Harald & Sonja - early years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting and sharing, Her_Majesty!! ;) :)

Don't get me wrong...Queen Sonja is still a beautful woman and she has aged gracefully.....but she was truly a stunning young woman!

Harald's wedding speech is so touching. Aaaaw...Like father, like son.

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Harald was a stud way back in his day.
He was a stud indeed ;) . You can so recognise the strong resemblence that haakon (now) + harald (then) share.

Some more pictures of the couple :)
They were (and still are) a really cute couple! I love their loving looks and gestures! :eek:

(from Knudsens Fotosenter)

Last edited:
Smilla said:
I'm sure it has been explained here a hundred times, but still: how did Sonja and Harald meet?

Does any one know the answer to this question??

sm1939 said:
Does any one know the answer to this question??
They met on a summerparty of a friend in 1959, I think.
Their relationship was a secret until 1968, when King Olav announced the engagement. :)
You can read a bit more in Sonja's biography thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/1905-2005-september-biography-sonja-6708.html ;)

mims111 said:
Thank you very much for pictures Her Majesty! Harald and Sonja really look like happy parents!
I am glad you like them! ;) Yes, I agree. They always looked very proud!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the meeting of Sonja and harald.

Question!?

This picture shows harald and sonja during an interview taken in thir engagement time. Now my question:
Is there a video of this interview??
Does anyone know? :confused:

KnudsensFotosenter

funny how I come to this forum every day, and every day I find something new.;)
Thank you for whoever posted the thread to Sonja's bio. I had never read it before.

Her_Majesty said:
This picture shows harald and sonja during an interview taken in thir engagement time. Now my question:
Is there a video of this interview??
Does anyone know? :confused:
KnudsensFotosenter
Yes it does but I dont think NRK has it online, possible its part of the "Konger for Norge" episode called "Den nye Kongen" also the episode called "Folkekongen" has bits and piece on Early Harald and Sonja, unfortuantly those two episodes dont seem to be online or atleast I cant find them:confused:
http://www.nrk.no/programmer/sider/konger_for_norge/

I have seen bits of it, he is a quite shy and not a exactly a word smith back then. Someone asks her why they got engaged now and she answers laughingly "It had been long enough"

Thanks for all the great photos, I enjoyed learning about Harold and Sonja. By the way, I think Ingrid looks a lot like Sonja's baby picture.

Loved the family baby pictures and young ones of the whole family keep up the good work.

Judy Kucharek said:
Who is Ari?
Ari is the husband of Princess Märtha Louise, the daughter of Harald and Sonja. He's also a Norwegian author.

The first photo together

Does anyone have the first unofficial picture taken and published of the Crown Prince Harald and Frk. Sonja Haraldsen. This was taken i 1959 I think, the picture showing Sonja looking at Harald's diploma at the graduation from Krigsskolen?
And the norwegian and foreign press kept on with all the foreign princesses...

Maud Alexandra said:
Does anyone have the first unofficial picture taken and published of the Crown Prince Harald and Frk. Sonja Haraldsen. This was taken i 1959 I think, the picture showing Sonja looking at Harald's diploma at the graduation from Krigsskolen?
And the norwegian and foreign press kept on with all the foreign princesses...
Here it is :flowers:
Harald after his Graduation in 1959.

Fotobank.com/ScanPix

Thank you

Thank you so much, I just love seeing these old pictures. The photographer made the scoop of his career and it went almost unnoticed for almost a decade...

Her_Majesty said:
I just found this pictures of Princess Sonja cooking and serving food :D:rolleyes: .

KnudsensFotosenter

Funny pictures... Guess it was the first and last time that the new crownprincess was seen in the kitchen...

The young couple in winter 1968.
They looked so happy and in love!:wub:

KnudsensFotosenter

Thank you Her Majesty for the pics !!!:wub: :wub: :wub:

What happened to all the supload pictures? I cannot see them (just when I click at them):ermm:

Was Princess of Norway pregnant in the second picture?
She seems to have a belly!

Yes, she was on this photo. Look on her sash on her belly:)

Not only you can't see them and not only on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom