Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 4: June 2023 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of IA, quite interesting that the press held their breath to talk about her boyfriend right after she turned 18 while Christian just "got a fiancee" from the press when he's not even 18.

It might have something to do with the fact her boyfriend was of age while she was still a minor...

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
That'll be Margrethe, that's the only possible choice even if Christian already has a fiancee. [emoji3]
I doubt if the Queen could dance. But it could easily be his mother or his sister Isabella.
Of course he couldn't open the ball and dance with any girl not belonging to his family.
But i just recalled the film Sissy where the Emperor was expected to declare his engagement to Nene by opening the ball with her...but he chose Sissy..
But coming back to Christian.. i doubt that for his generation... dancing with a girl has the same meaning like in the previous generations.
Coming back to the supposed story with Maria-Chiara, Christian is extremely young to think about marrying.
From the other side I'm persuaded that Pcs Camilla would be more than glad to see her daughter Queen.

Last edited:
The fact that it is another royal will of course make the story bigger. It doesn't matter the Italian titles don't actually exist any more.

The Cinderella story have been over done. A prince actually marrying a princess is such a rare occasion, at least with one of the monarchies still having their throne/position. Tabloids imagining a big double royal wedding, no matter how ridiculous to imagine a 17 year old on the verge.

Exactly. Now the rule has become Royal + Commoner.

Let's go through the last 4-5 decades. The only Royal + Royal matches I could recall is Lichtenstein + Wittelsbach and Aosta + Greek Royal family. Only 2 in 45 years, the last one being more than 20 years ago. If I missed something please correct me.
Then a very few Royals +Aristocracy:
Prince Charles to lady Diana Spencer
Prince Philippe to Mathilde
Prince Guillaume of Luxemburg to Comptesse Stephanie de Lannoy.

Rare very rare.

So it became the modern fairy tale.. a royal with a royal. I remember how press was sure about the match of Prince Nikolaos of Greece to Princess Madeleine of Sweden.

Now Christian.. still no 18.. no studies yet.. no military.. no post studies... to marry ? I even see Frederic and Mary be opposite to this (indépendantly of who would be the bride)
Christian needs to complete his royal cursus and live his life.
I remember I read somewhere that one of the reasons of the failed marriage of Prince Joackim was the young age of the groom.. who was older than 18...
As for the girl...I think she should agree. Both girls seem so monitored like marionettes to execute the perfect role her mother wants...

The magazine ¡HOLA! confirms, according to close sources, that Prince Christian of Denmark and Princess Maria Chiara of Bourbon Two Sicilies have started a relationship.
Both families have agreed that they will not comment out of respect.
Some media have also come to point out that Maria Chiara would have met Queen Margarethe II, Christian's grandmother, and that they could have engaged, an important step that, second ¡HOLA!, they have not taken.
https://www.hola.com/actualidad/202...-borbon-dos-sicilias-pareja-sorpresa-realeza/

Last edited:
The magazine ¡HOLA! confirms, according to close sources, that Prince Christian of Denmark and Princess Maria Chiara of Bourbon Two Sicilies have started a relationship.
Both families have agreed that they will not comment out of "respect" and emphasize the great friendship that has united them for years.
Some media have also come to point out that Maria Chiara would have met Queen Margarethe II, Christian's grandmother, and that they could have engaged, an important step that, second ¡HOLA!, they have not taken.
https://www.hola.com/actualidad/202...-borbon-dos-sicilias-pareja-sorpresa-realeza/

Are ¡HOLA!'s "close sources" generally reliable in relation to stories like this? ("Starting a relationship", that is - I'm sure they are reliable when they say Christian is not engaged. ;)) If so, then it surprises me - not because Chiara belongs to a jetsetting ex-royal family, but because her parents and Prince Christian's parents are longtime friends (dating a family friend would be normal and even preferred for many older or non-European royals, but it seems to be rare among the later generations of European royalty) and because, as previously mentioned, Chiara and her mother have publicly posted about their friendship with him, presumably with his permission (whereas most of Christian's royal peers tend to avoid feeding speculation about whom they might be dating).

A trivial detail, but the Woman's Day article which was the source of the silly Daily Mail "engagement" article was already published in June, so it seems the Daily Mail and Hola both made the decision to wait until August to revive this gossip (perhaps to coincide with the coming of age celebration announcement?).

ETA:

When it comes to topics with which I am more familiar, my experience is that ¡HOLA! is generally reliable (and certainly more reliable than the Daily Mail). For example, unlike the Daily Mail, ¡HOLA! articles are not full of silly errors about royal families' histories.

But I have little idea of whether that extends to its reports about whom royals are dating, as I haven't read many articles on that subject.

Last edited:
Well, I cannot possible imagine an engagement, even in the case of a pregnancy. Not while Christian is a minor.
Won't happen.

We will see a lot, as in a lot more, of Christian and MC together before it's even a relationship, let alone a serious relationship.
If, repeat if, they have some sort of relationship it will have to last at least five years IMO before we can really talk about something officially serious.

Any idea what is MC doing? Studying ? Where ?
And any announcement about Christian's future steps? Studying ? Where ? Or military ?

And any announcement about Christian's future steps? Studying ? Where ? Or military ?

Princess Maria Chiara studied between Harvard and the Marangoni Institute.
Prince Christian also continues to study.

Christian is almost certainly going to sign up for volunteer conscription. (At present almost 100 % of all conscripts are volunteers, but it happens some are drafted, especially if they pick a very low number at the ballot.) That means boot camp, after which he is will go to NCO school, followed by the officers academy (unless of course he is totally unsuited for the military, but he seems healthy, fit and of sound mind) so when he is around 21-22 he will get an audience with QMII as a newly commissioned first lieutenant. After that he may spend an additional year or so in the military.
After that I imagine he will go for a gap year and travel somewhere. Australia springs to mind.
Then it's off to university. He may not study for a bachelor but attend a number of all-round courses suited for his needs and interests - and talents.
Political science, communication and history seem obvious to me. And no doubt something else as well.
He will have an advantage when he starts at university. He is likely to be a little older than average. He has completed a good leadership course with experience, which means he will be used to dealing with all sorts of people, used to having a responsibility and used to self-discipline.
Aarhus University seems obvious, because both Frederik and QMII studied there and have very fond memories of that place and it means that he won't be "moving home" again. - Once you have been a conscript, you are not moving back home.
I should be extremely surprised if Christian is not studying for several semesters at foreign universities. Again an Australian university seems obvious. (Not least after Nikolai has been there and hopefully has fond memories of that.) A top British and/or US university also seems obvious.
Had Joachim been crown prince, I'd say Sorbonne would be a very obvious choice as well.
And if things really should turn out to be serious between Christian and MC, perhaps an Italian university?

After this basic "future heir course" at university, he may opt for another gap or an extended travel somewhere, like Frederik did, before returning to the military and earning his third diamond and then first star, as captain and then major. By then he should be in his late twenties.

A few comments:

1.) I can laugh when I read "... she's been practicing her curtsies ..." Really? The girl has probably been curtsying all her life given her family's relationships with other members of european royalty.

2.) I suspect her mother is pushing most of these stories. I hope her mother realizes that if indeed there was to be a marriage in the very distance future -- her daughter needs to act more Mary-like and less aimless euro-trash-like.

3.) Could be just a very innocent young romance that, no doubt, the media will do their best to inflate and eventually ruin.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

A few comments:

1.) I can laugh when I read "... she's been practicing her curtsies ..." Really? The girl has probably been curtsying all her life given her family's relationships with other members of european royalty.

2.) I suspect her mother is pushing most of these stories. I hope her mother realizes that if indeed there was to be a marriage in the very distance future -- her daughter needs to act more Mary-like and less aimless euro-trash-like.

3.) Could be just a very innocent young romance that, no doubt, the media will do their best to inflate and eventually ruin.

Very well said!

A few comments:

Agree to all except to 2, slightly disagree. Yes her mother likes publicity. But not bad publicity. He has been always careful to build a very nice profile for the whole family. So I found her clever enough not to play with the Danish throne with trash publicity.
(..)
Both girls received and excellent education, home schooling and learning 6 languages. They start accompany their father to his role obligations and their mother to her charity action.
(..)

Respectfully, why "no doubt"? I doubt that one or two clickbait headlines on Dailymail.com, a foreign news site infamous for sensationalism, is in any way representative of the Danish media collectively. Do the Danish media have a reputation for inflating and ruining the romances of high-profile Danes?

I'll place my bets on that "royal insider" being either the mother of the alleged girlfriend or one of her friends.

I don't have sufficient knowledge to comment, but it was noticeable that whoever commented for the Woman's Day June 2023 article appears to have closely followed internet discussions about Charles and Camilla de Bourbon and their daughters. Their comments (quoted below) were almost a point-for-point rebuttal to the common criticisms of the Bourbon-Castro family, addressing their social media influencer and jetsetting activities ("well connected via her social media", "despite seeming to have a jet-set lifestyle"), the accusations that Camilla de Bourbon is pushing for or publicizing the relationship ("[Mary and Camilla are] doing their best not to interfere"), and the claims that Chiara de Bourbon would be considered unsuitable as a royal partner ("never had a whiff of scandal" and "Chiara's Italian heritage is an advantage with the royal family actively encouraging their children to marry non Danish people").

"Chiara ticks all the right boxes – she's funny, intelligent and very well connected via her social media. Of course, Mary would love to see him date someone like Chiara, who, despite seeming to have a jet-set lifestyle, has never had a whiff of scandal, nor has her older sister Carolina."

"Mary and Camilla couldn't be happier that the kids are hanging out, and they've been giggling together about the chance of the friendship blossoming into romance, if it hasn't already, but of course, they're doing their best not to interfere and let nature take its course," the source spills, adding that Chiara's Italian heritage is an advantage with the royal family actively encouraging their children to marry non Danish people.

A prince actually marrying a princess is such a rare occasion, at least with one of the monarchies still having their throne/position.

Exactly. Now the rule has become Royal + Commoner.

Princes marrying princesses remains the rule in most of the Gulf monarchies, doesn't it?

Christian is almost certainly going to sign up for volunteer conscription. (At present almost 100 % of all conscripts are volunteers, but it happens some are drafted, especially if they pick a very low number at the ballot.) That means boot camp, after which he is will go to NCO school, followed by the officers academy (unless of course he is totally unsuited for the military, but he seems healthy, fit and of sound mind) so when he is around 21-22 he will get an audience with QMII as a newly commissioned first lieutenant. After that he may spend an additional year or so in the military.
After that I imagine he will go for a gap year and travel somewhere. Australia springs to mind.
Then it's off to university. He may not study for a bachelor but attend a number of all-round courses suited for his needs and interests - and talents.
Political science, communication and history seem obvious to me. And no doubt something else as well.
He will have an advantage when he starts at university. He is likely to be a little older than average. He has completed a good leadership course with experience, which means he will be used to dealing with all sorts of people, used to having a responsibility and used to self-discipline.
Aarhus University seems obvious, because both Frederik and QMII studied there and have very fond memories of that place and it means that he won't be "moving home" again. - Once you have been a conscript, you are not moving back home.
I should be extremely surprised if Christian is not studying for several semesters at foreign universities. Again an Australian university seems obvious. (Not least after Nikolai has been there and hopefully has fond memories of that.) A top British and/or US university also seems obvious.
Had Joachim been crown prince, I'd say Sorbonne would be a very obvious choice as well.
And if things really should turn out to be serious between Christian and MC, perhaps an Italian university?

After this basic "future heir course" at university, he may opt for another gap or an extended travel somewhere, like Frederik did, before returning to the military and earning his third diamond and then first star, as captain and then major. By then he should be in his late twenties.

Is it normal for conscription to last for 3-4 years, or are there higher expectations for Christian as the future head of state?

Princes marrying princesses remains the rule in most of the Gulf monarchies, doesn't it?

Is it normal for conscription to last for 3-4 years, or are there higher expectations for Christian as the future head of state?

Boot camp.
NCO school.
Officers academy.
- That'll take a while.

Insulting comments and replies to them have been removed. Please stay respectful towards the people you discuss!

Maybe, i don't know. But now we are talking about European Royals not the Gulf ones.

As for the Gulf families... I think the rule for Ruler is to marry the first cousin... which of course is royal also. Of course for the first wife.

Agree to all except to 2, slightly disagree. Yes her mother likes publicity. But not bad publicity. He has been always careful to build a very nice profile for the whole family. So I found her clever enough not to play with the Danish throne with trash publicity.
(..)
Both girls received and excellent education, home schooling and learning 6 languages. They start accompany their father to his role obligations and their mother to her charity action.
(..)

Exactly. No one knows how this relationship will evolve. Christian and Maria Chiara are still very young and have a lot to live for. It will certainly still have to be at least a decade before Christian's wedding.
If this relationship goes well and they marry in the future, I would say that Maria Chiara may be the right person to marry Prince Christian, because she seems intelligent, has charisma, has known royalty forever, certainly does not mind joining a reigning royal family with all that entails, and belongs to a non-reigning royal family which these days can make a difference in relation to the Christian's congeners who must marry commoners and thus makes the Danish monarchy into something unique in Europe at this time and can be positive and make the monarchy even more popular.

Princess Josephine begins at new school

HRH Princess Josephine starts in Year 6 at Kildegård Privatskole in the new school year. The Princess will begin at her new school in the coming week and looks forward to the further schooling.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-princess-josephine-begins-at-new-school

Okay!

Wonder why she is changing to another school?

Off hand I can think of a number of reasons, but I guess we won't really know for at least 5-10 years.

That Woman's Day article... good grief. Time for Mary and Frederik to rein their good friends Camilla and Charles in, methinks :rolleyes:

Yup! A thousand time Yes!

In fairness to the Crown Prince Couple's friends, the anonymous source who made those comments in that Woman's Day article is described as "Danish", which would seem to rule out Camilla and Charles.

Both families have agreed that they will not comment out of respect.

The same ¡HOLA! article quotes an interview with Maria Chiara from January in which she stated she did not care whether her "Prince Charming" (the interviewer's words, not hers) had a title or not, because daughters of nobility are no longer obligated to marry princes. If she was already dating a prince by that time, I wonder if she made that remark to repudiate the speculations about her mother which she knew would arise after the story became public.

Last edited:
Surprising with a change of school for Josephine. Second of the kids to leave Tranegårdsskolen before time.

Although I'm not sure there's much else behind it than Kildegård expanding their intake of students from Year 6 and onwards and Josephine perhaps uniting with some non-Tranegårdsskolen friends there. Makes me think she probably would've joined Isabella at Herlufsholm (who begin intake of students from Year 6) this year if not for last year's revelations.

:previous: And these "Danish" "anonymous sources" could just as well be articles in the Danish press, simply reporting that Christian was seen with MC.
A Womens Day reporter may simply have called a reporter in DK, and vupti, you have an "anonymous source."

:previous:

They went to the same kindergarten and the same school, but not the same class.

As per usual the so-called press release leaves alot to be desired. Hard to believe that Mary with her background in advertising does not cringe at these inept announcements.

I think the press release was fine. In dealing with kids and their schooling, some details should remain private idk.
Wishing Josephine the best in her new adventure.

Last edited:
Well, the credibility of DM is, to put it mildly, a little low.

There are Nigerian princesses who needs me to transfer $ 10.000 to their bank accounts that I find more believable.

It won't be the last time DM will write about Christian being the center of a "love scandal."

Once again I'm happy that no one will bother writing about me or my children.

Hola's run the same story, and so has the Tatler.

It's just the media looking for a story. Christian is 17. He won't be getting engaged to anyone for a long time yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom