Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, for the pics; let them come.

Great little trip down memory lane! Thanks for all your efforts here; it is all much appreciated!

Here are some pictures of Mette-Marit before she had the title 'Crown Princess'

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 300
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 596
some more pictures
1-3 Visit to childrens festival
4-5 Visit to Oslo University, reciving their wedding gift -an exchange student from Africa
6-7 With a broken leg after a skiing accident
8-9 National day 2003
10 Silver wedding celebrations in Sweden
All from Nrk.no

Attachments

• sdf.jpg
    sdf.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 621
  • hvite sandaler.jpg
    hvite sandaler.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 503
  • treacy2.jpg
    treacy2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 298
  • treacy.jpg
    treacy.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 647
  • bastøy.jpg
    bastøy.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 736
  • bl2.jpg
    bl2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 638
  • bl1.jpg
    bl1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 472
  • gul3.jpg
    gul3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 705
  • gul2.jpg
    gul2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 662
  • gul.jpg
    gul.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 686
When did she break her leg? I never knew she had.

She broke it the first year they were married, I think it was. They were skiing, and she had an accident. Unfortunately for her, that year she also had other illnesses to worry about. She had either phneumonia or bronchites (I can't remember which one at the top of my head) and she had that unfortunate incident with the German television crew that resulted in a major case of sunburn.

norwegianne said:
She broke it the first year they were married, I think it was. They were skiing, and she had an accident. Unfortunately for her, that year she also had other illnesses to worry about. She had either phneumonia or bronchites (I can't remember which one at the top of my head) and she had that unfortunate incident with the German television crew that resulted in a major case of sunburn.

Yes, I saw the pictures of the sunburn...Looked pretty painful...It had something to do with the lighting?

She had a bad case of pneumonia. Sha was hospitalized for a while.

During the easter break 2002 Mette-Marit broke her leg, here are some pictures of her at events with a broken leg

1-2 At the royal lodge\cabine where she broke her leg
3-5 Visit to Hønefoss
6-7 Visit to a work prison
8 Gala dinner for the president of Estonia
9 During Märtha wedding all the guest walked from chuch to Stiftsgården where the party was, MM was driven and here she and Marius wach the other guest arrive

Attachments

• CAIF01UN.jpg
    CAIF01UN.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 462
  • CACJPVYA.jpg
    CACJPVYA.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 457
  • CA6R07ZK.jpg
    CA6R07ZK.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 689
  • CA63WZLU.jpg
    CA63WZLU.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 408
  • CAXYPCTU.jpg
    CAXYPCTU.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 386
  • CA6ZWTYR.jpg
    CA6ZWTYR.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 549
  • CA7APC1J.jpg
    CA7APC1J.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 397
  • CAS5509T.jpg
    CAS5509T.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 716
  • CAGT4HSF.jpg
    CAGT4HSF.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:
Mette-Marit is quite lovely. She and Haakon have a very natural quality as a couple. I hope they will be happy for many years to come!

are there any photos of her very first official duty as crown princess by her self
what event could that be?

I love this picture,specially her shoes

Attachments

• galeria19_15.jpg
    galeria19_15.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,144
ILoveCristina said:
Was that photo taken last spring/summer in Jordan? maybe I'm mixing up...

It was taken June 2004 at (then) Crown Prince Hamzah and Crown Princess Noor's wedding.

Larzen said:
Nationalday, "the sunburn year"
Srrh... My face hurt when I just looking at the pictures. Poor MM and Haakon!

i love the picture of haakon taking the flowers from the boy instead of Matte Marit.....that was so adorable

Thanks for posting all those photos Rchainho. I've never seen some of them before.

Thanks rchainho! I have many of the pictures in the new book about Mette-Marit..!

a pic of mette-marit when she was a waitress. cover

Thank you rchainho for the picture when MM was a waitress.

Last edited:
Jasl said:
Lovely Mette Marit!!!!!! She's been so wonderful, as to be expected (she is after all, Haakon's choice). She is so understated and even if she might not look it, she has been extremely strong considering what her father and criticisms she has had to endure. No other crown princesses has ever endured so much as Mette Marit. Not Letizia, not Maxima, Mary or Alexandra. Some of those I mentioned have had their share of critics, but none as concerted nor on-going as that directed against Mette Marit. But she never lets it show ... she's always smiling.

I think that Ingrid Alexandra will grown up to be an excellent person. Hopefully she will be forgiving, sympathetic and all round wonderful. Her parents will certainly help her in that.

I agree with you completely. Mette-Marit has had the most difficult road in her role as Crown Princess. Alot of aggression at her from many directions. And what does Norway now have, the most down to earth, modern and classy of the Crown Princesses of Europe. She has never made a misstep and deserves all the nice things in her life. Norway should be proud of her, and support her. She will hardly bring down the monarchy.

Christo's Girl said:
I agree with you completely. Mette-Marit has had the most difficult road in her role as Crown Princess. Alot of aggression at her from many directions. And what does Norway now have, the most down to earth, modern and classy of the Crown Princesses of Europe. She has never made a misstep and deserves all the nice things in her life. Norway should be proud of her, and support her. She will hardly bring down the monarchy.
I as a "Norwegian" Is very proud to have her as my new home countrys crown Princess!

Mette-Marit reminds me so much of Gwyneth Paltrow. Both have that slim, blond classy look. In fact do they not know each other and are friends?

lol she reminds me of Amy Poeler from SNL (not that thats bad :) )

Thank you to all who have posted pictures. A lot of them I've never seen before. Mette-Marit has gotten prettier as the the years have gone by. I admire her because she's risen above the criticisms and sniping. She strikes me as a very sincere and down-to-earth person. I think this has been answered elsewhere in this forum, does Mette-Marit still smoke?:cool:

I think she gave up after she got pnemonia, and then she was pregnant again with Ingrid Alexandra.
I love all the photos of Mette-Marit and Haakon together, they are really sweet. Family pictures, and just pictures of them meeting children are always particulary lovely too!
Sometimes I think Mette-Marit looks just like any average woman, but so many pictures I see of her that make me go WOW, that you don't with the other Crown princesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom