CP Mary as Patron of The Christmas Seal Foundation (Julemærkefonden): 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the photos
Mary looks lovely, nice jacket
I like the design of the seals this year.

Here's the ppe gallery :

26-10-2009 Crown Princess Mary at the presentation of the
Christmas Seal 2009 in Tivoli in Copenhagen, Denmark.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

All the pictures are beautiful. :flowers:
I agree an interesting place to hold the event. :)
Mary looked beautiful.

First pics from this year's event:

Crown Princess Mary at the presentation of this years Christmas Seal - an
organisation that helps children with weight problems - October 25, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** nyhederne.tv2.dk video: Mary gav julemærkepige en krammer **

** politiken.dk: Kronprinsesse Mary krammer julemærkepige **

Great gallery from bt.dk:

** Saa gravid er Mary nu **

Purepeople:

** Mary de Danemark dévoilait, le 25 octobre 2010 à Copenhague, le Christmas Seal 2010, timbre... **

Last edited:
the seals are very beautiful, Mary looks radiant. This is a very special cause , so many children here in the US stuggle with obesity and the other end, anorexia so it is so important. Thanks for the pics.

25-10-2010 Stamps Crown Princess Mary at the presentation of this years Christmas Seal - an organisation who helps children with weight problems.
PPE Agency

the seals are very beautiful, Mary looks radiant. This is a very special cause , so many children here in the US stuggle with obesity and the other end, anorexia so it is so important. Thanks for the pics.

Indeed.
The purpose of the Christmas Seal Homes is that obese children stay for a period there, being fed diet food, learning about how to prepare a good, healthy and tasty meal, while still being on a diet. They exercize and are taught basic excerzises thay can continue with when they come home, from the principle that any excersize is better than none.
The idea is to change the children's lives and to show them alternatives and to seed new habits. - Because it's difficult enough as it is to be on a rehab from what basically is a calorie-addiction.
At the homes they are with other obese children, they can encourage each other and sometimes form genuine friendships, which again helps them in the future.
Beforehand when there was only "the fat boy/girl in the class", the problem was also bullying and very much the feeling of being outside. At the homes the children realised that they were not alone. There were other fat boys/girls like them, who had also been bullied and wh also had a low self-esteem. At these homes they found a sanctuary.

One of the girls, Sarah, (I'd say she's fifteen or sixteen) said in her speech: "I've gained more self-confidence and many new habits and my greatest experience is to stand here in Copenhagen today and sing for you (informal you), Crown Princess Mary".
- That basically sums it up, right?

I really like the Christmas seals this year. I should be very mistaken if Mrs Muhler doesn't buy some for the Christmas cards she writes. I don't, because no one can read my handwriting! :whistling:

Oh and poor me was so hoping to finally receive a card from you, Muhler :D

No Sussie and Ingolf present this time?

Oh and poor me was so hoping to finally receive a card from you, Muhler :D

No Sussie and Ingolf present this time?

Oh you can have a card, Strenchen.
I can always draw matchstick figures on it. That would be more intelligable than my handwriting. ;)

It's great seeing how things are related to a good cause and that something is being done about it.
Mary looked really relaxed at this event. Weird outfit but love the coat.
Thank you for all the pictures.

I always thought October was abit early for a Christmas Stamp reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought October was abit early for a Christmas Stamp reveal.
In only a few weeks there will be deadlines for sending Christmas mail to Greenland and certain other parts of the world if receipt before Christmas is to be guaranteed so that may be a contributing factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a deadline for sending mail?

There is a deadline for sending mail?

Yes, because of the Christmas cards there is an increased amount of mail in the post, so in order to be sure that the Christmas cards will reach the recipients before Christmas, there is a deadline.

Wow, I didn't know that. Suppose that's quite pragmatic. Thank You.

Wow, I didn't know that. Suppose that's quite pragmatic. Thank You.
You can see a table of dates for Greenland here for example http://www.postdanmark.dk/cms/da-dk/files/tidsfrister_groenland_faeroeerne.pdf - as you can see certain parts of Greenland have really early dates. For Narsarsuaq it was already on Oct. 18, a lot of other Greenlandic places have deadlines early in November depending on their location and whether posts and parcels are delivered by airplane or ship. So the Christmas seal has to be revealed early :flowers:

Yes, because of the Christmas cards there is an increased amount of mail in the post, so in order to be sure that the Christmas cards will reach the recipients before Christmas, there is a deadline.

I think it's somewhat of an anachronism. The main reason - today - is to garner some attention towards sending christmas greetings, accumulating more profit for the postal service, more than a logistical issue. There are so many planes etc. going around the world, that it's hardly an issue anymore. Sure, if you got family near Thule Airbase - but that hardly merits nationwide news-bulletins.

I think it's somewhat of an anachronism. The main reason - today - is to garner some attention towards sending christmas greetings, accumulating more profit for the postal service, more than a logistical issue. There are so many planes etc. going around the world, that it's hardly an issue anymore. Sure, if you got family near Thule Airbase - but that hardly merits nationwide news-bulletins.

You may be right! :ermm:
Then Post Danmark. what used to be the Royal Danish Mail Service, is an anacronism in itself.
Certainly in the way the service is managed! It appears they belive they still live in an age where the postal service was alone on the market.
Hmm, the amount of mail is dropping. What to do?
Got it! Reduce the number of post offices, cut the days the post is delivered by one day (actually two as one day is dedicated to delivering advertising material rather than regular mail), increase the postage and make sure more parcels disappear.
- There fixed it. Now the costumers will surely send more mail. :whistling:

Does anyone know where the necklace Mary wore yesterday is from???? I love it

You may be right! :ermm:
Then Post Danmark. what used to be the Royal Danish Mail Service, is an anacronism in itself.
Certainly in the way the service is managed! It appears they belive they still live in an age where the postal service was alone on the market.
Hmm, the amount of mail is dropping. What to do?
Got it! Reduce the number of post offices, cut the days the post is delivered by one day (actually two as one day is dedicated to delivering advertising material rather than regular mail), increase the postage and make sure more parcels disappear.
- There fixed it. Now the costumers will surely send more mail. :whistling:

First of all Post Denmark does not profit on the sales of the christmas seal. Quit the opposit. Secondly with the amount of mail dropping as fast as it does, there is only one thing to do, and that is to cut back on costs. That is not bad management. Quit the opposit :flowers:

First of all Post Denmark does not profit on the sales of the christmas seal. Quit the opposit. Secondly with the amount of mail dropping as fast as it does, there is only one thing to do, and that is to cut back on costs. That is not bad management. Quit the opposit :flowers:

They have to, now.
Privatisation of what was then Danish Royal Mail, just as the privatisation of the railroads (DSB) was a major mistake in my opinion.
An efficient infrastructure, mail and public transport being part of that, is expensive but essential. Mail service is not supposed to create a surplus, it's supposed to enable others to create a surplus - who then pay taxes to cover the expenses for the state.
Less than ten years ago we could fully expect a letter to be delivered the day after it was posted. (Sundays excepted). That's no longer the case. And it's become much more expensive to post a letter.
I'm old enough to remember when trains on time was not a joke. - As a Dane, you do of course know Olsen Banden På Sporet. It wasn't that satirical in my childhood.

If a business annoy their costumers by increasing the costs and cutting down on the service, it's not a sound policy in the long run, it's a death struggle. And that's what the postal service is doing now.

I know for sure, that some of the postcards, that I sent last time I was in CPH, never reached their goal :( And the postcard that I sent in Denmark (not abroad) took 3-4 days.

Launching of the year's Christmas Seal
Monday 31 October 2011, 3:00pm
HRH The Crown Princess participates in the Christmas Seal Foundation's press meeting in connection with the launch of this year's Christmas Seal, at Copenhagen Town Hall.
BILLEDSERIE: Kronprinsessen og Cremekongen på mærkerne - dr.dk/Nyheder/Billedserier

Thanks, Florencia :flowers:
The man, Mary is seen greeting with a big smile, is Ole Henriksen. He has become a household name here in DK over the recent years.
He currently lives in California with his man. Ole Henriksen established his own brand of skin creams and Mary is one the users of his products.

There is a little twist in their relationship however. You see Ole Henriksen was used to dealing with Hollywood celebs and he initially mentioned Mary in the same line as other of his celeb users. And using a royal as advertising is a big no-no! So he was put on ice by the court on the spot.
Apparantly he apologized and after a period he (and his products) are inside in the warmth again.
- I have a translation of that story in my archive in case anyone should be interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom