Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The current Se og Hør cover has a picture of CP Mette-Marit, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus going to a christening.
I assume it was the christening of Espen Høiby's youngest daughter who was born this year - also because the picture with Marit Høiby says "Grandmother holds christening child".
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/395352_10152119774590607_699632691_n.jpg

To the moderators: Maybe we could create a thread for the CP Family Current Events (Haakon/Mette-Marit or both with children) as there are more and more events together with the children

CP Mette-Marit rescued a bird yesterday which landed helpless on the grounds of the Palace Garden because of the storm.
Palace Garden's facebook page has a picture here Wall Photos | Facebook with the following caption, telling the story:
"One of common guillemots who was forced off course in bad weather yesterday made ​​an emergency landing at the Palace Square. Crown Princess saw the bird, which was transported in safety vest into the castle. Guillemot can not rise from the ground, and the bird was exhausted. After a stay at the Palace revived it, and was eventually launched in Frognerkilen. @ Bird Council says that guillemots die after 24 hours on the ground, then you see someone: help them out of the water!"
(via Google Translation)

article KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Mette-Marit reddet fugl - Side2
Google Translation

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
CP Mette-Marit in flight-drama: After leaving Luxembourg on saturday afternoon the plane's landing in Munich was difficult due to heavy fog. It struck the ground extremely hard, it was an incredibly loud 'bang'. King Harald and Queen Sonja were in the same plane. Crown Prince Haakon left one day later on sunday.
Kronprinsesse mette-marit - Mette-Marit i flydrama etter bryllupet - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

They left on saturday afternoon?? I thought that they stay in Luxemburg til Sunday in the "secret party" in Chateau Berg. Maybe it was only a false rumors, because I don't think, that only Haakon participated there.

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Mette-Marit og Haakon på hemmelig nachspiel - Side2
Google Fordító

They left on saturday afternoon?? I thought that they stay in Luxemburg til Sunday in the "secret party" in Chateau Berg. Maybe it was only a false rumors, because I don't think, that only Haakon participated there.

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Mette-Marit og Haakon på hemmelig nachspiel - Side2
Google Fordító

On the current Se og Hør cover they write that "Mette-Marit flew home early from Luxembourg - Went right to REMA-afterparty". So there was maybe a party Saturday night in Norway she attended - I couldn't find out more about it.

CP Mette-Marit had to cancel her engagement today due to the flu - she was supposed to give a speech on leadership at the Virke Conference.
Mette-Marit rammet av sykdom - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

Mette-Marit er syk - dropper foredrag - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation

Only I find this a little bit strange, that we don't see her so often? What was the last engagement, where she did some more serious work, I mean not only attend to a wedding, or a party or other such loose events? I am not a norwegian, so it is not really my thing, but why can't she accompany Haakon for some events?

Only I find this a little bit strange, that we don't see her so often? What was the last engagement, where she did some more serious work, I mean not only attend to a wedding, or a party or other such loose events? I am not a norwegian, so it is not really my thing, but why can't she accompany Haakon for some events?

I hope MM is ok.
she did also not got to the gala for Parliment, which she was listed as going a few weeks ago, but no reason was given

I hope MM is ok.
she did also not got to the gala for Parliment, which she was listed as going a few weeks ago, but no reason was given

I also have a little bit bad feeling about her, but I hope everything is ok with her and also with the kids. And I also hope, that she isn't again in India or Tibet or on a new "selffind-trip"...

Crown Princess Mette-Marit knows what she is doing. We have been told that she undertakes some off-camera engagements and she is loved by Norwegians, haven't we?

She also does a *lot* for the UN in her role as Special Ambassador for Youth Awareness and AIDS. Much of which is not really shown, because it's just not "media friendly" and won't give the Press what they want in terms of a Photo Op.

If she wasn't working hard or committed to her role, she would lose it as it wouldn't look good to the UN don't you think? I believe the same holds true for the rest of her work as Crown Princess of Norway. If not, we'd hear it. Trust me.

I hate it when I see comments about someone else's work habits when they don't even know them. Also God forbid any Royal gets sick and has to cancel an engagement due to it, because nine times out of ten it usually leads to "He/She just doesn't work hard enough and here we go again as proof..." How do you know that? You don't, so give it a rest for crying out loud!!

I can't even begin to imagine how on earth Mette-Marit has coped w/what sounds like a very intense fear of flying. As I'm someone w/an intense and unreasonable phobia of snakes, I know what it's like to have a fear that literally can take hold of you to the point you have no control over it at all.

That fear isn't a huge part of my job however. For her to have come so far in coping w/her fear in order to do what needs to be done for certain portions of her job as HRH Crown Princess of Norway though? I have beyond huge respect for that lady for that alone.

She doesn't deserve to be ripped apart as someone who doesn't work hard enough in her role just because she cancels engagements due to the Flu. Which depending on just how severe it's nailed Mette-Marit, isn't being a hard working person shirking her duty, but someone who realizes showing up somewhere where there's a lot of people around w/a virus that's easy to pass around and catch is pretty irresponsible and harmful to those attending the event and who would meet her that day/night.

Isn't the good of the People of Norway the first priority of the Royal Family? How does any member of the Royal Family showing up at an event sick w/the Flu do that?

As I said...Give me a break.

If you check on the Norwegian Royal family website it tells you all the royals duties so you can see exactly what they are all doing . Don't were some of you get the idea MM does nothing except party or weddings .... She looks pretty busy to me . Also she has 3 kids .... Can't she be there for them too .

Tiggersk8 said:
She also does a *lot* for the UN in her role as Special Ambassador for Youth Awareness and AIDS. Much of which is not really shown, because it's just not "media friendly" and won't give the Press what they want in terms of a Photo Op.

If she wasn't working hard or committed to her role, she would lose it as it wouldn't look good to the UN don't you think? I believe the same holds true for the rest of her work as Crown Princess of Norway. If not, we'd hear it. Trust me.

I hate it when I see comments about someone else's work habits when they don't even know them. Also God forbid any Royal gets sick and has to cancel an engagement due to it, because nine times out of ten it usually leads to "He/She just doesn't work hard enough and here we go again as proof..." How do you know that? You don't, so give it a rest for crying out loud!!

I can't even begin to imagine how on earth Mette-Marit has coped w/what sounds like a very intense fear of flying. As I'm someone w/an intense and unreasonable phobia of snakes, I know what it's like to have a fear that literally can take hold of you to the point you have no control over it at all.

That fear isn't a huge part of my job however. For her to have come so far in coping w/her fear in order to do what needs to be done for certain portions of her job as HRH Crown Princess of Norway though? I have beyond huge respect for that lady for that alone.

She doesn't deserve to be ripped apart as someone who doesn't work hard enough in her role just because she cancels engagements due to the Flu. Which depending on just how severe it's nailed Mette-Marit, isn't being a hard working person shirking her duty, but someone who realizes showing up somewhere where there's a lot of people around w/a virus that's easy to pass around and catch is pretty irresponsible and harmful to those attending the event and who would meet her that day/night.

Isn't the good of the People of Norway the first priority of the Royal Family? How does any member of the Royal Family showing up at an event sick w/the Flu do that?

Very well said! I do miss seeing pictures of her, but I have no doubt she is working hard, especially with her UN work which is such a great cause.

Perfectly said !!!!:):):):):)

A bad case of flu can lay you up for a long time. (3 weeks) A true flu is bad news, it is not just a mild virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom