HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events Part 4: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was born on May 10th, will be 14 months next weekend.
I just saw more pictures on facebook.
Little Charles' knees were red from crawling and the soles of his adorable shoes were clean. So I don't think he really walks much yet.

:previous: I noticed how tender Charles's knees were too. I agree that he isn't walking yet but is a champion crawler.;)

When he does start walking LOOK OUT...that is one very curious little boy...literally EVERYTHING seems to fascinate him. In a couple of photos he seemed to be trying to wriggle out of Stephanie's arms and yes, he does appear to have an affinity for animals.

I love how physical his parents are with. Not only his mother but Guillaume too is always kissing him.?

Last edited:
That's a big animal! Give me the big animal! (But since I'm a well-bred royal baby, I won't throw a tantrum if you don't. Come on, won't you?)

Signed: Baby Charles, an old hand at being a working royal

Charles is SO precious and his parents are beyond the moon with him, such a happy family!!!

I wonder if Prince Charles would like a horse in his playroom. :lol::lol::lol:

My first thought was "why take a baby to a nursing care home?"

But then I saw how delighted the pensioners were. My heart melted when I saw one of them feeding him. Now I know why Guillaume and Stephanie take Charles every where....he brings the sunshine wherever he goes!:flowers:

I agree Moonmaiden he is sunshine and joy. I would be ecstatic to meet them. I think Stephanie wants him with her all the time.

How lovely that they've been visiting various nursing homes. And I am sure Charles was a hit (as can also be seen in the pictures).

Some residences for senior citizens have daycare centers on their ground floor. Precisely because of this: it brings liveliness for the elderly - so it's a great combination.

Last edited:
They gave the people there the best gift ever ! A great joy for them ! What a nice gesture !

What is the point of taking baby Charles to an old-people's home?

To give much needed cheer to the residents? It worked for sure!;)

Also, the HGD couple want to get their son and heir used to being around people from his earliest days. I think it's brilliant.

Elderly is always more willing to play with an innocent cute baby than interact with someone they personally don't know (great "tool" to start the conversation). And who won't be happy to see this chubby cute boy? :D

Oh my gosh, he is sooooo cute! How wonderfully thoughtful of his parents to brighten the day of these older folks by bringing in a toddler to see them! :wub:

These latest pictures of Charles with his parents visiting the senior care homes are brilliant! So adorable!!

such a lovely little family x

The old folks must have felt so special! It's unusual to take a baby to royal engagements that have nothing to do with them. They loved his visit, it's clear.

Charles is such a cute baby and he takes everything in stride, plays with things, with people, doesn't make a fuss when he's being fed...

A bright little ray of sunshine for people in the care homes.

Great job by G&S, Charles will be loved and known in Luxembourg.

To give much needed cheer to the residents? It worked for sure!;)

Also, the HGD couple want to get their son and heir used to being around people from his earliest days. I think it's brilliant.

I’m sure the residents loved seeing little Charles. And- it does get him used to being around people.

Sometimes I wonder if Guillaume and Stephanie and their baby son are not part of a larger effort on the part of the Grand Ducal Court to clean up/ repair the image of the Royal family. The family profile has taken quite a battering with the disturbing revelations of the disastrous Waringo Report and even before that with the involvement of two of Henri's brothers in the Bommeleer trial a few years ago.

The Hereditary Couple and their baby are steadily increasing their profile. I feel like I have seen more of Gui and Stephanie in the 14 months since the long awaited birth of Prince Charles than I did in the 7-8 years before he came on the scene.

Prince Charles and his adorable toothy grin seem to have become the star of the family..meanwhile his once formidable grandmother has slowly faded to the background.

I don't know if this has been a conscious rehabilitation effort by the powers that be behind the scenes at the Grand Ducal Court but the cynic in me is very impressed so far.:cool:

Last edited:
Well, if you've got it and it works, why not?

It nicely coincides that Gui and Steph have been thrilled for the past 14 months and want to tote the little guy all round the GD.

Well, if you've got it and it works, why not?

It nicely coincides that Gui and Steph have been thrilled for the past 14 months and want to tote the little guy all round the GD.

I have never seen young parents so radiantly happy, especially Gui.

By the way, since some weeks, on all media outlets (website, Facebook, Instagram) the Luxembourgian Court consequently speaks about le prince Guillaume and about la princesse Stéphanie.

The term le grand-duc héritier and la grande-duchesse héréditaire is now out of fashion. When speaking about the two, the shorter term le Couple héritier is used.

July 9th
Ces dernières semaines, LL.AA.RR. le prince Guillaume et la princesse Stéphanie avec leur fils, le prince Charles ont pris l’initiative de réaliser une tournée de maisons de soins du Luxembourg.

July 2nd
LL.AA.RR. le prince Guillaume, la princesse Stéphanie et leur fils, le prince Charles, ont inauguré l’édition 2021 de la Foire Agricole d’Ettelbruck (FAE).

June 30th
À quelques semaines des Jeux Olympiques et Paralympiques à Tokyo, LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc et le prince Guillaume ont reçu au Palais grand-ducal les délégations luxembourgeoises pour échanger sur leurs préparatifs et les encourager avant le grand départ vers le Japon.

June 30th
LL.AA.RR. le prince Guillaume et la princesse Stéphanie ont visité les bureaux et ateliers de la Maison Lucien Schweitzer

June 24th
LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc et le prince Guillaume ont reçu en audience le président de la Banque centrale du Luxembourg, Monsieur Gaston Reinesch et le directeur, Monsieur Roland Weyland.

Etc. I think it is part of the modernization of the communication of the court: "Prince Guillaume and Princess Stéphanie" sound less distant and formal than "the Hereditary Grand-Duke Guillaume and the Hereditary Grand-Duchess Stéphanie".

Last edited:
I hadn't noticed that detail yet. But yes, it may have been a decision by the Grand Ducal Court to appear less distant and an easier way to identify Prince Guillaume and Princess Stephanie.

I have also been pleasantly surprised at how generous Guillaume and Stephanie have been with Charles. My expectation when he was born was that the Court would release christening photos, Christmas photos, and baby's first birthday pictures.And that would be it. And considering how precious their long awaited son and heir is to them, I wouldn't really blame them for keeping him safe and cosseted at Fischbach.

Instead, the Royal couple are allowing their countrymen to share in their pride and delight with their baby son and heir in an unprecedented manner.

I commend whoever is advising the Grand Ducal Court at this time.;)

Last edited:
It's a wonderful gesture to us to show him a lot. We were so aware of their heartbreak to have to wait such a long time for him to come !

By the way, since some weeks, on all media outlets (website, Facebook, Instagram) the Luxembourgian Court consequently speaks about le prince Guillaume and about la princesse Stéphanie.

The term le grand-duc héritier and la grande-duchesse héréditaire is now out of fashion. When speaking about the two, the shorter term le Couple héritier is used.

July 9th
Ces dernières semaines, LL.AA.RR. le prince Guillaume et la princesse Stéphanie avec leur fils, le prince Charles ont pris l’initiative de réaliser une tournée de maisons de soins du Luxembourg.

July 2nd
LL.AA.RR. le prince Guillaume, la princesse Stéphanie et leur fils, le prince Charles, ont inauguré l’édition 2021 de la Foire Agricole d’Ettelbruck (FAE).

June 30th
À quelques semaines des Jeux Olympiques et Paralympiques à Tokyo, LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc et le prince Guillaume ont reçu au Palais grand-ducal les délégations luxembourgeoises pour échanger sur leurs préparatifs et les encourager avant le grand départ vers le Japon.

June 30th
LL.AA.RR. le prince Guillaume et la princesse Stéphanie ont visité les bureaux et ateliers de la Maison Lucien Schweitzer

June 24th
LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc et le prince Guillaume ont reçu en audience le président de la Banque centrale du Luxembourg, Monsieur Gaston Reinesch et le directeur, Monsieur Roland Weyland.

Etc. I think it is part of the modernization of the communication of the court: "Prince Guillaume and Princess Stéphanie" sound less distant and formal than "the Hereditary Grand-Duke Guillaume and the Hereditary Grand-Duchess Stéphanie".
That's a really interesting observation. I wonder whether it indeed is to make them more approachable and/or to further distance themselves from the grand-duchess.

Previously they didn't use HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie but just HGD and HGD IIRC, so no names...

Ahead of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume's 40th birthday in November, the organisation 'Patrimoine Roses pour le Luxembourg' have named a rose after him, the "Prince Guillaume, Grand-Duc héritier de Luxembourg".

Yesterday, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie, attended the naming ceremony, in which the beautiful soft pink rose was baptized with water from the Luxembourgish river Petrusse.

https://www.rtl.lu/lifestyle/news/a/1783484.html

https://www.rtl.lu/fotoen/35427.html

https://www.wort.lu/de/panorama/ros...erzog-als-namenspate-6138e635de135b92369440cb

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTmFzcOiVHV/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom