Christening of Sverre Magnus - March 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Maxima and Martha Louise look so elegant! I didn't really like what Mette-Marit was wearing though.

I agree, her clothes look a bit sad for a christening. She could do much better than that

wouldn't it be cute if both Mette-Marit & Ingrid Alexandra go in matching 'blue' for Sverre's christening?

ps. i know MM is pregnant back then, but the outfit is very gorgeous..and she looks dashing in it.

(photos are from ANP, scanpix, anb)

purple_platinum said:
wouldn't it be cute if both Mette-Marit & Ingrid Alexandra go in matching 'blue' for Sverre's christening?

ps. i know MM is pregnant back then, but the outfit is very gorgeous..and she looks dashing in it.

Would have been a wonderful idea! :p

Imo MM should have opted for a suit similar in colour and cut to the photo you posted for the christening yesterday instead of wearing black and white.

I have to say it was so refreshing to see IA in another colour than baby pink, which MM always seems to dress her in

carlota said:
i think adelaide is right. it's not protocolar to cross legs in an official act, but that's quite unusual since many people would think that's the better and nicest ways of a lady placing her legs (as, again, it looks more lady like than just having them together). however, protocol says legs should be like that when not wearing skirt and slightly turned to one side when the lady is wearing skirt.

Well, Queen Sonja crossed her legs during the ceremony as well...

wartenberg7 said:
carlota said:
i think adelaide is right. it's not protocolar to cross legs in an official act, but that's quite unusual since many people would think that's the better and nicest ways of a lady placing her legs (as, again, it looks more lady like than just having them together). however, protocol says legs should be like that when not wearing skirt and slightly turned to one side when the lady is wearing skirt.

Well, Queen Sonja crossed her legs during the ceremony as well...

i think it's not entirely incorrect to cross your legs. it also says so in the articles i posted, that it's a very "conservative" protocol rule. mette marit also did it, so i assume new royalty are not any more taught that rule, but for example margrethe or victoria (i think) didn't do it.

i agree with the light blue outfit of mette marit in london. it just looked so so good and even if she repeated it for such an special ocassion it would have been a really nice option: it's a beautiful, simple, elegant outfit that would also match with little ingrid and with the fact that sverre is a boy (light blue for boys and pink for girls :) ). i loved that outfit so much in london.

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
Thanks Jess;) :)
1. Any pictures of Sven with the family?, I didn't see him in the official portraits
2. Marius is so well behaved, he's much better than most kids at his age :)
It was said that Sven got ill and had to go to the hospital, so my guess is that he went before the pictures were shot.

norwegianne said:
It was said that Sven got ill and had to go to the hospital, so my guess is that he went before the pictures were shot.

How convenient:rolleyes: :D

I was away for the weekend so missed all of this until just now and I am very dissapointed in Mette-Marits outfit.

I know nobody who would wear all black to a christening, let alone the mother of the child.

I think the World of Mette-Marit but she just looks so dull and boring.

Maybe she is still carrying baby weight, but with her money she could have had access to a designer who could cut and outfit to suit her, she could have worn a darker colour, just not black!

I would have loved her to be in a baby blue colour, like the outfit posted of her in London.

I like Mary's outfit but not the headpiece, Maxima looks stunning but not the right colour for a christening.

Thanks to all, who have posted pictures. A wonderful baptism...with a crying baby (just as it has to be :D ), nice gestures and a very natural Royal family.
Fashion-wise a little bit more colour wouldn´t have been bad...the long and dark winter represents these colours enough.

My favourite scene was, when Ingrid tried to fix a candle, burnt herself a bit and as "revenge" she tried to blow the candles out. Judging the faces, I´m not the only one, who considers it as funny :D
Since NRK-stream buffers and stops a lot, I downloaded it and cut the little scene out:
http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KQTSK9PMPO1R2665JE5H0IQOI

Sven O. got ill? Maybe a press message "Sven O. Høiby is a pain in the ass and therefore not invited to the family pictures" would have sounded more plausible ;)
Well, I hope I´m not kidding about a serious thing, but since I can´t remember having him seen in the pics to Ingrid´s baptism, I assume this is an excuse

EmmieLou said:
I was away for the weekend so missed all of this until just now and I am very dissapointed in Mette-Marits outfit.

I know nobody who would wear all black to a christening, let alone the mother of the child.

I think the World of Mette-Marit but she just looks so dull and boring.

Maybe she is still carrying baby weight, but with her money she could have had access to a designer who could cut and outfit to suit her, she could have worn a darker colour, just not black!

I would have loved her to be in a baby blue colour, like the outfit posted of her in London.

I like Mary's outfit but not the headpiece, Maxima looks stunning but not the right colour for a christening.
Mette-Marit isn't wearing all black. She's wearing a black and white combonation.

Thanks for the link of Ingrid's episode with the candle. It was funny to see the other royals laugh as Ingrid attempts to blow out the candle.

the ceremony looks nice

i would agree with posts about 2 CP M-M and Maxima would not right for outfits clothing but i dont blame both what wanted it of black clothing like funerals! but need nice clothing as colour or whatever not as black outfits!

and i would agree with posts about Princess Martha-Louise's hats looks like as Willy Wonka i dont blame with Royals ladies's hats and outfits what really wanted it!

CP Mary looks nice of their outfits

i dont think CP Princess would have trashy clothing why you would blame for that! but i would like see any CP's clothes what really needs it!

and also HM Queen Sonja's outfits looks SO FAB and also hats hide by their faces i respect her what she wanted it

hahaha...i cldn't stop laughing over the IA battle wif the candles...it's so cute and funny!

Lena said:
My favourite scene was, when Ingrid tried to fix a candle, burnt herself a bit and as "revenge" she tried to blow the candles out. Judging the faces, I´m not the only one, who considers it as funny :D
Since NRK-stream buffers and stops a lot, I downloaded it and cut the little scene out:
http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KQTSK9PMPO1R2665JE5H0IQOI

The video clip is hilarious! Ingrid definitely gets points for persistence! She didn't just try to blow the candles out once or twice, but four times! :D Marius couldn't stop laughing!

I thought it was cute to see Mary, Victoria, Frederik and Kyril laughing in the front row, too!

Thanks for sharing it Lena!

Princess Mary

Did anyone notice Princess Mary of Denmark is wearing her "baby blue" brooch that Queen Margrethe gave her for the birth of little Christian?

Also, kudos for following the beat of her own fashion drummer (and dressing more warmly than she did for Christian's christening!).

As for Mette-Merit, if she doesn't want to play the "I'm a crown princess -- what shall I wear today?" game, then good for her. She strikes me as a very grounded and normal person.

Magnus was adorable when he was trying to eat his arm. The poor babe was probably hungry. I agree with some posters that Ingrid Alexandra could have been dressed up a little more with a bow or headband. She too ordinary.
Marius looked bored at times as he stared up the ceiling. All in all an adorable ceremony

Royals leaving the royal palace after the christening
Picture Press Europe

Attachments

• 06030601.jpg
    06030601.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 06030602.jpg
    06030602.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 336
  • 06030603.jpg
    06030603.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 06030604.jpg
    06030604.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 408
Top Royals Jet in for Sverre Magnus Christening
Norway's little Prince Sverre Magnus proved his parents Haakon and Mette-Marit weren't the only ones capable drawing a crowd when he was christened at the weekend. Leading royals from all over Europe jetted into Oslo to watch Queen Sonja carry her grandson to the altar of the royal palace on Saturday afternoon.......................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/06/sverremagnus/

I missed the whole christening so I'm grateful for all the pics here!! I guess I got distracted with the Oscars etc. and forgot about it. :eek:

I might be the only one here, but I like Märtha's hat!:D Okay, so the color combination could have been much better and I would have maybe used other types of ornaments on it but I really do like the shape of it! I've actually been looking for a 'mad hatter' type of hat for winter for years without any luck... :rolleyes:

It seems that the norwegian royal family is not too stiff about rituals since to me it seems like the kids were allowed to be kids even if it meant that they put on a little show of their own... :D Not to say that they were badly behaved!
I really cannot say yet if Sverre looks more like his mother or father since to me he looks like a combination. As for little Christian, it looks like he has Mary's ski slope nose... :p

I was hoping for more glamorous outfits. I do love the headpiece of Mette-Marit and the suit from Mary.

Back
Top Bottom