Counts Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Countess Athena, News Part 1: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Send him to Belgium!

Or the Netherlands? Spain?

Good for him.

Nikolai seems to have made a home run with his Benedikte pretty early in his life. Some people are fortunate to find their true love very early and stay together. Benedikte seems to be a sensible and bright girl and her family behaves sensible as well (they are Jutlanders, so no surprise there... :D ).

Wait until an engagement is announced Muhler. Would Jutland be able to contain itself then!

Btw, I’m glad to see that Nikolai looks to be settling down in his new home. Sydney is a young person’s city, plenty to do and see, especially in the summer months. Still winter here at the moment, but we will probably be seeing more of the young couple in the months to come.

Sorry that Nikolai had to witness Denmark’s loss to Aus last night, but I’m glad we won!

:previous: Oh, don't worry about that.
No one are as modest and self-effacing as Jutlanders. ?

I read just a few minutes ago that there was (good natured) bashing of Mary in the Australian press for her supporting the Danish team, rather than the Australian.
Funnily enough in the Danish press it was interpreted as Mary supporting the Danish team but also subtle supporting the Australian team.

But lets contend ourselves by stating that no matter what the outcome was, the team Mary supported won. ;)

I wonder if Nikolai has expected being followed around in Australia that much, or if he’s rather surprised.. He and Benedikte were photographed at a university bar:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...enedikte-Thoustrup-university-bar-Sydney.html

Well he and his partner have had the chance to already experience a range of Sydney conditions … photos from Thursday and it’s now Monday afternoon here …

Currently grey and raining, no wind, not cold.

Previous days have been a bit stinky in the mornings with burn-off smoke.

And some have been great, warm/hot sun, but the air still cold.

Whale-watching season here too, just outside the heads as the they migrate along the coast. Some years one will come into the Harbour to take a break from it all.

But the young couple could pop down to the Opera House as that seal who makes a home on the steps there may be back again for the season.

Hope they get to see a few other places while they are here, even if they have study commitments.

Nikolai, while studying for a semester in Australia, attended the Denmark vs Australia game and got to meet the team

A bit late but words can't explain how much I respect Nikolai for attending this game.

While his sports-fixated uncle has no trouble supporting their male equivalents at irrelevant test games, this national team has to play themselves into finals before Frederik feels obligated to go see them play.

Meanwhile Nikolai went because he's Danish and the Danish NT was playing in the town he now lives in. A good egg, that one!

Also worth noting that he and Benedikte are both wearing the women's NT jersey :D

Well yeah, great that Nikolai shows support. He is lucky that he was in the right place at the right time.
It's quiet disappointing how the majority of the royals have ignored the Women's world Cup.

How long are they going to stay in Australia?

It is indeed a very trendy area. No typical student accommodation there at all. The main thing I know about Darlinghurst is that one of Sydney’s main thoroughfares runs straight through it. And that is Oxford St, which is home to many gay businesses and bars and clubs. It’s where Mardi Gras happens each year. On the other hand a central Hyde Park is quite near, if you fancy a quiet walk in the sun. Lots and lots of little bars and restaurants in Darlinghurst. Nikolai and girlfriend need never cook or mix a drink at home!

It has been confirmed where Nikolai and his sweetheart is going to live in Sydney.
In the area of Darlinghurst.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/endeligt-f...kal-grev-nikolai-og-kaeresten-bo-i-australien
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...rev-nikolai-sammen-med-sin-kaereste-benedikte

It's supposed to be a trendy neighborhood, but perhaps our Australian members can elaborate? ?

That Instagram photo was taken in Forbes St Muhler, the section between Mont Clair Lane and Burton St.

The tower block just visible in the background, through the trees, is the Elan … known as The Stack of Pancakes because that is how it looks.

Many Oz/Sydney celebs have lived there, in the Elan, over the years since it first went up.

Nikolai and his partner may be living in this building as it would be more secure than an old Federation style terrace house like the ones in the photo. Better views and amenities too of course, and the rental costs wouldn’t be an issue.

Not that the Elan is problem free.

I can’t remember details, but it used to be in the real-estate gossip news … property is a big status thing in Sydney … quite a bit at times.

I don’t think the balconies are that private from each other. And no big buildings around it to shield you from the wind.

Great views of course, great location and the young couple would find it a big difference to wherever they lived back in Denmark.

Easy access to everything - Harbour, beaches, the city, Botanical Gardens, Kings Cross, though that has apparently died, the nightlife there, due to changes in the licensing laws a few years back due to one punch deaths in the streets there and is now a more sedate area.

And it will soon be spring. The jacarandas will be out before they leave, late spring, making everything look like it is in a purple haze and be full of young people dressed-up getting photos for their Instagram.

:previous: :flowers::flowers: Both of you.

Well, I think there is a real chance Nikolai and Benedikte will like it there and know knows? Stay or return to stay?
I can envision Nikolai living (and dressing) the life of a bohemian. He may end up taking over for his late grandpapa.

I’m sure his Aunt Mary may have offered some advise on where to live and where to go while in Australia!

I’m sure his Aunt Mary may have offered some advice on where to live and where to go while in Australia!

Well, I think there is a real chance Nikolai and Benedikte will like it there and know knows? Stay or return to stay?
I can envision Nikolai living (and dressing) the life of a bohemian. He may end up taking over for his late grandpapa.

Australia is one of the best countries in the world to live (in my subjective point of view as a non-European). But Nikolai's social and professional network seems to be elsewhere, so I find it difficult to imagine him giving that up to resettle in Australia permanently. On top of that, I don't personally see Australia as a good choice for someone who seeks a "Bohemian life". I know some Europeans for example who were Bohemian and did not adjust well to life in Australia.

Professionally it would actually be easier for him to move to the US like the Sussexes, but I don't think he is interested in doing that either.

Last edited:
More birthday photos shared by Count Nikolai on Instagram. The photos were taken in Byron Bay, Australia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwfS3B6JI0h/

Looks like Nikolai scored an Aussie t-shirt for one of his presents Blog Real … with a map of Oz in Vegemite jars.

A jar of Vegemite is on the breakfast table.

An acquired taste, salty, made from yeast extract.

Best on buttered toast, spread thin. I think you have to grow up with it to like it.

Daily Mail has more photos …

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...y-beers-Byron-Bay-bikini-clad-girlfriend.html

Last edited:
Nice to see Nikolai enjoying Byron Bay, and his time in Australia.

Seems he is enjoying his studies and new friends down there.

Count Felix's attendance at the premiere of the Netflix film "Ehrengard" next week is already discussed at the family's current events thread and should not be discussed here as well. Reposts have been removed.

Will Nikolai and Benedikte stay in Australia during Australian summer?

It was reported Nikolai is there for a semester of school. Unless his school extends that, he should be back in Denmark for the next semester.

I for some time have been imagining Nikolai and Benedikte traveling to Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park - and they both would be watching the monolith bathed in sunrise, Nikolai will pull out the ring, kneel down and pop the question to Benedikte....

Back
Top Bottom