Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 8 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh , dear. I had managed not to cry for the last two days, and Beatrice and Eugene's letter made me cry again.

Oh, Beatrice & Eugenie's statement is so sweet and heartbreaking - brought me to tears.

The most touching statement so far to me. The reference to "picking heather and raspberries, marching soldiers, our teas, etc." brought tears to my eyes as they show a part of the Queen's life that only her family knew, especially as children.

It was the most detailed in terms of personal memories. Maybe they’re more comfortable with it or maybe because they’re not working royals, it didn’t need to be quite so professional. It was lovely.

I also noted that they thanked her for “including us”.

It made me teary eyed too. Very sweet from them.

That was such a loving and personal statement from Eugenie and Beatrice. I also loved the reference to "dear Uncle Charles."

Very beautiful and classy of the York sisters. I wonder if they would have gotten to say anything if their father had not been persona non grata?

We probably won't hear anything from Peter and Zara.

Queen Camilla is going to give a televised tribute to Her Majesty … on the eve of the State Funeral.

Very beautiful and classy of the York sisters. I wonder if they would have gotten to say anything if their father had not been persona non grata?

We probably won't hear anything from Peter and Zara.

It’s all been perfectly choreographed. Statements realised on various days. There will be something tomorrow I warrant as well. Maybe a picture. Who knows.

Does it? I think it sounds wonderful. Since Diana's death it has become a "tradition" to have a TV address before the funeral but of course the King addressed his people on his accession so having Camilla do it, or part of it, sounds good.

Does it? I think it sounds wonderful. Since Diana's death it has become a "tradition" to have a TV address before the funeral but of course the King addressed his people on his accession so having Camilla do it, or part of it, sounds good.

I’m not sure anyone really wants to hear from a consort. On the eve of a funeral. But obviously to make her more attractive to people. Who knows. If Charles didn’t want to do it, I would have thought William the far better option.

And it isn’t really a tradition, isn’t the only other person it happened for the Queen Mother? Both times done by the monarch.

It’s all been perfectly choreographed. Statements realised on various days. There will be something tomorrow I warrant as well. Maybe a picture. Who knows.

Of course it's all been choreographed, but I'm sincerely doubting we're going to hear from Andrew, especially since it seems like his daughters spoke in lieu of him.

And I'm not so sure we'll hear from Peter and Zara. Maybe, but it seems more likely not.

Of course it's all been choreographed, but I'm sincerely doubting we're going to hear from Andrew, especially since it seems like his daughters spoke in lieu of him.

And I'm not so sure we'll hear from Peter and Zara. Maybe, but it seems more likely not.

When Philip died we heard from William, Harry and Eugenie. Not necessarily in a hughly choreographed order but this is so much bigger.

Yes tommy100 … I agree it is a wonderful idea.

Others have released their tributes.

Camilla is now Queen and I don’t see it as out of step for her tribute … which I think will be personal, not “official” … to be televised.

I think all these steps are to set a strong foundation for the new reign.

And I think they are succeeding with it.

I think Camilla will probably do a good job with the presentation. But let's see.

I think Camilla will probably do a good job with the presentation. But let's see.

If the King doesn't want to do it, I think he should let the Princess Royal speak on behalf of the family. It has to be someone with a lifelong relation to the late Queen, not the Queen Consort. How often have queen consorts addressed the nation directly anyway? It is not something common, neither in the UK nor in other European monarchies. I also think it is a bad idea.

If the King doesn't want to do it, I think he should let the Princess Royal speak on behalf of the family. It has to be someone with a lifelong relation to the late Queen, not the Queen Consort. How often have queen consorts addressed the nation directly anyway? It is not something common, neither in the UK nor in other European monarchies. I also think it is a bad idea.

Considering the wireless (radio) has only been around since about the 1920s, and since then there have been precisely three Queens Consort (Mary, Elizabeth, Camilla)...there hasn't exactly been the opportunity for them to do so.

She's the Queen. If Charles asks or has asked her to speak, so what? Just because it hasn't been done before isn't a good enough reason for it not to be done.

I don't think she's addressing the nation. It's an interview she recorded as a tribute to the Queen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62943680

I don't think she's addressing the nation. It's an interview she recorded as a tribute to the Queen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62943680

I agree, there’s a clip at the Mail website and it’s clearly an interview recorded some time ago - Camilla is dressed in a casual dress not mourning. If it were an address to the Nation, it would look very different.

I think it’s a lovely tribute. We have heard so many people from her family speaking about her but rarely Camilla, so why not :) I’m sure it will be very moving

Very nice words from Prince Andrew. They all must truly miss Her.

Why for heaven´s sake would this be a bad idea?! However, there was a role model. Queen Elizabeth, later the Queen Mother, adressed the women of the nation, to encourage them and thanked for their contribution to the war effort, during WW II.

Why for heaven´s sake would this be a bad idea?! However, there was a role model. Queen Elizabeth, later the Queen Mother, adressed the women of the nation, to encourage them and thanked for their contribution to the war effort, during WW II.

I think it would have been a bad idea for the Queen Consort to make a national address on the eve of the funeral, but, in the end, it was nothing of that sort, but merely a tribute of then Duchess of Cornwall to the Queen taped before the Queen's passing. That was OK.

It’s allready available.

I wonder if there is an estimate of the number of bunches of flowers left by the public. I have been watching videos about the flowers at Green Park and it seems there's a huge amount.

Back
Top Bottom