Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 13

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the 19th of October Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde will visit an art exhibition in The Hague (The Netherlands) together with Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima.

It will be nice to see them together again.

That's great news, kristinvu! I will be looking forward to that event. I might even consider going there, normally thursday is my day off at work...:flowers:

Does Princess Mathilde have any public engagements prior to the 19th October?

yes:

She visit with her husband and princess maxima and prince Willem alexander the 'maurtitshuis' in den Hague in the Netherlands

which is on the 19th of october!

But yes Princess mathilde has one other engagement :

on the 6th of october she will be at a conference in Brussels about Microfinance

kristinvu said:
which is on the 19th of october!

But yes Princess mathilde has one other engagement :

on the 6th of october she will be at a conference in Brussels about Microfinance

Does anybody know when the year of microfinance of the UN has ended? I hope both Maxima as Mathilde will continue their ambassadorship as they are doing a great job and seem very dedicated to it IMO.

I'm looking forward to seeing her again! And I agree, I also hope they both will continue their ambassadorship for microfinance.

Marengo said:
Does anybody know when the year of microfinance of the UN has ended? I hope both Maxima as Mathilde will continue their ambassadorship as they are doing a great job and seem very dedicated to it IMO.
The UN proclaimed the year 2005 as “Year of Microcredit”. So the main activities took place in 2005. The final report has been published this spring.
I guess you remember that Maxima accepted another finance related UN “job” ;) And Mathilde is UNAIDS/UNICEF special representative for Children and AIDS and still promotes microcredits as an effective development instrument too. So both are continuing their great work.

Princess Mathilde and Queen Fabiola paid a private visit to the Royal Museum for Art and History today. They admired the collection of Dora and Paul Janssen. The Janssen’s collected precolumbian art and their collection will now remain in Belgium since Dora Janssen reached an agreement with the Flemish government about the inheritance tax today. Mathilde and Fabiola have been guided through the exhibition by Dora Janssen herself.
To catch a glimpse follow this link and go to Vrijdag 29/09, 19u the clip starts at 21:30 min running time.

johann said:
The UN proclaimed the year 2005 as “Year of Microcredit”. So the main activities took place in 2005. The final report has been published this spring.
I guess you remember that Maxima accepted another finance related UN “job” ;) And Mathilde is UNAIDS/UNICEF special representative for Children and AIDS and still promotes microcredits as an effective development instrument too. So both are continuing their great work.

Thanks for informing me Johann. I actually forgot! But great to hear they are continuing their work.

-

Great link to Mathilde & Fabiola btw!

Johann - you are so on top of everything - first the Luxemborg wedding and now the update here. I am glad you clarified the activities of M & M because I, too, was under the impression their UN work was continuing, except I thought both were still involved with microfinance, so was wrong.

I also appreciate the TV link showing Mathilde and Fabiola. I miss seeing the Crown Princely Belgian family of late - any ideas on why they are not out in public more?

Prince Philippe inspected the company ALFACAM - EURO1080 in Lint today. Alfacam provides TV-facilities and services to broad-casters and production houses. As a participant of Belgium’s open enterprise day Alfacam invited the public to have a closer look inside. Philippe was accompanied by his new advisor Boudewijn Dereymaeker (former Belgian ambassador in Zimbabwe). He even took some extra time and elongated his visit.
A small TV clip can be found here.
Credit: BELGA PHOTO/BENOIT DOPPAGNE

Emily said:
I miss seeing the Crown Princely Belgian family of late - any ideas on why they are not out in public more?
I don´t know. The official agenda reflects only a part of their work and there are some unofficial activities out of the public eye.
And both, Mathilde and Philippe, got a new advisor – so maybe they took a “training” period.

BTW I stumbled across some pics of Trooping the Colours in Bruges some weeks ago. (picturedesk)

2ihtgjl.jpg
2gw9oaw.jpg
2qvd05x.jpg

498bvqa.jpg
2gww4ux.jpg
4bz2zr6.jpg

Last edited:
I bet Prince Phillip is an entertaining guest with his reputation for quips!

How are the Duke of Brabant and the Duke of Edinbrough related

Thanks Johann, I never knew that the Duke of Edinburgh went to Bruges, nice to see pictures of the event :)

-

To Royal Fan: The Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke of Brabant are only very distantly related, both are descendants from King Christian VIII of Denmark.

Christian VIII -> George I of Greece -> Andrew of Greece -> Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Christian VIII -> King Frederik VIII of Denmark -> Pss Ingeborg of Sweden-> Astrid of Belgium -> King Albert II -> Phillipe, Duke of Brabant.

Economic mission to Canada, Nov. 5-10

Prince Philippe chairs an Economic mission to Canada. The mission begins on November 5th and will stop in Toronto, Ottawa and Montréal. Princess Mathilde will not accompany her husband this time round. (Source: monarchie.be)

Last edited:
what happened to mathilde....

how is it she si not going with philippe. i think her presence is a charming 'point' towards the economic mission. probably she wants to stay with the kids, and is busy on her own.

It is a pitty. They form one equipe formidable!!!!!

Johann, may be I'm wrong, but in your thread 42 the prince of Brabant's shots show us Philppe de Belgique with an very unformal look for an official act! As many young buiseness man is he adopted the "casual" attitud to work?

adelaide said:
Johann, may be I'm wrong, but in your thread 42 the prince of Brabant's shots show us Philppe de Belgique with an very unformal look for an official act! As many young buiseness man is he adopted the "casual" attitud to work?
I don’t think so. We rarely see Philippe without a tie, so you don’t have to be concerned. ;)
The open enterprise day is an informal event. More than 1 million curious Belgians had a look inside factories and companies, almost everyone was in casual clothes – so Philippe opted for a less official outfit too and surely wasn’t underdressed.

Last edited:
I absolutely love Mathilda's brown suit, very flattering and very hip! Also, I must say that I like Phillipe's "casual" turtleneck outfit. It is very becoming on him and doesn't make him look so "stuffy", very approachable. Bravo to the both of them!

New family pics!!! (Belga) They have been taken yesterday in the parc of Laeken to mark Emmanuel´s first birthday.

And the birthday boy

Last edited:
Happy birthday Emmanuel!!!!

No foto without watermarks?

Wow...I am amazed by all three children's skin--it's so smooth looking and flawless!

Yes, are there any pictures without watermarks?

Wonderful pics! princess Elisabeth is really very pretty! :flowers:
I hope, there are more pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom