Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: February 2003 - February 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the two colours seperately are beautiful, but I am not crazy about the combination of the colours together. I think they are both vibrant, bright colours that compliment Mathilde's pale colouring very well. But togther they are a bit bright on the eyes.

She was on the right line however with the choice of outfits and the similar fabrics, and if you look closely enough, the skirt has a touch of the pink to it, but paired with the pink jacket top, it is too much.

i am simply a fan of colours. i think todays fashion of wearing black all the time is tremendiously dull and ugly...there are very few exceptions.

i think she did well by chosing those colours, particularely in the context of the evening. pink and orange seem to be common juxtapositions in middle eastern and north african fashion: she simply mingled nicely with the princess of marocco and Farah Diba. it was a clever move. it shows cultural sensitivity and respect, i like that, especially while celebrating within one of europes most history-loaded, "absolute", locations.

post-40-1071016658.jpg

yellow and yellow with mathilde wearing a colour that is partly apparent in salmas robe: no coincidence.

i am convinced that the major protagonists of such a festivity are informed beforehand of what colours will be present at the occasion so that an official picture can be looked at without forcing the spectator to close ones eyes due to a clash of lets say a strong pink and bright red. all royal events seem to be wellstaged, as far as colours are concerned. todays nobel ceremony in sweden is an other good example for this: silvia in pink that is softened by victorias water colours. madeleine and lilian both in biege even the whole composition out; very effectively, i think.

A few more pics from the 11th International Childhood Night at Versailles. Btw, I think Mathilde's outfit looks very regal and elegant!!

HRH Princess Mathilde of Belgium and HRH Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco.

Mathilde and Lalla Salma

GETTY IMAGES - AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS: Belgium's Prince Philippe and his wife Princess Mathilde at the opening of the Living Tomorrow exhibition in Amsterdam, 11 December 2003. Part of the exhibition is a house of the future, fitted with gadgets such as a bathroom mirror which gives you the latest headlines and a thinking oven and washing machine.

Polfoto 11-12-2003-AMSTERDAM: Belgian Crown Prince Phillippe and his wife Crown Princess Mathilde during the opening of the house of the future called "Living Tomorrow." The house is equipped with several high-tech gadgets.

Polfoto 11-12-2003-AMSTERDAM: Belgian Crown Prince Phillippe and his wife Crown Princess Mathilde during the opening of the house of the future called "Living Tomorrow." The house is equipped with several high-tech gadgets.

Attachments

• BM_phillippe_mathilde_504.jpg
    BM_phillippe_mathilde_504.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
This is a reminder to everyone about the photo posting policy that is used here at LTR. Please try to avoid posting photos directly on this site. We do not want agencies to shut down their websites because we have used up their bandwidth. For alternative ways of sharing photos with other members please read or re-read the Les Tribunes Royales' policy on posting photos.

Link: Photo Policy

IBL - 15 December 2003. Princess Mathilde at "Le Bon lait d'Ixelles."

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM : Belgian Queen Paola, King Albert II, Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe poses for picture in front of the crib in Brussels Royal Palace, Thursday 18 December 2003, prior to the christmas concert.

Attachments

• mathilde_1.jpg
    mathilde_1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 363
Mathilde looks quite luminous in these photos. Very lovely.

GETTY IMAGES - HENSIES, BELGIUM: Belgium's Prince Philippe and Hainaut Governor Michel Tromont arrive in Hensies to meet survivors of the coach which crashed at the Hensies former border crossing between Belgium and France 20 December 2003. Twelve passengers on the German tourist coach were killed Saturday when their bus hit a concrete barrier on the Belgian border with France and burst into flames, officials said. The bus, on its way to France from the city of Cologne in Germany, was carrying 46 passengers and a tourist guide, mostly young people aged 20 to 25, according to the provincial governor, Michel Tromont.

18 December 2003. Christmas concert at the Palace of Brussels with the royal family of Belgium.

18 December 2003. Christmas concert at the Palace of Brussels with the royal family of Belgium.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 7981.jpg
    7981.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 455
  • 3265.jpg
    3265.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 352
I think it's really sweet the way they hold hands and he puts his arm around her in public. They make a lovely couple.

both been good marriage! but never split! but both still strong together both looks great!

Sara Boyce

" I think it's really sweet the way they hold hands and he puts his arm around her in public. They make a lovely couple. "

Very much so. Really sweet. Such a romantic couple.

IBL - 12/23/2003. Princess Mathilde visits a center for deaf children.

Attachments

• mathilde.jpg
    mathilde.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 436
I love the red heart he's holding, kind of appropriate considering he wears his heart on his sleeve around his wife :)

Great pictures, Alexandria!! Philippe and Mathilde look great together. I am also fond of the heart one.. How long are they staying in Frankfurt?
19 years ago I would have been able to see them as my home town is only 19 km to the southeast of Frankfurt..A lovely town called Hanau.. We have a nice castle there as well but I am getting OT..:)

14 January 2004. Prince Philippe of Belgium at 82th Autoshow in Brussels.

Attachments

• phillippe_2.jpg
    phillippe_2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 365
  • phillippe_5.jpg
    phillippe_5.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 399
  • phillippe_3.jpg
    phillippe_3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 368
HELLO!

PHILIPPE OF BELGIUM A PRINCE OF HEARTS

Back on royal duty with the festive season behind him, Crown Prince Philippe visited Frankfurt this week accompanied by his wife, Crown Princess Mathilde.

And as Christmas is now just a memory to the heir to the Belgian throne, he looked like he was set for another special occasion on the calendar – Valentine's Day – as he toured a local textile fair clutching a heart-shaped pillow.

And Philippe and Mathilde certainly seemed to enjoy the outing together in the German city. The princess, wearing an elegant crimson dress and pearl brooch, was sporting a broad smile non-stop as she toured the fabric extravaganza on the arm of her husband.

The past year was certainly one of love and family for the couple, who welcomed their second child, a baby boy, in August. Little Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie joined big sister Elizabeth, who will one day be the country's queen.

HELLO!

Attachments

• mathilde_dop2a.jpg
    mathilde_dop2a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 450
Mathilde at a Musical Instruments museum in Brussels:

January 22

IBL

Attachments

• 751091_08.jpg
    751091_08.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 751091_07.jpg
    751091_07.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 426
  • 751091_06.jpg
    751091_06.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 424
  • 751091_04.jpg
    751091_04.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 751091_03.jpg
    751091_03.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 751091_01.jpg
    751091_01.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 429
A few days ago, Mathilde's cell phone was stolen. She was on a shoppin trip in Brussels, and she forgot to lock her car, when she parked it, so a thief grasped her cell phone. But luckily one of her bodyguards caught the thief. Mathilde only has bodyguards to follow her car, they wait until she has gone away, and then they leave. It was on the news in Belgium.

Originally posted by Jelka@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 2:40 pm
A few days ago, Mathilde's cell phone was stolen. She was on a shoppin trip in Brussels, and she forgot to lock her car, when she parked it, so a thief grasped her cell phone. But luckily one of her bodyguards caught the thief. Mathilde only has bodyguards to follow her car, they wait until she has gone away, and then they leave. It was on the news in Belgium.
ooh!

she needs bring her cell all the times but cant leave cell like that! but thief will getting in big trouble!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom