General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grandchildren of Tahnoon bin Mohammed and Shamsa bint Zayed

◑Hazza - Mouza bint Mohammed bin Khalid

Shamsa bint Hazza
Hamda bint Hazza (2004)
Zayed bin Hazza
Tahnoon bin Hazza (2016)

◑Mohammed - Mariam bint Mohamed bin Zayed

Tahnoon bin Mohammed (2011)
Zayed bin Mohammed (2014)

◑Theyab - Latifa bint Khalifa bin Zayed

Hessa bint Theyab (2013)
Shamsa bint Theyab (2015)
Tahnoon bin Theyab (2017)

◑ Khalifa - Salama bint Hamdan bin Zayed

Fatima bint Khalifa (2016)
Mohammed bin Khalifa (2018)

◑Latifa - Mohammed bin Hamdan bin Zayed

Hamdan bin Mohammed (2016)

◑Maitha - Khalid bin Sultan bin Zayed

Shamsa bint Khalid (2017)
Zayed bin Khalid (2019)

His mother, wife, children all are here

Last edited:
Puchu
I’m new.trying to understand.
Very confused by the names though

Branches of Al Nahyan:

Descendants of Zayed the first/the great (ruled Abu Dhabi from 1855 to 1909):
His eldest son, Khalifa, refused to rule
His successor was Tahnoun, the second son, who died childless (died peacefully or was killed by his brother and sucessor Hamdan)
Hamdan ruled and was killed by his brother Sultan
Sultan ruled and was killed by his brother Saqr
Saqr ruled and was killed by his brother Khalifa (the eldest son)
Khalifa again refused to rule, Khalifa's only son Mohamed also refused to rule

Hamdan, Saqr and Mohamed (son of Khalifa) form three diffrent branches
Sultan had four sons, three of them form branches (Shakhbout, Khalid and Zayed)

Shakhbout ruled after the death of Saqr (1928 to 1966) and Zayed, the founder of the UAE ruled (1966 to 2004). Zayed branch owns the throne.

when you see an Al Nahyan named Saqr, take note that he is a member of the Saqr branch (Saqr killed Sultan, and Sultan's descendants rules Abu Dhabi since 1928, they don't give "Saqr" name to his sons, this branch is totally marginalized from power)

Hamdan had a son also named Hamdan, and Hamdan (the son) had Mohamed; this branch is an ally of Saqr branch (Hamdan was killed by Sultan and Sultan was killed by Saqr) and of the Al Maktoum (Hamdan's daughter Latifa married Rashid Al Maktoum, her son Mohamed bin Rashid is the ruler of Dubai)

Mohamed branch is the second most powerful; Mohamed bin Khalifa had seven sons: Hamdan, Mubarak, Tahnoun, Saif, Khalifa, Surour and Saeed; when you see a family member named "bin Mohamed Al Nahyan", he is from this branch.
Example: Khalifa bin Sultan bin Hamdan bin Mohamed, Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed, Nahyan bin Mubarak bin Mohamed, Salama bint Hamdan bin Mohamed...

Shakhbout had two sons: Saeed and Sultan. Saeed had Tahnoun, Sultan had Khalifa. "bin Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shakhbout" and "bint Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakbout" are from this branch

Khalid had Mohamed, Mohamed had Khalifa, Sultan, Hamdan and Abdullah. "bin Mohamed bin Khalid" is from this branch

This may help you to find who is who. Sad to say that they only use 20-25 names. Both for Sheikhs and Sheikha. They also name children after honorable members like Khalifa, Mohammed, Tahnoon. So, we have to see atleast their 2 ancestors name

Feiraguy, now I see huge chance of Khaled's son Mohammed and Khalifa's daughter Fatima's wedding. Age gap is compatible and both are powerful

Are you talking about Zayed bin Mohamed? Don't you think that the uncle/niece relationship between Nahyan bin Saif/Fatima bint Abdullah does not make Fatima bint Abdullah unviable? I believe that her does not bring anything new to Mohamed bin Zayed and his family, I cannot see this chances that you see.

Feiraguy, we also missed another point. Despite being the full niece of Abdullah, Fatima MbZ and Abdullah are involved in laws relationship. So, Mubarak bin Nahyan still has the chance for Mouza bint Saif bin Zayed and Fatima bint Abdullah thing is not going to be eliminated. Though I see less chance like you. But I wish Mouza bint Saif for Zayed MbZ

Moreover, I dont know if you have observed the same thing like me, Mansour's sons are always with Abdullah's sons now-a-days. If Mohammed bin Mansoor and Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamad union is on the line, then I dont see the chance for Fatima Mansour and Zayed bin Mohammed bin Hamad. Mansour's children used to travel with hind's daughters till 2018/2019. For some years, they are more with Al Nahyans.

Mohammed bin Abdullah is from 2004 and has graduated from high school this year. I see this going to be happened and I cannot select anyone for Mohammed bin Hazza. His age and his father's eligibility left him lots of options with High status Sheikhas

Last edited:
Feiraguy, now I see huge chance of Khaled's son Mohammed and Khalifa's daughter Fatima's wedding. Age gap is compatible and both are powerful

For sure; If before that she was already a strong candidate, now her chances have increased significantly

Khalifa bin Tahnoun will be the Crown Prince's right-hand man for many years, this can make the match easier; not to mention that Fatima bint Surour and Salama bint Hamdan bin Zayed are close related

Feiraguy, we also missed another point. Despite being the full niece of Abdullah, Fatima MbZ and Abdullah are involved in laws relationship. So, Mubarak bin Nahyan still has the chance for Mouza bint Saif bin Zayed and Fatima bint Abdullah thing is not going to be eliminated. Though I see less chance like you. But I wish Mouza bint Saif for Zayed MbZ

Moreover, I dont know if you have observed the same thing like me, Mansour's sons are always with Abdullah's sons now-a-days. If Mohammed bin Mansoor and Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamad union is on the line, then I dont see the chance for Fatima Mansour and Zayed bin Mohammed bin Hamad. Mansour's children used to travel with hind's daughters till 2018/2019. For some years, they are more with Al Nahyans.

Mohammed bin Abdullah is from 2004 and has graduated from high school this year. I see this going to be happened and I cannot select anyone for Mohammed bin Hazza. His age and his father's eligibility left him lots of options with High status Sheikhas

It's very complicated to imagine all these scenarios, I admire your effort

It has been a long time without a big Al Nahyan wedding, I believe that in these last months of the year there may be some wedding and engagement announcements that will clarify our doubts

You said before that Hazza bin Zayed has the possibility to become Ruler's representative in Al Ain. Also, You have the thought that Saif bin Zayed will be replaced by his nephew Mohammed bin Tahnoon.
This year, Zayed bin Saif bin Zayed graduated from a school of Al Ain. So, this says that Saif lives in Al Ain. Not only him, Tahnoon's family live in Al Ain except for his sons who work in Abudhabi. Some of his nephew or nieces also live in Al Ain.
So, do you think after Tahnoon's death, his brother in law Saif will occupy his position? As you see possibility of full brother of MbZ for that position, will they want to be there? Moreover, Hazza bin Tahnoon is the under-secretary of ruler's representative there. Any tea about this?

Last edited:
It has been a long time without a big Al Nahyan wedding, I believe that in these last months of the year there may be some wedding and engagement announcements that will clarify our doubts

I am badly waiting for these moments. Only three weddings in 9 months. Everyday I see Al Nahyans attending wedding of other families

You said before that Hazza bin Zayed has the possibility to become Ruler's representative in Al Ain. Also, You have the thought that Saif bin Zayed will be replaced by his nephew Mohammed bin Tahnoon.
This year, Zayed bin Saif bin Zayed graduated from a school of Al Ain. So, this says that Saif lives in Al Ain. Not only him, Tahnoon's family live in Al Ain except for his sons who work in Abudhabi. Some of his nephew or nieces also live in Al Ain.
So, do you think after Tahnoon's death, his brother in law Saif will occupy his position? As you see possibility of full brother of MbZ for that position, will they want to be there? Moreover, Hazza bin Tahnoon is the under-secretary of ruler's representative there. Any tea about this?

No, I believe this position is reserved for Bani Fatima.

Mohamed bin Zayed is not an option for obvious reasons, Hamdan is not an option because he holds the position in Al Dhafrah, Mansour is not an option because he is Vice President. So Hazza, Tahnoun and Abdullah are more viable options than Saif.

As this position completely deviates from the public image that Tahnoun bin Zayed has created in recent years, as a guy who only appears at the most important political events, I don't imagine him dealing with citizens' issues. I see Hazza and Abdullah as the favorites.

Like Saif, Abdullah will also be replaced by a nephew in the coming years; both will probably lose their positions in the same period.

Hazza bin Tahnoun occupies a ceremonial position, there are not many important details about his work.

How old is Alyazia, Abdullah bin zayed’s wife?
Can someone do the ages of her siblings including her half siblings.I gather she is the youngest of the 9 full siblings she has?

I gather she is the youngest of the 9 full siblings she has?

She has more than 9 full siblings. I learned about her 2 sisters, Mahra and Latifa from fan pages. Anyone can be the youngest. It can be Nahyan or she or her 2 recently known sisters.

Theyab bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout is marrying a daughter of Hamdan bin Mubarak. The wedding is on 9th October. Another son of Khalifa's Al Dhaheri wife is marrying Tahnoon's granddaughter......

Fourth Al Nahyan wedding of 2023.

Last edited:
Theyab bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout is marrying a daughter of Hamdan bin Mubarak. The wedding is on 9th October. This Al Dhaheri wife's sons are marrying another Tahnoon's granddaughter......

Fourth Al Nahyan wedding of 2023.
Do you have the link of the wedding announcement? Or their IG accounts?

Invitation card for men's reception:

https://instagram.com/stories/shakbott/3207433772000516312?igshid=ODk2MDJkZDc2Zg==

This is in story.

The groom:

https://instagram.com/sh.tks?igshid=NzZhOTFlYzFmZQ==

I don't know bride's name.

Last edited:
So Dhiyab bin Mohamed was appointed "Chairman of the Office for Development at the Presidential Court"

It's not clear what responsibilities he will have, but it's a bit disappointing that he hasn't managed to become the head of a real ministry.

This seems to me to indicate that Mansour will remain as Minister of the Presidential Court for a few more years; and also indicates that Dhiyab will focus on citizens' affairs, not strategic matters (military, intelligence, diplomacy) in his career

but the media says president appointed him............ as a minister. Though (no ministry literally, but mentions as with the rank of minister). I think he will get more important position in next year.

his position has the rank of minister, but he is not the head of a ministry

Perhaps it will be a transitional position, so that he can prepare to become Minister of the Presidential Court (which is my prediction); let's see how long this will take

Descendants of Sheikh Shakhbout:

First Generation:
Shakhbout bin Sultan (m. Fakhra bint Hazza)

Second Generation
Saeed bin Shakhbout (m. Mahra bint Khalid bin Sultan* and Sabha bint Mohamed Al Khaili*)
Sultan bin Shakhbout (m. Meera bint Rashid bin Hafeez Al Mazrouei)
Osha bint Shakhbout (m. Mubarak bin Mohamed Al Nahyan)
Moza bint Shakhbout (m. Hamdan bin Mohamed Al Nahyan - childless)
Gout bint Shakhbout (m. Khalifa bin Mohamed Al Nahyan - childless)
Rawdah bint Shakhbout (m. Mohamed bin Khalid Al Nahyan - childless)l

Mahra is the mother of Tahnoun, Wadeema, Mozah and Alyazia; Sabha is the mother of Fakhra

Third generation
Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shakhbout (m. Latifa bint Zayed - he remarried but we don't know his wife's name -)
Wadeema bint Saeed bin Shakhbout (? - probably unmarried)
Mozah bint Saeed bin Shakhbout (m. Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout)
Alyazia bint Saeed bin Shakhbout (? - probably unmarried)
Fakhra bint Saeed bin Shakhbout (m. Nahyan bin Mubarak)
Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout (m. Mozah bint Saeed bin Shakhbout* and Afrah bint Abdullah bin Ahmed Al Dhaheri*)
Ahmed bin Mubarak (m. Mozah bint Hamdan)
Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. Fakhra bint Saeed bin Shakhbout
Hamdan bin Mubarak (m. daughter of Tahnoun bin Mohamed)
Mozah bint Mubarak (m. Khalifa bin Hamdan)
Fakhra bint Mubarak (m. Saeed bin Tahnoun)

Mozah is the mother of Saeed, Hazza, Hamdan, Zayed, Tahnoun, Falah; Afrah is the mother of Sultan, Mohamed, Khalid, Shakhbout, Dhiyab, Salama, Maryam

Fourth Generation:

Bint Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shalhbout (m. Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Khalid Al Qassimi)
Sultan bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout (m. Alyazia bint Surour Al Dhaheri)
Khalid bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout (m. daughter of Hamad bin Tahnoun)
Dhiyab bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout (m. daughter of Hamdan bin Mubarak)
Hazza bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout (m. daughter of Ahmed bin Abdullah bin Ahmer Al Falasi)
Zayed bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout (m. daughter of Sultan bin Khalifa)
Bint Ahmed bin Mubarak (m. Saeed bin Saif bin Mohamed)
Bint Ahmed bin Mubarak (m. Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Hamdan)
Bint Ahmed bin Mubarak (m. Ahmed bin Dalmouk Al Maktoum)
Mohamed bin Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. daughter of Khalifa bin Hamdan)
Shakhbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. daughter of Hamdan bin Zayed)
Bint Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. Omar bin Zayed)
Bint Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. Khalid bin Zayed)
Bint Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. Dhiyab bin Saif bin Mohamed)
Bint Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. Dhiyab bin Khalifa bin Hamdan)
Bint Nahyan bin Mubarak (m. Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Mohamed bin Khalid)
Mubarak bin Hamdan bin Mubarak (m. daughter of Saeed bin Saif)
Bint Hamdan bin Mubarak (m. Mohamed bin Ahmed bin Hamdan)
Bint Hamdan bin Mubarak (m. Dhiyab bin Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout)
Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Hamdan (m. daughter of Ahmed bin Mubarak)
Dhiyab bin Khalifa bin Hamdan (m. daughter of Nahyan bin Mubarak)
Hamdan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan (m. daughter of Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Hamdan)
Mubarak bin Khalifa bin Hamdan (m. daughter of Khalifa bin Saif)
Bint Khalifa bin Hamdan (m. Mohamed bin Nahyan bin Mubarak)
Bint Khalifa bin Hamdan (m. Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed)
Hamdan bin Saeed bin Tahnoun (m. daughter of Khalifa bin Mohamed bin Khalid)
Bint Saeed bin Tahnoun (m. Marwan bin Rashid Al Mualla)
Bint Saeed bin Tahnoun (m. Ahmed bin Nasser bin Zayed)

Fifth Generation:

Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Saif (m. daughter of Sultan bin Khalifa, but divorced)
Bint Saeed bin Saif (m. Zayed bin Hamad bin Hamdan)
Bint Saeed bin Saif (m. Mubarak bin Hamdan bin Mubarak)

updated with the new marriage

The name of the bride is Moza bint Hamdan.

Is there any possibility Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak has more daughters and we only get to know them when they get married? Also, does he have more wives? Maitha is his youngest child?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs_zfsbPagz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

There is the possibility that he has more daughters, I think we have already discussed that here; there is a big gap in the age of the oldest children to the youngest (Maitha and Mohamed), we agree that there could be daughters in between; I don't think we even knew about this daughter who got married this week

the two youngest are Maitha and Mohamed

and yes he only has one wife

Back
Top Bottom