Greek Royal Jewels of the Past

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queeen Frederica was a real big jewels lover . She bought the Roumanian huge sapphire....
Yes indeed and wore them so well ,the current Greek RF jewels collection owes a lot to the late Queen Frederica.

As we know, a tiara formerly in the collection of Princess Eugenie of Greece and Denmark was actioned at Hindman Auctions. The tiara, known as the Radzwill tiara, was made in the second half of the 19th century for Princess Dolores Radziwill and was worn by Princess Eugenie at her wedding to Prince Dominik in 1938.
Since then, the tiara has been a bit of a mystery and had not been seen in decades before the December 2020 auction. At the time it was revealed that the 7 largest diamonds had been replaced with pastes by a previous owner.

Today, while looking at some pictures from Victoria Romanova Bettarini's interview with Point de View about her choice of Chaumet on Royal Musings (pic 3) and noticed another familiar shape among the tiara choices!
It seems that Chaumet have purchased the tiara for their collection and have removed the pastes!
The maker of the tiara has never been publicly identified, but maybe this acquisition confirms that it's Chaumet?

At least two other tiara appear to share a similar design, as seen in this photograph of Chaumet designs - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/a2/00/c2a2006387dfa5f4cfaa2719a0591a3c.jpg

It would be interesting to see if it will be included in an upcoming exhibition.

I don't think there's a more appropriate thread for this, so I'm posting it here.

I stumbled on this photo of Princess Tatiana Radziwill from 1964 wearing Queen Sofia of Sweden's pear spike and star tiara! Maybe it was loaned to her for an event celebrating the wedding of Princess Anne-Marie and King Constantine II in Copenhagen that year.
The tiara currently belongs to Princess Benedikte of Denmark and has been loaned to Queen Anne-Marie at least once.

Image credit:
IMAGO / United Archives International

Last edited:
I don't think there's a more appropriate thread for this, so I'm posting it here.

I stumbled on this photo Princess Tatiana Radziwill from 1964 wearing Queen Sofia of Sweden's pear spike and star tiara! Maybe it was loaned to her for an event celebrating the wedding of Princess Anne-Marie and King Constantine II in Copenhagen that year.
The tiara currently belongs to Princess Benedikte of Denmark and has been loaned to Queen Anne-Marie at least once.

Image credit:
Princess Tatiana was a frequent guest in Scandinavia during the early-to-mid sixties due to Queen Ingrid's quite serious attempts to hook her up with Crown Prince Harald so she was definitely a close friend of the family.

I stumbled on this photo of Princess Tatiana Radziwill from 1964 wearing Queen Sofia of Sweden's pear spike and star tiara! Maybe it was loaned to her for an event celebrating the wedding of Princess Anne-Marie and King Constantine II in Copenhagen that year.

Image credit:

What a find and one of the few photos of the princess wearing a tiara.

That's an exciting find! Queen Ingrid seemed to have been quite generous when it comes to loaning jewels, although this was a tiara she herself wore only rarely.

It's lovely to see this tiara again. Is the date of the wedding known?

Princess Elisabeth of Roumania never received a greek jewel when she married King Geoge. For her Parents Coronation she has to wear one of her Mother's Queen Marie tiara.
Princess Frederika , Consort of King Paul had famous jewels.

Princess Elisabeth of Roumania never received a greek jewel when she married King Geoge. For her Parents Coronation she has to wear one of her Mother's Queen Marie tiara.
Princess Frederika , Consort of King Paul had famous jewels.

Her husband inherited the emeralds from his grandmother and the tiara which is now worn by Queen Anne-Marie was made for her therefore they stylized E's in it.

When the groom's sister Sophie married in 2017, she wore the same tiara. Marlene wrote that "the bride's tiara came from her mother's family, but her earrings once belonged to Princess Katherine".

Thank you for clarifying! :)

One of big stunning tiaras!

Prince Alexander and Princess Barbara sold it to buy a flat in London for their Son Dushan.

I wonder if the Greek RF still have jewels belonging to the late Queen Frederica that we have not seen worn since her passing?

Last edited by a moderator:
This tiara is stunning. Who currently owns this tiara?

The article states it was sold off to the Albion Art Institute and can be regularly seen at exhibits.

Intestingly, in the paenultimate pic of Princess Barbara of Lichtenstein wearing the tiara, she's accompanied by another lady that looks like the Countess of Paris. The interesting thing is that her tiara seems to be put together by the same elements that made up Sophie's (DoE) wedding tiara.
The lady you're referring to is her mother, Princess Karoline, born a Countess von Ledebur-Wicheln.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.c...ajiiZDaWA-hl6buUXS661aAI/s1536/IMG_5596 2.JPG

There is a tiara topped with pearls that was once worn by Princess Eugenie of Greece and Denmark

Queeen Frederica was a real big jewels lover . She bought the Roumanian huge sapphire....
Queen Frederica didn’t buy the sapphire, a wealthy Greek shipper bought it and gifted it to her.

Back
Top Bottom