Descendants of Queen of Sheba

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princeofitaly

Nobility
City
Turin
Country
Italy
Who are the descendants of the Queen of Sheba?

Are there any of her descendants in the current Royal European Families (British Royal Dynasty or others) or in others Royal Families of Africa or Asia?

Considering she might or might not have even existed over 2000 years ago I think that’s asking a lot :)

There is a very well respected author that I like that delves into things quite deeply and comes up with some very interesting theories about historical figures that have been obscured by the mists of time.

This is an article that gives insight into how Ahmed Osman perceives Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. What I like about Mr. Osman's books is that they make me think.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/his...and-queen-real-protagonists-love-story-021388

Thanks for the interesting article.

I read Solomonian dynasty descendants of Queen of Sheba, but I don't know if others European Royal dynasties are descendant to the mythical Queen of Sheba.

There are more interesting theories that pertain to the Queen of Sheba and her relationship with Solomon. It is also reputed that she had a son by Solomon that was named Menelik "Menilek I was made king by his father, thus founding the royal Solomonic dynasty of Ethiopia, which ruled until the deposition of Haile Selassie I in 1974."

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Queen-of-Sheba

It is also reputed that the location of the Ark of the Covenant actually is located in Ethiopia at this time. There are several books out that pursue this line of thought. I'd recommend "The Sign and the Seal" by Graham Hancock.

From all I've seen though, it seems that the chances are slim that descendants of Solomon were connected to any royal house of Europe.

Yes, well; so one might also ask who are the descendents of Zeus through Leda or the Descendents of Minotaurus .. . mhhh - really?

Yes, well; so one might also ask who are the descendents of Zeus through Leda or the Descendents of Minotaurus .. . mhhh - really?

As I said, they're all just theories. Many times though its been proven that behind myths and legends and tales of yore lie a bit of the real truth. Many of the legendary tales were only passed down orally as stories and get exaggerated and things added and subtracted each time they were told. Troy was a city of legend until it was actually discovered in the late 19th century. No one had heard of King Tutankhamun until his tomb was discovered in 1922. Its been within our lifetime that its been proven that the biblical story of Noah's Ark is much, much older dating back to 2700 BCE and put down for posterity in the Epic of Giglamesh from the ancient civilization of Sumer.

https://time.com/44631/noah-christians-flood-aronofsky/

Archaeologists and anthropologist are discovering more and more as our technologies advance and can shed new light on things we though were lost to the mists of time. With these discoveries come theories. Lots of them. Challenges our thinking. :D

Last edited:
From all I've seen though, it seems that the chances are slim that descendants of Solomon were connected to any royal house of Europe.
It's not impossible. Families with a somewhat proven descent from the House of David has lived in Europe since at least around AD 1000 and given both that Jewish converts in for instance Spain often married into the middle and upper classes and that many royals and nobles today have Jewish ancestry there's bound to be someone descended from one of these families.

Last edited:
It's not impossible. Families with a somewhat proven descent from the House of David has lived in Europe since at least around AD 1000 and given both that Jewish converts in for instance Spain often married into the middle and upper classes and that many royals and nobles today have Jewish ancestry there's bound to be someone descended from one of these families.

You're absolutely right on this. One connection that has been made between the House of David and Europe lie with the history of the Merovingian dynasty of the Franks. We saw this explored recently and even went viral with Dan Brown's "The DaVinci Code". Although totally fiction, Brown did his homework delving into other studies and conclusions reached by many researchers.

This, however, does not relate at all to the descendants of the Queen of Sheba. The only child that has been suggested that she bore was Menelik I of Ethiopia.

I get that she might or might not have existed but seeing as she's mentioned other places than the Bible I'm willing to bet she was a historical figure. The oldest painting of her is one in Ethiopia and I believe that's where she came from. But to trace her ancestry you'd first have to prove she existed. It's like asking who are the decedents of King Arthur - I also believe he existed but there's no proof.

It's an interesting topic, however.

jewish ancestry for the merovingians is a recent concoction. other than ethiopia, I am unaware of any descent for the queen

Back
Top Bottom