General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone. I just wanna know who are the parents of Sheikh khalifa bin sultan al nahyan (KSN_11)? How he is related to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Is his Mother the sister of Sheikh MBZ?

Sh. Khalifa son of sh. Sultan son of Hamdan Al-Nahyan. If my memory serve me right, I repeat If my memory serve me right he's great grandson of sh. Khalifa former ruler of Abu Dhabi it's means he's great grandnephew of sh. Mohammed bin Zayed the current ruler of Abu Dhabi. Not sure who's the mother is, but if he really indeed great grandson of sh. Khalifa then that's mean his mother is in no way sh. MBZ's sister

Hi, it's me again LOL ? okey here we go. I heard that these royals like to adopted orphans. I wonder if the orphans under their wing can married to the sheikh/sheikha?

Hello everyone. I just wanna know who are the parents of Sheikh khalifa bin sultan al nahyan (KSN_11)? How he is related to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Is his Mother the sister of Sheikh MBZ? And do you have any info about Sheikh Hamdan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan Al Nahyan( brother of Sheikh Theyab bin Khalifa bin hamdan Al Nahyan) his intagram is private that is why I don't have any info about him

Father: Sultan bin Hamdan
Mother: a daughter of late President Khalifa bin Zayed
Paternal Grandfather: Hamdan bin Mohamed
Paternal Grandmother: Maryam bint Abdullah Al Falasi
Maternal Grandfather: Khalifa bin Zayed
Maternal Grandmother: Shamsa bint Suhail Al Mazrouei

His father Sheikh Sultan is full brother of Salama bint Hamdan, wife of President Mohamed bin Zayed.

Sheikh Khalifa bin Sultan is engaged to Hessa bint Mohamed bin Zayed, youngest daughter of the President, a first cousin marriage through his father and her mother.

Hello everyone. I just wanna know who are the parents of Sheikh khalifa bin sultan al nahyan (KSN_11)? How he is related to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Is his Mother the sister of Sheikh MBZ? And do you have any info about Sheikh Hamdan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan Al Nahyan( brother of Sheikh Theyab bin Khalifa bin hamdan Al Nahyan) his intagram is private that is why I don't have any info about him

Hamdan bin Khalifa is the third or fourth son of Khalifa bin Hamdan (eldest brother of Sultan bin Hamdan, Salama bint Hamdan and others). He has four brothers (Mohamed, Dhiyab, Mubarak and Nahyan) and two known sisters (the wife of Mohamed bin Nahyan bin Mubarak and the wife of Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed). He is not married.

Last edited:
Sheikh Khalifa bin Sultan is engaged to Hessa bint Mohamed bin Zayed, youngest daughter of the President, a first cousin marriage through his father and her mother.

Do you know when this matchmaking usually take place? Like how old are the couples when they start the engagement? I heard sh. Sheikha sister of sh. Hamdan Maktoum got engaged when she just 12 years old, so I wonder if it's the same at others royals house

Do you know when this matchmaking usually take place? Like how old are the couples when they start the engagement? I heard sh. Sheikha sister of sh. Hamdan Maktoum got engaged when she just 12 years old, so I wonder if it's the same at others royals house

Khalifa is probably in his late 20's and Hessa is 21, the engagement was announced last may or june. It's hard to tell, but i think Khalifa has always been seen as the perfect candidate to marry Hessa (as nephew of Salama, grandson of Khalifa, son of longtime president's adviser Sultan)

In the case of President Mohamed's family, his eldest son, Khalid, is from 1982 and married in 2008 (26 years); second son Dhiyab is from 1987 and married in 2013 (26); third son Hamdan is from early 90's and married in 2021 (probably 30 years old); fourth son Zayed is 27 and single or engaged.

Eldest daughter is from 1980/81 and married in 2006 (25/26), second daughter married in 2002 (probably 18-20 years), third and fourth daughters are from early 90's and married in 2012 and 2017 respectively (early 20's in both cases), and the youngest is from 2001 and engaged.

In the case of President Mohamed's family, his eldest son, Khalid, is from 1982 and married in 2008 (26 years); second son Dhiyab is from 1987 and married in 2013 (26); third son Hamdan is from early 90's and married in 2021 (probably 30 years old); fourth son Zayed is 27 and single or engaged.

Thanks a lot, according to information you provided sh. Dhiyab married to daughter of sh. Hamdan bin Zayed, I think her name is Latifa. How about sh. Hamdan, do you know who's he married to? Thanks again :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, according to information you provided sh. Dhiyab married to daughter of sh. Hamdan bin Zayed, I think her name is Latifa. How about sh. Hamdan, do you know who's he married to? Thanks again :flowers:

Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed married a daughter of Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamdan. (Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamdan is brother of Hamdan's mother, Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan, making a first cousin marriage). She gave birth last week to a boy named Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed.

Father: Sultan bin Hamdan
Mother: a daughter of late President Khalifa bin Zayed
Paternal Grandfather: Hamdan bin Mohamed
Paternal Grandmother: Maryam bint Abdullah Al Falasi
Maternal Grandfather: Khalifa bin Zayed
Maternal Grandmother: Shamsa bint Suhail Al Mazrouei

His father Sheikh Sultan is full brother of Salama bint Hamdan, wife of President Mohamed bin Zayed.

Thank you very much for the informations. You seem knowledgeable enough about the Al Nahyan. I just wanna ask also any update about Sheikh Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. He's the only bachelor son of Sheikh MBZ. Is there any potential bride for him?

Thank you very much for the informations. You seem knowledgeable enough about the Al Nahyan. I just wanna ask also any update about Sheikh Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. He's the only bachelor son of Sheikh MBZ. Is there any potential bride for him?

it is almost impossible to predict, in most cases we only know of the girl's existence when she marries

maybe Salama bint Hazza bin Zayed; maybe a daughter of Sultan bin Khalifa; possibly a granddaughter of Khalifa bin Zayed; possibly a granddaughter of Tahnoun bin Mohamed (Tahnoun sons Saeed, Hamad, Sultan and Mansour have daughters; sons-in-law Hamdan bin Mubarak, Rashid bin Hamdan and Khalifa bin Mohamed bin Khalid also have); Saeed bin Saif is married to a daughter of Salama's eldest sister and has daughter; Nahyan bin Hamdan is half-brother of Salama and has daughter...

all these options are available, and MBZ has the final word

There's polling about "the most beautiful girl/boys of Maktoum dynasty" and I think sh. Majida or sh. Mahra got the majority votes. There's probably more beautiful girl then them in Maktoum's dynasty, but because they're out of radar they didn't got nominated. I wonder if there's polling for Al-Nahyan too, and who's gonna got the majority votes? Al-Nahyan got so many handsome boys though MasyaAllah, so it's kind of hard to know the result :lol: what do you think ?

There's polling about "the most beautiful girl/boys of Maktoum dynasty" and I think sh. Majida or sh. Mahra got the majority votes. There's probably more beautiful girl then them in Maktoum's dynasty, but because they're out of radar they didn't got nominated. I wonder if there's polling for Al-Nahyan too, and who's gonna got the majority votes? Al-Nahyan got so many handsome boys though MasyaAllah, so it's kind of hard to know the result :lol: what do you think ?

i think the winner would be one of them
Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed
Hamdan bin Saeed bin Zayed
Mohamed bin Sultan bin Khalifa
Dhiyab bin Khalifa bin Hamdan
Khalifa bin Sultan bin Hamdan

i think the winner would be one of them
Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed
Hamdan bin Saeed bin Zayed
Mohamed bin Sultan bin Khalifa
Dhiyab bin Khalifa bin Hamdan
Khalifa bin Sultan bin Hamdan

I agree with you, on most of them :flowers:. Except that, i didnt know what sh. hamdan bin saeed & Dhiyab bin Khalifa looks like. As for the women, since there's not much info about them i dont know who's gonna got the majority vote. The active sheikha from Al-Nahyan Family who's willing to be photograph till now only sh. MBZ'grandchildren and sh. Mansour's daughter from sh. Manal. They are all equally beautiful though :flowers: but I wonder is there any primadona between Al-Nahyan girl just like the case of sh. Majida & Sh. Mahra from Maktoum dinasty who's heavily praised by their beauty at that time. I think sh. Mahra at one point even got nominated as one of the most beautiful girl in arab country along with her half sister sh. Manal

I wanna know your opinion about Sheikh khalifa bin sultan bin hamdan on his engagement to Sheikha Hessa Mbz. I feel like hessa is too good for him. I heard that she's a very intelligent young lady. Do you think they are compatible since ksn is too outgoing and would it be nice if Hessa's future husband would be in politics just like her father and her brothers?

I agree with you, on most of them :flowers:. Except that, i didnt know what sh. hamdan bin saeed & Dhiyab bin Khalifa looks like. As for the women, since there's not much info about them i dont know who's gonna got the majority vote. The active sheikha from Al-Nahyan Family who's willing to be photograph till now only sh. MBZ'grandchildren and sh. Mansour's daughter from sh. Manal. They are all equally beautiful though :flowers: but I wonder is there any primadona between Al-Nahyan girl just like the case of sh. Majida & Sh. Mahra from Maktoum dinasty who's heavily praised by their beauty at that time. I think sh. Mahra at one point even got nominated as one of the most beautiful girl in arab country along with her half sister sh. Manal

this is dhiyab bin khalifa:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/fc/7e/22fc7e886de79466f12da01b5ee98840.jpg

this is hamdan bin saeed:
https://www.albayan.ae/polopoly_fs/1.3115227.1511910699!/image/image.jpg

fatima bint hazza bin zayed (beautiful al nahyan girl):
https://en.vogue.me/fashion/fine-je...nahyan-bvlgari-chapter-two-jannah-collection/

salama bint hazza bin zayed (sister of fatima):
https://www.abouther.com/sites/default/files/2021/08/06/emirati_female_authors.jpg

shamma bint sultan bin khalifa (same face of her brothers Zayed and Mohamed):
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Shamma_Cropped.png

I wanna know your opinion about Sheikh khalifa bin sultan bin hamdan on his engagement to Sheikha Hessa Mbz. I feel like hessa is too good for him. I heard that she's a very intelligent young lady. Do you think they are compatible since ksn is too outgoing and would it be nice if Hessa's future husband would be in politics just like her father and her brothers?

it's all about politics

since becoming ruler of Abu Dhabi, MBZ has not yet appointed a crown prince; there's a succession battle between Hazza bin Zayed, Tahnoun bin Zayed, Mansour bin Zayed and Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed, i think the president wants to name his son, but he needs support of different branches of the family.

family of Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Hamdan:

first wife: Salha bint Zayed bin Saqr bin Zayed (the first) Al Nahyan
Children:
Hamdan (m. to Rafia bint Tahnoun bin Zayed bin Saqr bin Zayed the first Al Nahyan)
Ahmed (m. to Latifa bint Khalifa bin Saif bin Mohamed Al Nahyan)
Abdullah (m. to Latifa bint Maktoum bin Rashid Al Nahyan, daughter of the Ruler of Dubai between 1990-2006)
Khalid (m. to Maryam bint Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, daughter of the current ruler of Dubai)
Latifa (m. to Hasher bin Maktoum bin Mohamed bin Hasher Al Maktoum)
Shamsa (m. to Saqr bin Sultan bin Dhiyab bin Saqr bin Zayed the first Al Nahyan)

second wife: Mouza bint Zayed Al Nahyan, daughter of Sheikh Zayed
Children:
Aisha (single)
Maryam (single)
Hessa (single)
Fatima (m. to Hamdan bin Saeed bin Zayed Al Nahyan)
Salama (single)

Branches of Al Nahyan:

Descendants of Zayed the first/the great (ruled Abu Dhabi from 1855 to 1909):
His eldest son, Khalifa, refused to rule
His successor was Tahnoun, the second son, who died childless (died peacefully or was killed by his brother and sucessor Hamdan)
Hamdan ruled and was killed by his brother Sultan
Sultan ruled and was killed by his brother Saqr
Saqr ruled and was killed by his brother Khalifa (the eldest son)
Khalifa again refused to rule, Khalifa's only son Mohamed also refused to rule

Hamdan, Saqr and Mohamed (son of Khalifa) form three diffrent branches
Sultan had four sons, three of them form branches (Shakhbout, Khalid and Zayed)

Shakhbout ruled after the death of Saqr (1928 to 1966) and Zayed, the founder of the UAE ruled (1966 to 2004). Zayed branch owns the throne.

when you see an Al Nahyan named Saqr, take note that he is a member of the Saqr branch (Saqr killed Sultan, and Sultan's descendants rules Abu Dhabi since 1928, they don't give "Saqr" name to his sons, this branch is totally marginalized from power)

Hamdan had a son also named Hamdan, and Hamdan (the son) had Mohamed; this branch is an ally of Saqr branch (Hamdan was killed by Sultan and Sultan was killed by Saqr) and of the Al Maktoum (Hamdan's daughter Latifa married Rashid Al Maktoum, her son Mohamed bin Rashid is the ruler of Dubai)

Mohamed branch is the second most powerful; Mohamed bin Khalifa had seven sons: Hamdan, Mubarak, Tahnoun, Saif, Khalifa, Surour and Saeed; when you see a family member named "bin Mohamed Al Nahyan", he is from this branch.
Example: Khalifa bin Sultan bin Hamdan bin Mohamed, Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed, Nahyan bin Mubarak bin Mohamed, Salama bint Hamdan bin Mohamed...

Shakhbout had two sons: Saeed and Sultan. Saeed had Tahnoun, Sultan had Khalifa. "bin Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shakhbout" and "bint Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakbout" are from this branch

Khalid had Mohamed, Mohamed had Khalifa, Sultan, Hamdan and Abdullah. "bin Mohamed bin Khalid" is from this branch

Branches of Al Nahyan:

Descendants of Zayed the first/the great (ruled Abu Dhabi from 1855 to 1909):
His eldest son, Khalifa, refused to rule
His successor was Tahnoun, the second son, who died childless (died peacefully or was killed by his brother and sucessor Hamdan)
Hamdan ruled and was killed by his brother Sultan
Sultan ruled and was killed by his brother Saqr
Saqr ruled and was killed by his brother Khalifa (the eldest son)
Khalifa again refused to rule, Khalifa's only son Mohamed also refused to rule

Hamdan, Saqr and Mohamed (son of Khalifa) form three diffrent branches
Sultan had four sons, three of them form branches (Shakhbout, Khalid and Zayed)

Shakhbout ruled after the death of Saqr (1928 to 1966) and Zayed, the founder of the UAE ruled (1966 to 2004). Zayed branch owns the throne.

when you see an Al Nahyan named Saqr, take note that he is a member of the Saqr branch (Saqr killed Sultan, and Sultan's descendants rules Abu Dhabi since 1928, they don't give "Saqr" name to his sons, this branch is totally marginalized from power)

Hamdan had a son also named Hamdan, and Hamdan (the son) had Mohamed; this branch is an ally of Saqr branch (Hamdan was killed by Sultan and Sultan was killed by Saqr) and of the Al Maktoum (Hamdan's daughter Latifa married Rashid Al Maktoum, her son Mohamed bin Rashid is the ruler of Dubai)

Mohamed branch is the second most powerful; Mohamed bin Khalifa had seven sons: Hamdan, Mubarak, Tahnoun, Saif, Khalifa, Surour and Saeed; when you see a family member named "bin Mohamed Al Nahyan", he is from this branch.
Example: Khalifa bin Sultan bin Hamdan bin Mohamed, Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed, Nahyan bin Mubarak bin Mohamed, Salama bint Hamdan bin Mohamed...

Shakhbout had two sons: Saeed and Sultan. Saeed had Tahnoun, Sultan had Khalifa. "bin Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shakhbout" and "bint Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakbout" are from this branch

Khalid had Mohamed, Mohamed had Khalifa, Sultan, Hamdan and Abdullah. "bin Mohamed bin Khalid" is from this branch
Didn't know this family has a long history of political alliances, I thought they just want their children to remain having the last name Al Nahyan. But I hope they learn to love each other even if they married because of politics. Sheikh MBZ really made sure his children get married to the strongest branch. So I think his son zayed mbz will end up with someone's daughter from the stronger branch that you had mentioned.

Didn't know this family has a long history of political alliances, I thought they just want their children to remain having the last name Al Nahyan. But I hope they learn to love each other even if they married because of politics. Sheikh MBZ really made sure his children get married to the strongest branch. So I think his son zayed mbz will end up with someone's daughter from the stronger branch that you had mentioned.

Most royal families it seems consider marriage akin to a business transaction, a good partner can step in and focus on the areas the other is not the best at. Some families, the Rothschilds were notorious for not providing a dowry for the woman in the family in the hopes that they would marry males within the family. This proved beneficial for the family as their wealth continued to be passed down intergenerationally rather than being slowly diminished with each marriage to a male outside the family

al nahyan weddings are all about money and power
the succession dispute between Khalifa bin Zayed and Mohamed bin Zayed influenced most of MBZ's children marriages; Khalifa was son of Hessa bint Mohamed, MBZ is son of Fatima Al Ketbi, so Khalifa was the favorite of Mohamed's branch, Sheikh Mohamed needed to gain support of these sheikhs

Khalid married Fatima bint Surour bin Mohamed
Hamdan married Fakhra bint Khalifa bin Hamdan bin Mohamed
Maryam married Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed
Shamsa married Mohamed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed
Fatima married Nahyan bin Saif bin Mohamed
Hessa will marry Khalifa bin Sultan bin Hamdan bin Mohamed

Sheikh Mohamed himself married Salama bint Hamdan bin Mohamed

the exceptions are Dhiyab and Shamma, who married children of Hamdan bin Zayed.

now that Khalifa is dead, i think the priority of MBZ is create alliances and gain support to appoint his eldest son Khalid as Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Zayed's marriage probably will be influenced by that

Last edited:
it's all about politics

since becoming ruler of Abu Dhabi, MBZ has not yet appointed a crown prince; there's a succession battle between Hazza bin Zayed, Tahnoun bin Zayed, Mansour bin Zayed and Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed, i think the president wants to name his son, but he needs support of different branches of the family.
What if the marriage didn't work out? What if they don't feel happy together? Does the parents think about it or they let their children know their future partner first before they decide to get them into marrying?

it's all about politics

What if the son married for a 2nd wife is that effect to the alliances?

What if the marriage didn't work out? What if they don't feel happy together? Does the parents think about it or they let their children know their future partner first before they decide to get them into marrying?

they divorce, but Al Nahyan men remarry, Al Nahyan women remains single for life. they know each other well, they are all cousins :lol: but if you're asking if they date, i'm not sure, i think it's a parent's choice.

What if the son married for a 2nd wife is that effect to the alliances?

sure, in Al Nahyan, half-brothers always fight for power, is better for the stability of the family (and the stability of the country, consequently) that sheiks be monogamous

they divorce, but Al Nahyan men remarry, Al Nahyan women remains single for life. they know each other well, they are all cousins :lol: but if you're asking if they date, i'm not sure, i think it's a parent's choice.

I think I read somewhere that there was a al maktoum woman who divorced by al nahayn men then she left the country and lived with his uncle who was very close to her like a father

regarding Sheikh Zayed bin Mohamed potential brides, i wouldn't be surprised if he ended up marrying to Fatima bint Mansour bin Zayed; when he turns 30, she will be 19.
it would be an alliance between Mohamed bin Zayed, Mansour bin Zayed and Mohamed bin Rashid.

if it wasn't for the age difference, it would be almost a certainty

or he will marry a sheikha from Mohamed branch that no ever heard :lol:

I think I read somewhere that there was a al maktoum woman who divorced by al nahayn men then she left the country and lived with his uncle who was very close to her like a father

I didn't know this story

Why so much delay in naming the new Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi? If there is a confusion amongst 2 or 3 or 4 contenders, why can't they do voting system?

Why so much delay in naming the new Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi? If there is a confusion amongst 2 or 3 or 4 contenders, why can't they do voting system?
I think because MBZ wants his son to be appointed as the crown prince but his not yet sure if his son can get the majority votes from the other emirates especially his contenders are his uncles who has a great influence to the other emirates and to the people who will do the voting.

because there is a big difference between what is best for Abu Dhabi now, for what's best for Abu Dhabi when Sheikh Mohammed dies (saving illness, coup/assassination or accident, he will die in the late 2030s or early 2040s, when his brothers will also be old)

he earns nothing by appointing an heir now, he is waiting for his eldest son to gain experience and power

Candidates:
Hazza bin Zayed (only four years younger than MBZ), Deputy Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council (equivalent to Deputy Prime Minister of Abu Dhabi)
Tahnoun bin Zayed (seven years younger), National Security Advisor (head of UAE intelligence)
Mansour bin Zayed (nine years younger), Deputy Prime Minister of UAE
Khalid bin Mohamed (21 years younger), Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Office (executive branch of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council)

now, Tahnoun is the most powerful, Hazza is the most experienced and Mansour is the most popular, but opting for lateral succession can cause instability for the country, Khalid may be the best option

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom