Charles III and Queen Camilla, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Camilla is heard to call the new, progressive portrait of King Charles "fantastic". Initially I find the painting quite startling yet amazing with all the symbolism. The coloration and facial features are very accurate and equally powerful against the fiery red which is supposed to depict Charles wearing the uniform of the Welsh Guards, of which he was made Regimental Colonel in 1975 – a role which has since been passed on to the current Prince of Wales – Prince William.

The painting was commissioned in 2020 started on June 2021 at Highgrove, the last sitting took place in November 2023 at Clarence House. At the start Charles and the artist spoke about how nice it would be to have a narrative element which referenced his passion for nature and the environment. Prince Charles at the time said "what about a butterfly on my shoulder". After Charles became King the butterfly represented a metamorphosis and Charles joked: "It was nice to know I was a chrysalis when you first met me. Well thank you andcongratulations. Fantastic." Interesting, the butterfly depicted is a monarch butterfly.

Last edited:
:previous:

It's Lord Oliver Cholmondley, see also here on Coronation Day.

Later today, King Charles and Queen Camilla hosted the Creative Industries Garden Party at Buckingham Palace:

** gettyimages gallery **
This picture shows a nice bond between the king and his page:

This picture shows a nice bond between the king and his page:

Looking at the picture of Oliver Cholmondeley and Prince George, you realize what a big boy George is. Oliver is three years older, but they're about the same size.

It was a busy day for the king and Queen with the Service for the Order of the British Empire at St. Paul's Cathedral and a Garden Party too!
PPE Agency

Back
Top Bottom