General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, Charles’ duties and obligations are important to him, but not in the general scheme of things. He could be out of action for a lengthy time- I hope not, though- and his duties could be carried on by others.

Who would carry them on? A lot of his projects are things that he is very committed to and he wants to be the one to see them through. When he is king he will have to set aside a lot of his worlk

Covid is here forever and we will all catch it repeatedly throughout our lives. There's no need to panic. The Prince is asymptomatic as I understand and was only picked up on routine testing.

The COVID-19 virus mutates when it runs unchecked in populations. Some mutations will be cause more severe illness, and some will cause less severe illness. It probably cannot be eradicated, but serious disease and unchecked mutation can be controlled by vaccination. If we engage in magical thinking and decide to return to pre-COVID life with no precautions while in public, and assume everything is normal, COVID will continue to cause serious disease and death. I am over 60, and will continue to wear a high quality mask in public settings or anyplace I need to be in contact with a group of people. I think HRH Prince Charles should do the same thing until the case counts greatly diminish and there are no new variants wreaking havoc (There is a new variant of Omicron now taking hold in South Africa). Having said that, I have never seen a picture where Charles is wearing anything other than a cloth mask, which isn't the most effective at protecting the wearer. He should be wearing better quality masks if he wants to mingle with folks and protect himself and his loved ones at the same time .

I know this isn't a forum about COVID, and I won't write anymore about it here, but as a health care professional, I feel obliged to share accurate information.

There was no misinformation stated. Eradication is not an option anymore and hasn't been for a long time. Vaccination can't even stop the spread anymore. The best way forward is to continue mass vaccination worldwide to temper the effects of the virus. As we have both stated. However, if one believes they are higher risk and want to take extra precautions, that is their prerogative. I for one take lot of comfort in seeing my sovereign and heir trusting the science of vaccination and knowing that it will highly protect them from severe illness which allows them to return to a normal life even if that means getting infected (or reinfected).

There was no misinformation stated. Eradication is not an option anymore and hasn't been for a long time. Vaccination can't even stop the spread anymore. The best way forward is to continue mass vaccination worldwide to temper the effects of the virus. As we have both stated. However, if one believes they are higher risk and want to take extra precautions, that is their prerogative. I for one take lot of comfort in seeing my sovereign and heir trusting the science of vaccination and knowing that it will highly protect them from severe illness which allows them to return to a normal life even if that means getting infected (or reinfected).

Vaccination only works if enough people receive it to stop new and frequent (and potentially more severe) mutations that lead to the disease being here forever.

I am over 60, and will continue to wear a high quality mask in public settings or anyplace I need to be in contact with a group of people. I think HRH Prince Charles should do the same thing until the case counts greatly diminish and there are no new variants wreaking havoc (There is a new variant of Omicron now taking hold in South Africa). Having said that, I have never seen a picture where Charles is wearing anything other than a cloth mask, which isn't the most effective at protecting the wearer. He should be wearing better quality masks if he wants to mingle with folks and protect himself and his loved ones at the same time .

I total agree that Charles should be more cautious. Is he vaccinated?

Also, why didn't Camilla isolate? Her husband tested positive for Covid!!! She is a very close contact!!

At the very least she should have wear a mask when she was visiting that community kitchen!!

Charles has a responsibility to set good examples for the public. So does Camilla since she wants to be Queen Consort so badly.

Let's move on from debating about Covid--there's a separate thread for that, which is not this one. Further comments will be removed.

Frankly, Charles’ duties and obligations are important to him, but not in the general scheme of things. He could be out of action for a lengthy time- I hope not, though- and his duties could be carried on by others.

The only duties that any member of the royal family have to do are a few of those done by The Queen:

1. Attend the 10 yearly privy council meetings and approve legislation

2. The weekly audience with the PM when parliament is sitting - about 35 times a year

And that is it. Nothing else actually requires a royal at all, not even the State Opening of Parliament or the reading of the state papers (remember that the government deliberately withheld documents from Edward VIII fearing that they weren't secure in his care - so no need for him to even know about what was happening in the country).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10506199/Charles-Camilla-crowned-side.html

People can watch what they like; but watching two, probably by then, 80 year plus couple getting Crowned; is not for me!

Why watch what one 95 year old thinks about the world and the year every Christmas? But people do, in large numbers.

Would watching one elderly person get crowned be better for you? Most monarchs these days are middle aged at least before they become King/Queen, even if there has been an abdication and not a death.

Reading the article I think keeping the service Anglican but including other faith groups is a good idea. They were always going to stream line it a bit and make it shorter and less expensive.

I had a little giggle when I read that Charles was thinking of changing the crown atop the royal logo or badge from the current King Edward's Crown to the simpler Tudor crown. It makes it sound like it's a trivial, petty little thing but, when Charles becomes King they will have to have a new one ready to go as he cannot use his mother's.

The present crown also has "ERII" under the King Edward Crown so the style will have to change anyway to identify "CRII" so what's wrong with the crown also being changed . . . back to what it was in King Georges day.

I was fortunate to be given a classic brass "King George VII" cap badge by an elderly veteran. It does have cleaner lines and looks very unfussy when you look at it beside the Tudor cap badge.

Following the second Covid-19 infection of the Prince of Wales the Duchess of Cornwall has now tested positive as well, Clarence House has announced:

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating. We continue to follow government guidelines.

Following the second Covid-19 infection of the Prince of Wales the Duchess of Cornwall has now tested positive as well, Clarence House has announced:

Hope the symptoms are mild and she is better soon.

Charles testes positive and isolated. She was with him. The sensible thing to do would to have also isolate as a precaution. Instead she did not and went to an event with no mask or anything which had children, no less.. Now she has tested positive. Very irresponsible.

Charles testes positive and isolated. She was with him. The sensible thing to do would to have also isolate as a precaution. Instead she did not and went to an event with no mask or anything which had children, no less.. Now she has tested positive. Very irresponsible.

Her actions were in line with UK regulations and guidance.

Doesn't make it any less irresponsible.

Also now I wonder about HMQ. The palace refused to answer about her status after it was revealed Charles visited her. Now Charles and Camilla have it. It is not a stretch to worry that she might have it too.

Last edited:
Doesn't make it any less irresponsible.

Not sure I would classify following guidance as irresponsible, but I guess to each his own.

Last edited:
A lot of people aren't wearing masks nowadays, I think they should still do so as much as possible. But I'd say its likely that Camilla cuaght it from Charles as she lives with him and he might well have passed it on before he was diagnosed.

Not sure I would classify following guidance as irresponsible, but I guess to each his own.

I don't want to get into the politics of it all but yes to each their own. I for sure would not be attending public engagements the day my husband tests positive for Covid, knowing I was a close contact, only to test positive a few days later. She should have erred on the side of caution.

:previous: Yes they were.

I hope that she and Charles both have speedy and full recoveries with no lingering after effects.

I don't want to get into the politics of it all but yes to each their own. I for sure would not be attending public engagements the day my husband tests positive for Covid, knowing I was a close contact, only to test positive a few days later. She should have erred on the side of caution.

:previous: As future King and Queen they have a responsibility to demonstrate good behaviour.

The Japanese royals wear masks all the time. In Asian culture, wearing a mask is considered a sign of respect that shows consideration for other people. They are wearing masks to protect the other person, not necessarily to protect themselves.

It is obvious that Camilla and Charles wanted to do events following the Queen's announcement about Camilla's title, as part of their decades long PR campaign to improve Camilla's public image. But this positive Covid test is now blowing up in their face.

:previous: As future King and Queen they have a responsibility to demonstrate good behaviour.

The Japanese royals wear masks all the time. In Asian culture, wearing a mask is considered a sign of respect that shows consideration for other people. They are wearing masks to protect the other person, not necessarily to protect themselves.

I think some of these are cultural things, and vary from country to country. Each of us can choose what we think is appropriate. The thinking in the UK is that COVID is here to stay and we must learn to live with it.There are very few restrictions in place in the UK now. The government is even considering removing the requirement to isolate after a COVID positive test.

But this positive Covid test is now blowing up in their face.

Not quite, Camilla's actions were in line with current government guidelines. These things happen at this stage of the pandemic. On average, between 60,000 - 100,000 people in the UK test positive every day currently. The guidance is that if you have been in close contact with somebody who has tested positive, if you are fully vaccinated, you just need to test yourself. If negative, you go about your regular business.

Last edited:
It is obvious that Camilla and Charles wanted to do events following the Queen's announcement about Camilla's title, as part of their decades long PR campaign to improve Camilla's public image. But this positive Covid test is now blowing up in their face.

It hasn't damaged Camilla's public image.

She was following the legal guidance.

It is what it is. Nothing is a sure fire preventive from contracting Covid these days. I just hope that Charles and Camilla have a quick recovery from this bout of infection and are back doing what they do best.

WRONG (buzzer sound)

Maybe you should check the current guidance concerning Covid in the UK nowadays, you might be surprised ... (and i also note your very own consideration by obviously enjoying seeing someone getting sick ...).

Anyway, i'm not worried for our Camilla and wish her a speedy recovery !:flowers:

It hasn't damaged Camilla's public image.

She was following the legal guidance.

Well yes indeed she was.

Not sure why anyone would question what she did. She was following official guidance based on medical advise to the government.

Last edited:

I am not sure what the actions of the Japanese royals have to do with Camilla following English guidelines (Scotland slightly different for the moment).
Secondly they are regularly out and about doing visits, what makes you think they are only doing engagements to improve Camillas public image.
As for blowing up in her face, I tend to disagree.
We all need to learn to live with Covid.

WRONG (buzzer sound)

Maybe you should check the current guidance concerning Covid in the UK nowadays, you might be surprised ... (and i also note your very own consideration by obviously enjoying seeing someone getting sick ...).

Anyway, i'm not worried for our Camilla and wish her a speedy recovery !:flowers:

I absolutely do not enjoy seeing anyone getting sick. In fact I feel the exact opposite and that is why I find the news that Charles and Camilla tested positive very upsetting. Charles and Camilla are in a high risk group given their age. No one would blame them if they acted more cautiously.

My parents are in their 70s and I tell them to wear a mask when they go outside, regardless of the ever changing rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom