Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she really looks like she is enjoying her new life as a Princess ,
do we know weather the danish people think she is doing a good job??

rosalyn said:
What does Prince Fredrik do? I think Prince Joachim has some business.

He will attend an event at Herning today, and remember that there is a lot of work to be done outside the spotlight as well. I'm sure Frederik is quite busy.

The only business Joachim has is his farm in Schakenborg in jutland. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I do love CP Mary for her work, her style, her dedikation to her patrons, her love for CP Frederik and for Denmark.
The laste time i herd her talk i tougth that she is fare better to the danish language than her farther in-law prince Henrik ;) ;)

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when Mary has her hair down, she looks so much better.

Most people do"

It depends entirely on a person's face shape. Mary ends up looking quite mature when her hair is up.

Nice outfit, but I don't think the jacket goes well with it.

wow... mary's lady in waiting is definetely an elegant woman. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190603

don't think there was anything wrong with that silk lilac top... does anyone know if she received the donations in the royal suite or was it in some kind of theatre or something like that and they let her go to the suite for some time before the event started?

however, didn't like that kaftan she was wearing today... or was it a dress? looks rare...

i was going to ask... does anyone know how mary talks with the people she needs to meet? when fred is there it must be easier, but... what about when she goes alone? what if she doesn't understand danish? is she allowed to speak in english for a bit or does she have a person to help her in that kind of situation?

Well, if she ever did have problems with understanding someone, she's got her lady in waiting with her.

Are there many regional dialects in Denmark? I've seen people who could understand English very well but who had a lot of trouble with understanding someone with a broad Yorkshire or Glasgow accent.

Elspeth said:
Well, if she ever did have problems with understanding someone, she's got her lady in waiting with her.

Are there many regional dialects in Denmark? I've seen people who could understand English very well but who had a lot of trouble with understanding someone with a broad Yorkshire or Glasgow accent.

Certainly, Elspeth. The Copenhagen dialect have been very widespread, since television became an item for almost every household, but there are dialects around in Denmark that could be nearly impossible to understand, even for other Danes, if I've understood my classmates correctly.

Princess BellyFlop said:
NO she can't. I was just polite when I asked if a slky top would be more appropriate later during the day. I meant that it was out of place during a day event and looked like a pyjama top. She made a fashion mistake.

Of course she can... that's obvious:D Mary, like you and me, has the right to wear whatever she wants to wear (as long as it's not ultra revealing). And since the event has now passed and nothing bad has happend to Mary for having worn the top, we know that she did in fact "get away with it" (although there was nothing to get away from, coz I personally adore the top!).

The top is silky/satiny. I have a couple of silk shirts I wear to work myself. I think they look beautiful paired with black skirts or black pants (compared to wearing crumply cotton business shirts, which I also wear!!:D )

norwegianne said:
Certainly, Elspeth. The Copenhagen dialect have been very widespread, since television became an item for almost every household, but there are dialects around in Denmark that could be nearly impossible to understand, even for other Danes, if I've understood my classmates correctly.

a swedish friend of mine once told me that it was easy to understand norwegian people for her but the danish accent sounded "funny". what do danes think of the other scandinavian talks?

norwegianne, how do people comunicate with other's in denmark with those dialects difficult to udnerstand? it would be weird if they had to use english being in the same country...

i just adore her lady-in-waiting ! she seems so warm and friendly :) !

lol, i'd like to know -only for a day (a mary-event day) - what happens in her mind :D !

Emi said:
I think it might be the other way round, her lady-in-waiting probably looks at what CPss Mary is going to wear beforehand to make sure she wears something that goes with it and that doesn't clash. However the CPss does have a stylist (Anja Neitzel) whom she probably takes some fashion cues from.:)
That makes sense -- I can see how someone would want to imitate her styles. I know I do:)

I live in Southern Calif. and from what I can see when I go shopping, Mary's silky top is, as well as her green top that she wore today are very popular right now.:eek: Both in the stores and the streets.
The silky camisols are worn in many varieties. Plain, beaded, and with lace. They look great paired with jeans and heels or under a nice suit. There are some that look very tacky, like they should be worn "under" a shirt/blouse to prevent see through,but for the most part, they are very popular and look very nice when worn right. Day or night. It just depends on the person I guess.
Her green tunic top is also very popular, but not as popular as the camisols. The seem to be leaning towards beading, and embrodery around the neckline and edge of the sleeves. Very flattering on a lot of body shapes.
Of course this is just my observation. I by no means am a fashion dictator!:rolleyes:

Yesterday, 7 September, Crown Princess Mary attended the opening of the Hans Knudsen Institute’s new facilities in Copenhagen. Pictures from Face to Face.

Attachments

• 00744343.jpg
    00744343.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 00744351.jpg
    00744351.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 00744350.jpg
    00744350.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 00744349.jpg
    00744349.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 393
  • 00744348.jpg
    00744348.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 00744347.jpg
    00744347.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 629
  • 00744346.jpg
    00744346.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 00744345.jpg
    00744345.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 737
  • 00744344.jpg
    00744344.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 00744342.jpg
    00744342.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 301
Yesterday, 7 September, Crown Princess Mary attended the opening of the Hans Knudsen Institute’s new facilities in Copenhagen. More pictures from Face to Face.

Attachments

• 00744352.jpg
    00744352.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 322
  • 00744353.jpg
    00744353.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 235
  • 00744354.jpg
    00744354.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 00744356.jpg
    00744356.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 2,594
Thanks lots for the new pictures of Her Royal Highness Princess Mary, GrandDuchess and pdas1201.Really wondeful and beautiful Mary.Pregnancy style really suit on her, especially the green outfit, it's really beautiful and must be one of Mary's most beautiful outfit, it has the addition of Western style together with Asian style(the flower,maybe Japanese or Chinese), Mary does looks really wonderful, her skin, everything are fantastic.

to me, she's the one that use innovate clothes in royalty. She's amazing wearing modern clothes.

In did, i agre complet with you. She is always a complet new.

Mary's undershirt showing is not too flattering. Wonder why she always like tight stuff, the blouse could have been made longer. Who is her Wardrobe consultant?

rosalyn said:
Mary's undershirt showing is not too flattering. Wonder why she always like tight stuff, the blouse could have been made longer. Who is her Wardrobe consultant?

Actually she is wearing the outfit perfectly.

Mary is most likely wearing Maternity trousers which have a stretch panel at the front, therefore she needs her top to come down and cover that.

You can have tight, cheap, slutty type clothes but Mary's are body hugging in a beautiful why.

Nothing to my mind is too tight, infact I think she is doing pregnancy clothes beautifully in a feminine way. She might be a Princess but she is a woman first and she should show her body off in a decent way.

Smocks and oversized dresses with Bows belong in the past and should stay there!

More pics from the opening of Hans Knudsen's new institute on September 7, 2005.

www.rexfeatures.com

You can see the baby booties, a gift she received from the institute:)

Attachments

• 548384A.jpg
    548384A.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 548384B.jpg
    548384B.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 548384C.jpg
    548384C.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 548384D.jpg
    548384D.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
I really like her outfit at the Hans knudsen Institute. And I really like the green top alot.

Nice pictures!!

EmmieLou said:
Actually she is wearing the outfit perfectly.

Mary is most likely wearing Maternity trousers which have a stretch panel at the front, therefore she needs her top to come down and cover that.

You can have tight, cheap, slutty type clothes but Mary's are body hugging in a beautiful why.

Nothing to my mind is too tight, infact I think she is doing pregnancy clothes beautifully in a feminine way. She might be a Princess but she is a woman first and she should show her body off in a decent way.

Smocks and oversized dresses with Bows belong in the past and should stay there!
Well said! She need to show that just because she's expecting, she does not need to resort to the old fashioned look of the 'big tent' dress and blouses or ugly pants or jackets and always flat, dull looking shoes.

Maternity wear has come a long way, thank goodness!!!

I'm glad Mary is able to take full advantage of a fully modern and stylish maternity wardrobe!

Some of those outfits I bet can be used afterwards too!

Are there any pictures of princess Mary in her childhood??

rosalyn said:

I agree that the outfit was not the best! I think it is nice to show your belly while you are pregnant, and the outfit is, by far, a very nice one, but I agree with Rosalyn that it was not the best choice. The top should have been longer to cover just enough. I know I will go against many of you, but I really don't like her style. She looks great, but I don't necessarily think that she has the best sense of style, unlike Letizia and perhaps Maxima. Just a personal opinion.:eek:

Lillia said:
Well said! She need to show that just because she's expecting, she does not need to resort to the old fashioned look of the 'big tent' dress and blouses or ugly pants or jackets and always flat, dull looking shoes.

Maternity wear has come a long way, thank goodness!!!

I'm glad Mary is able to take full advantage of a fully modern and stylish maternity wardrobe!

Some of those outfits I bet can be used afterwards too!

I also believe that Mary, unlike many of us, does not need to "reuse" the outfits afterwards. I'm sure she has enough money to buy new maternity clothes over and over again.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Roxsteve said:
I agree that the outfit was not the best! I think it is nice to show your belly while you are pregnant, and the outfit is, by far, a very nice one, but I agree with Rosalyn that it was not the best choice. The top should have been longer to cover just enough. I know I will go against many of you, but I really don't like her style. She looks great, but I don't necessarily think that she has the best sense of style, unlike Letizia and perhaps Maxima. Just a personal opinion.:eek:

Oh no, I think that whilst royals should be able to wear whatever they want, bearing their bellies whilst pregnant is a no go. Which is probably why princesses in the past have worn sack like clothing (okay not sack like, but decidedly maternity dresses which are so ho-hum boring - e.g. what mary wore to the garden show... almost all the princesses before her have worn such dresses... erk!!!). But this time round, the princesses seem to be wearing their non-pregnancy clothes, its just that its altered to make room for their bellies. For example, I loooove the purple dress MM wore to the fashin show, and love Mathilde's outfit when her and the CP brought Elizabeth to school (mary and her both love coats like the one worn on that day).

I think Mary wears long tops precisely because she wants to make sure that her belly doesn't show. I don't think her blouses are maternity blouses as such, hence the need for tops underneath to cover her bump. I bet ya mary will wear the clothes she's worn recently even after she gives birth.

As we all know, everyone has different tastes. I personally think Maxima's the most expressive, the most outwardly cheerful out of all the current CPss, but I can't relate to her style. Its fun and really lively, but sometimes verges on being a tad bit garrish. But that's just me, and Maxima can look really elegant sometimes too (some of her hats are just gooorgeous! and some not so, like that recent red one). Letizias clothes.... see when I think of Letizia, I think of her face and her great eyes, coz her clothes just doens't catch my attention. And when it does it's the sameness of it all that catches my attention. But again, that's just me and we can't all like the same thing.

Roxsteve said:
I know I will go against many of you, but I really don't like her style. She looks great, but I don't necessarily think that she has the best sense of style, unlike Letizia and perhaps Maxima. Just a personal opinion.:eek:

I don't like her style either . I think Mary's choice of clothes makes her look older . When I see her, I don't see a 33 years- old but rather a 50- years old . But, like Roxsteve said, just my opinion ;) :)

We often think that women with pale skin, darker hair and classical outfit might seem older than they really are. Catherine Zeta-Jones, who like Mary, has porcelain skin, dark straight hair and dresses tastefully and rather in a classic way, always seemed older to me than Gwyneth for example when in reality they are about the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom