Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DW Has confirmed the news today ,it says Haya escaped with german deplomate.

That's interesting!

Did she get assistance from a German diplomat? Because that means diplomatic troubles! Germany being involved in the internal affairs of Dubai - and at the highest level at that!
Or did she elope with a German diplomat?

Did she walk into the German embassy asking for asylum?

I wonder...
If the marriage was unhappy, this could be a convenient and perhaps even face-saving way to get rid of her.
There will be some diplomatic huffing and puffing but over time she will be left alone and the Germans will make sure she keeps a low profile.
The Sheik wouldn't have to divorce the sister of the Jordanian King without a "reason" and he wouldn't have to "correct" or "restrain" her, something you don't do to the sister of a King!
Now it's just a rogue sister/wife - embarrassing, yes. But only for a while and conveniently forgotten in a Western country.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. The fact that she is a blood princess and has such a high profile in the International Equestrian community may give her a little more leverage in how things turn out.

LaRae

I looked into google news: The german media has not definitely confirmed these rumours. They have just what the international press is saying: Princess + kids + 37 million english Pounds fled to Germany...

I have a question for the good followers of the Dubai royal family, especially @Imanmajed who seems to know everything
Out of sheikha mahra/Christiana Grigorakos, who had been raised by her mother out of Dubai , what about the other kids of sheikh Muhamed with ladies he is already separated? After the breakup, did these kids stay with mothers, especially abroad? Or after the separations the ladies left Dubai but kids stayed? It might help us to make a prediction if SM will leave his kids with princess Haya or remove the earth to have them back.

DW has confirmed the news.

No one has confirmed any news that she is in Germany. There is not a shred of evidence that she is in Germany, just reports quoting each other. Now they are muddled and saying she is in London. That's because she is.

Just Google "Princess Haya House London" and you see the article in The Times from May 2017. Why would she leave a house she has in a secure area to go to Germany where she has no home.

Remember, this is a Princess we are talking about. She is not going to stay in a one bedroom flat. She has children and nannies and security.

Also, no one is discussing the money. Where did the £31m come from? In the articles they mention that she is fleeing. There is no evidence of this.

Regarding the children of Sheikh Mohammed, I am not aware of any not being brought up in Dubai. Sheikh Mohammed's sister, Sheikha Hessa, brought up a couple of his children but always in UAE / Dubai.

Sad thing is, actions by Princess Haya harm the kids (SAJ and SZ) more than anyone else.

Why would she leave a house she has in a secure area to go to Germany where she has no home.

I imagine Princess Haya is [and will stay] in London, where she is immensely liked, and has an established life, and social circle..

Oh my God. It seems very serious situation. I fear for her safety and children's. God bless them and protect them.

Were it not that he has retained custody of all his children from his previous marriages and the story about his daughter who escaped the Emirates and was reported to have been kidnapped from a private yacht in international waters and returned to her father, I would still have wondered given Princess Haya's absence from Ascot.

Last edited:
The juridic battle is something official?
I mean is there any real prove they are battling in UK court?

Radha Stirling, CEO of Detained in Dubai released the following statement on the apparent asylum bid of Princess Haya, wife of the Ruler of Dubai:

... So, I have no doubt that Princess Haya has every reason to fear the consequences if she were to be sent back to Dubai. She surely knows, as Latifa knew, that asylum provides her the only safe route out of the royal palace...

...Just as Latifa allegedly suffered indescribable abuse at the hands of Sheikh Mohammed, and had no option but to escape; Haya apparently found herself in a similar situation. Fortunately for her, she was able to get away. “We have been told by reliable sources that Princess Haya did not see Latifa since participating in the disastrous attempt last December with Mary Robinson to allay fears about Latifa’s well-being, and until now the UAE has refused to cooperate with a United Nations inquiry about her abduction...

...Princess Haya, in all likelihood, is both a victim and a witness; and thus we hope she will remain safe, and that she will also cooperate with international authorities to expose the alleged abuses going on behind the doors of the Dubai Royal Palace...

...“We owe it to Princess Haya to support her bid for asylum, and she owes it to Latifa and all the women of the UAE, to speak out against the abuses of the men in power in that country, and the system over which they preside that dis-empowers and suppresses the female population.”
Radha Stirling statement on asylum bid of Princess Haya - Detained In Dubai

[...]
Remember, this is a Princess we are talking about. She is not going to stay in a one bedroom flat. She has children and nannies and security.

[...]

There are plenty of princesses in small cramped appartments and without a nanny or security.

Finnish Tom Gordin, Ceo of Helsinki International Horse Show, has known the princess for decades. The news of the princess's escape surprised Gordin.
- It feels terrible and sounds harsh. Especially when you don't know the backgrounds and everything. It is difficult to judge the other's separation, the reasons and the consequences. But a horrible destiny.
After hearing the news he sent the princess a text message, in which he hoped she is feeling well.
- I sent her a message, but she didn't answer to it. I wrote to her "Your Royal Highness, I wish you lot of strength". Maybe she doesn't want to reveal her whereabouts now. But if she acknowledged the message, it would be a comforting situation.
Gordin describes the princess as "very charismatic and social".
- She's got western British education and is very learned. In our species, where the welfare of horses is the most important thing, she is very precise about it.
Gordin and Princess Haya were introduced in 1997 when Haya competed in the Helsinki Horse Show. At the princess's reception, she met, among others, President Mauno Koivisto and Tellervo Koivisto, who were good friends of the King of Jordan.
When Princess Haya 2006 was elected chairman of the FEI, Gordin was regularly in contact with her for many years in international affairs.
While the princess wanted to continue as the chairman, in 2010 she had an opponent from Europe, but Gordin supported the princess.
- Among other things, I flew to Lausanne and sat down with her one afternoon thinking about what strategies she should draw up to be re-elected. As a thank you, she asked what I would like to have and I asked her to be a guest at the Helsinki Horse Show. She made a courtesy visit in August 2011.
After Haya al-Hussein's second period ended in 2015, Gordin has not met the princess.
- I can't say that we are good friends, but I know her well. I've been supporting her and she has appreciated it. We send Christmas greetings once in a while.
Suomalainen Tom on tuntenut Dubain prinsessan jo 20 vuotta – tieto karkumatkasta järkytti_ ”Lähetin tsemppausviestin” - Ulkomaat - Ilta-Sanomat

With respect, your comments re Tom Gordon amount to very little.

He's met her.
She was friendly with him (to be expected)
The occasionally exchanged pleasantries.
He attempted communication with her which received no response.

For Tom to summarise that he knows her well is a bit far fetched.

So just as a summary of other bits...

There is no evidence that Princess Haya is in Germany.

Note here, the recent video of German authorities denying that she has been seeking asylum.

Also - there is no evidence that she was "fleeing UAE" which all sounds dramatic for the benefit of media stories.

No one has explained or commented on the alleged £31m that she has got hold of.

No one is commenting on what could make Sheikh Mohammed accuse her of lies and betrayal.

I dear that the easy discourse is being followed where by Princess is the smiley innocent looking princess and Sheikh Mohammed is the stern looking ruler and so he must be the baddie and she's an angel.

It would be great if people didn't just assume the truth in what the read in the media, but did some investigating or analysis of what they read.

As a prime example, how many of these recent articles in the press refer to Sheikh Mohammed, Crown Prince of Dubai. All you TRF regulars will know that Sheikh Mohammed's son, Sheikh Hamdan, is the Crown Prince of Dubai .

So - if a newspaper can't even work out the title of a guy who is prime minister of a country - can you really rely on what it's telling you?

Just some thoughts...

FN

Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum is taking his estranged wife to court in London in a bid to get her to return their two young children.
The billionaire racehorse owner has launched an unprecedented legal action against his wife Princess Haya in the Family Division of the High Court.
A hearing has been set for July 30 when lawyers for the 68-year-old Sheikh will argue that his children Zayed and Jailia belong with him in Dubai.
The court action confirms reports that 45-year-old Princess Haya has left her husband with their two young children and fled abroad.
Runaway wife of Dubai ruler is holed up in £85million town house near Kensington Palace _ Daily Mail Online

Princess Haya fled initially this year to Germany to seek asylum. She is now said to be living in a £85m ($107m) town house in Kensington Palace Gardens, in central London, and preparing for a legal battle in the High Court.
So what prompted her to flee her luxurious life in Dubai and why is she said to be "afraid for her life"?
Sources close to her have said that Princess Haya had recently discovered disturbing facts behind the mysterious return to Dubai last year of Sheikha Latifa, one of the ruler's daughters. She fled the UAE by sea with the help of a Frenchman but was intercepted by armed men off the coast of India and returned to Dubai.
Princess Haya_ Dubai ruler's wife in UK 'in fear of her life' - BBC News

Oh god, this sounds extremely bad and serious. I seriously feel for Princess Haya, poor woman. No divorce shall lead to "fear for life". Maybe she knows that Sheikh Mohammed is capable of killing her? That sounds so disturbing.

There is something seriously wrong with that family. What happened to the other daughter was so disturbing and scary as well. Then, the crown prince was forced into an arranged marriage. And now this...I know that the middle east is not a rightful place for human rights. But, for a ruling family, which are public and have worked with other important figures in the past, have to set a good example for others. But, being this exposed about their rotten behaviors will bring them in a bad light. I can be only sorry for the girls, his daughters and granddaughters.

As for Princess Haya. Her marriage was a bit off when it was announced. It was probably a political move, every party had something to gain from that marriage. But, as time went on, I really thought they loved each other dearly. I hope Sheikh Mohammed can be a bit more civilized, because there are children involved. But, this looks like it will be a nasty path.

At least, in Morocco, the King and Lalla Salma divorced amicably. She is allowed to visit her children and be safe.

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...illion-town-house-near-Kensington-Palace.html

It's official! Smart move because in Dubai the law is the word of Sheikh Mohammed.

I don't think Haya was naive when she married the Sheikh but knew exactly what she was getting into. As long as she played by the rules, everything was fine. Her escape shows that she knew exactly what was going to happen if she stopped playing by the rules and brought herself into the best position she could for the war that will follow now.

At least, in Morocco, the King and Lalla Salma divorced amicably. She is allowed to visit her children and be safe.

Are they separated or divorced. I thought reports were that she is still the King's wife but will no longer carry out royal duties.

What's happening with the Sheikh and Princess Haya is honestly really surprising because every time I saw them together, I honestly thought it was a love match. I'm aware it was probably a dynastic setup but like many others have said I assumed it had developed into a relationship. I hope Haya is able to live her life in peace and will be able to see her children at times.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...illion-town-house-near-Kensington-Palace.html

It's official! Smart move because in Dubai the law is the word of Sheikh Mohammed.

I don't think Haya was naive when she married the Sheikh but knew exactly what she was getting into. As long as she played by the rules, everything was fine. Her escape shows that she knew exactly what was going to happen if she stopped playing by the rules and brought herself into the best position she could for the war that will follow now.

I think it's a good sign,if the Sheikh is taking the case to the court that mean he will be civiliséd and accept the court decision..i hope so anyway

Its always an emotional and unsettling time when a couple no longer wish to remain married to each other and anyone that has ever gone through a divorce with a custody battle will affirm this to be true.

Personally, my wish is that the High Court in London deem to act in the best interest of the children rather than look to who has the most "points" as to why the children should be given sole custody to them. Children are not property or belong to one parent more than the other but are only entrusted to the parents for the young years of their lives. Children are a gift to be nurtured and loved and raised to be the best possible adults that they can be.

I think it's a good sign,if the Sheikh is taking the case to the court that mean he will be civiliséd and accept the court decision..i hope so anyway

Not necessarily, unfortunately. By forcing her to appear in court, she will have revealed her whereabouts. It all depends on what his objective is. Her running away in such a public way involves a tremendous loss of face for him.

:previous:
Well if it's confirmed Princsess Haya is in Uk it's safe to say everyone know she will stay at her securised home in London and all the media reports confirm she is there.
I don't know what the Sheikh objective but going to court in UK is good for Haya Imo at least she will know they are equal there.

They have to give a reason for the separation, we'll see if the rumours are true and 'adultery' will be given by Sheikh Mohammed.

I was wondering if the marriage is considered legal in Britain at all as polygamy is not legalized there? Maybe the marriage is only recognized under islamic law.

Back
Top Bottom