Hereditary Prince Philip and Princess Danica of Serbia & Family, News & Events, 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hereditary Prince Philip and Princess Danica opened the "Children's Easter Magic" event in Belgrade today, April 26:

** gettyimages gallery **

The christening of Princess Marija, daughter of Prince Philip and Princess Danica, took place today in the Royal Chapel of St. Andrew, the First Call, in Belgrade, Serbia.
Princess Marija's godparents are Nicholas-Michael and Alina Medforth-Mills of Romania, grandson of the last King of Romania.
The christening dress that Princess Marija wore was specially brought from Seville, Spain for this occasion, and belonged to Amelia d'Orléans (last queen of Portugal), sister of Infanta Louise d'Orléans, grandmother of Princess Maria da Gloria, mother of Prince Philip. It was kept in the Castle of Villamanrique, near Seville, which belonged to the parents of Princess Maria de la Gloria.

Last edited:
Crown Prince Alexander was there but I don't know if he was happy the Medforth Mills of Roumania were Godparents.

Biri , what a harsh answer to a question !
On the Picture with the grand parents , we saw Danica's parents and the Duchess of Segorbe.

It was surprising to see little Princess Marija's godparents are Nicholas Medforth-Mills of Romania and his wife Alina. I appreciated Marlene Eilers Koenig's blogspot Royal Musings for further information and photos. Princess Marija of Serbia is baptized.

Last edited:
It might be a case of lost in translation. Nicholas uses Medforth-Mills de Roumanie as surname. I believe DE Roumanie was translated to English as OF Romania.

It might be a case of lost in translation. Nicholas uses Medforth-Mills de Roumanie as surname. I believe DE Roumanie was translated to English as OF Romania.
Thank you Charlotte, I changed my post to reflect your clarification.

AFAIK, It's decision of the child's parents' whom they choose as godparents to their child.

I don't think maria-olivia implied otherwise. Precisely because it was not his choice, it is a possibility that Alexander personally or politically views Nicolae differently than does his son.

Back
Top Bottom