Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magazine time!

In the latest edition of Billed Bladet, the author notes how Prince Christian is slowly being introduced to the world of horses, "Christian calm and calmly introduce[d] to for instance the pony at a quietly and cautions moderation."

Apparently, Frederik doesn't have good memories when he was first introduced to horses, "Frederik has a long way from they good memories about his first appointment by horse of its kind childhood." Today, however, Frederik allegedly has "conquered the childhood fear" and is now a "capable rider."

According to the journalist, many thanks should be given to Mary who is a confident and strong rider and because of this Christian should be more confident with horses (or something along those lines.) In the end, it is "...very important [to the Crown Prince couple] that their son is relaxed and artless when around as well as riding horses."

There's more to the article, but it's a bunch of fluff and hogwash. To see the latest photos of Mary, Christian, and Frederik at the stables in Gråsten please click here.

Bigger and better close-ups photos of Mary and Frederik riding at Gråsten from another one of my favorite Dutch blogs, Troonopvolgers.

On this week's cover (with a photo of the couple looking irritated and distant towards each other) of Her og Nu, the journalists are questioning Mary and Frederik's spending habits noting that, "The friends paying the feast Crown Prince couple's latest rsregnskab treats food for thought... the business about Frederik and Marys consumption..." Also, the cover notes something about 15 million Kroner and that it is not enough for the couple since they believe their friends are paying for everything (the authors believe the couple are mooching off their friends who are far wealthier) and receiving free vacation trips (eluding to their Croatian holiday, I believe.) Read and look at the cover article you're bored.

Finally,Se og Hor, has nothing new to report. Yet. They are still extremely fascinated by the naked prostitute posing, rather straddling, on the Danish throne and in other places within the palace.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to know that he starting in so young age. I hope he will be good horse-rider in the near future.

Btw when Mary start riding?

Last edited:
Thank you, Glittering Tiaras, for your good and current input, especially today for the translation of the article in Billed Bladet. I tried to tramnslate it with the 3rd and largest of my Danish dictionaries with much frustration and a lot of laughs when I discovered my mistakes.

Currier,
I would love to have read it anyway!:lol:

...If Womans Day and other similar tabloids had their way, everyone would be an someones enemy.

I know!! No one would be talking to anyone! They would all be living in seperate castles!! :lol:

Thanks for all the pics and info GlitteringTiaras you do a great job! :wub:

Australian, Trinny I agree with of you about Woman's Day. It's so bad, the only thing I do when I read it laugh. :lol:

Danish crownprince Frederik and crownprincess Mary at Legoland amusementpark with their children 3 year old Christian and 4 month old Isabella.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Thanks for the pics. I do love their combination: Fred is such a normal down to earth guy enjoying family life. Mary is more looking for the attention of the cameras but it suits them. She has something regal about her and is able to give that bit of glamour a royal couple needs. If Mary was too low key they'd be a boring couple :rolleyes: so she is exactly what he needs. Can't wait to see them back on duty ;)

Princess effect beefs up pork sales

Crown Princess Mary is giving Danish pork a marketing boost in Australia, where industry sales have more than doubled over the past year.
In the first three months of 2007, Australia imported DKK 292 million worth of pork from Denmark, compared with DKK 125 million in 2006. The total Danish pork export ‘Down Under’ last year totalled DKK 594 million, but at the current pace 2007 sales will reach nearly DKK 1 billion

The Copenhagen Post

Thank you for the pictures! Christian is the most adorable little, he's serious even on the playground. He seems distracted by the cameras looking at him. I can't get enough of this little guy, he's SO cute!

They are a beautiful family. Lovely photos, and lovely to see!!!!

Christian looked so adorable! Is this the same park they went to when Princess Alexia was up there about a year ago with her kids?

Wonderful pics of the family, great pics for their own picture book at home as
to the wonderful colours and sunshiny day.
Christian is so cute and he seems to have enjoýed the day a lot, not long and his little sister will join him :wub:
Thank you for posting!

Such a sweet family. Christian is absolutely precious, I love his chubby cheeks. I think that Alexandra of Berleberg and Richard and Ingrid were there too, weren't they?

thanks for all the wonderful pics. they seem to be such a happy "normal" family and i love seeing them out having fun, not just walking, waving, getting in a car. lilleprinc is the cutest little man in his jean and tennis shoes with his sweater and shirt on just like his dad. i could just eat him up with butter on toast, he's so sweet.

This are great pictures, but I can't help thinking that Christian is too serious for a child his age. I have rarely seen him smile, he seems to be "blank" and I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just that he doesn't show excitement, or even fear when he is going down the slide. We have some other royal children who smile and seem to enjoy themselves. Also, it was weird how he just sat still during the baptism. Most children get restless, specially at his age. Anyhow, he is a cute child and the pictures are great.

Danish crownprince Frederik and crownprincess Mary at Legoland amusementpark with their children 3 year old Christian and 4 month old Isabella.

I thought little Cristian was turning 2 in october like Leonor. He's not 3 is he?? Too bad we didn't get to see little Isabella, at least I didn't find a picture of her. Cute pictures of Cristian though, he's so sweet :)

I thought little Cristian was turning 2 in october like Leonor. He's not 3 is he?? Too bad we didn't get to see little Isabella, at least I didn't find a picture of her. Cute pictures of Cristian though, he's so sweet :)

You're correct, Christian will be 2 in October. He's quite big for his age, though!:wub:

Now that Se og Hor has finally ended their obsession with the prostitute who broke into the Palace, they have a new article and photos from TV2 (close-up and better photos can been seen at Troonopvolgers (a big thank you to them for their endless work at maintaining such a great blog) discussing the family's trip to Legoland.

The author notes, that the day was perfect (all sunshine and daisies) for the family outing to Legoland. Arriving together with Christian and Isabella, the family had taken a holiday from "...'pukkelryggede' at the castle' to bolt themselves by isr Christian to the spot Duploland. Blocks that junior recognized udmrket at home from brnevrelset", he told Mary. Apparently, Christian loves Lego blocks and that he loves to pile them up.

Also at Legoland, were the Crown Prince's cousin Alexandra and her son. Isabella was in her pram most of the time and everyone had a great time together.

MAGAZINE ARTICLE #2
Se og Hor are also reporting about Mary and Frederik's second time riding together here.

The article notes how Mary, once again, is a "...capable rider..." while Frederik is simply enjoying himself. The author then expoldes with this romantic notion that the DRF are pleased to be around nature. Specifically stating that for the couple it is a "romantic" thing.

To conclude this article the journalist notes that during this romance ride at Gråsten, the journalist notes that "...while nanny watches after the kids."

To see photos from the article please see post #10 on page one, or click the link above if you don't feel like viewing seven new photos of the couple out riding.

Really adorable pics.

the pictures of the family at legoland were great to go through, thanks for posting paty. In some of the pictures, there was a taller older women, isnt she part of the royal family, i remember seeing her from pictures of isabella's christening.
It was great to see Frederik out and about along with Mary & Christian because we dont always get to see him with the whole familyhttp://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x41/dazling85/is_147538791.jpg

This are great pictures, but I can't help thinking that Christian is too serious for a child his age. I have rarely seen him smile, he seems to be "blank" and I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just that he doesn't show excitement, or even fear when he is going down the slide. We have some other royal children who smile and seem to enjoy themselves. Also, it was weird how he just sat still during the baptism. Most children get restless, specially at his age. Anyhow, he is a cute child and the pictures are great.

I agree. Christian is too serious, maybe he's shy .. but he is lovely:flowers:

Just leave him be. Christian might be more outgoing in his playgroup at the daycare center. Children have different temperaments and characters, besides, things change, see Leonor. First people thought she's too serious, but since she ran around at the baptism people thought she's too wild and has to be disciplined. They are both lovely and seem to be happy and balanced children with caring parents and a beautiful baby sister :flowers:

I don't think Christian is blank at all, on the contrary. He seems quite aware of his surroundings and knows when he's being watched. He has a serious look because he's trying to understand what's happening, he seems very curious as well.

His seriousness gives me the impression that he's quite a charming and thoughtful little boy. If you noticed, in the pictures of him at the beach, he’s having a grand old time running around because the camera is not in his face.

I don't think it's weird that he stayed still during his sister's christening. He's an individual so that makes him unique.:angel:

Last edited:
Thanks to all that posted those wonderful pictures!
It's great to see them out and about like a normal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom