on June 8th 2011:

Happy Birthday, Francesca Habsburg

It says that AD Karl also attended.

Does Archduke Karl still believes in the restoration of Monarchy in Austria?

Does Archduke Karl still believes in the restoration of Monarchy in Austria?

He never uttered himself in that respect no he would only move there by wish of the people,and nothing else.But my point: never say never.

The first Lady of the House of Habsbourg is not the Head's wife as before but Archduke Otto 's daughter n°4 , Archduchess Gabriela (a divorcee).

As long as she is married to Archduke Karl, his wife Francesca will be the "First Lady" of the Family.

They are very catholic and are not divorced.

Three years ago it was claimed that Francesca would divorce Karl but they are still married... And why should they divorce? Both have no new partner, both are catholic and being the wife of the Head of the House of Habsburg means a top position in Austria's more or less openly Royalty and aristocracy-loving society. Plus their children, even though they live with Karl in Salzburg, would surely suffer from a divorce.

Francesca will not be Head of the Order of Starry Cross, although she is married to Karl.
The Head of the Order of Starring Cross is Archduchess Gabrielle.
She is a divorcee but Amedeo wrote that her wedding was annulled canonically.

I thought Karl had moved to Vienna?

I read recently, where I don't recall, of Francesca speaking of the problems her children encountered in school because they had the name Habsburg, so she ensured they used a different surname. Is that correct?

Do Karl and his family have social standing in Austria because they are the "first couple" of the Habsburgs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom