King Carol II (1893-1953), Queen Mother Helen (1896-1982), Wives and Descendants

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But wasn't the marriage (Carol and the first wife) recognized by a court of law.

In reality, from what I understand it shouldn't have been. As he needed approval from his father before marrying and didn't receive that. So everything should be moot. Or am I oversimplifying it?

I don't think so because you said he had to get approved by his father so he could marry in the first place but he did not.
This is why Paul is not titled as prince he just styles himself as such.And only the head of the house can
bestow titles upon family members which he is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I said he needed approval from his father and didn't get it. Therefore, the marriage should NOT have been recognized. And the son is not legitimate and rightful ruler of the Romanian throne.

I edited my previous comment being he did not have consent from his father the marriage was null and void.That is why his eldest son and grandchildren from his first marriage are not titled and are not in line to the headship.

Exactly, yet Paul insists that he is Royal. There are some royal magazines that refer to the couple as Prince Paul and Princess Lia and that just sets my teeth on edge. Paul is a Hohenzollern, but he is not a Romanian Royal.:bang:

It is not clear which are the relations between Paul and the Princely House of Hohenzollern.

Last edited by a moderator:
This time it is not against Romanian Royal Family or Royalty.

Prince Paul made a loan of €2M to houston so he could continue the action with Radu. Houston as we now know lost the action. Houston cannot repay the loan as his property is worth about half of what he owes Prince Paul plus he has other creditors pressing for payment. The last issue of the magazine was dated September/October and there is no sign of a November issue! The lawsuit is probably a stalling measure from Houston whilst he tries to hide assets.

History tells us that he will then file bankruptcy for the current publisher and then use relatives to restart using a brand new company. He will most likely claim that the magazine itself is owned by his sister Tanja.

It is said in the article Paul (Zizi Lambrino's grandson) has debts of two million euro.There is a sentence (this says the article) of an English tribunal which asks to confiscate the goods of Paul in England, Wales and Romania.Marco Houston is behind this trial.Paul says(through his spokesman) Marco Houston has debts to himself and not viceversa.

I think that whoever wrote the article has misinterpreted a claim as some form of judgement. before there can be a judgement there has to be a trial of the the claim. The talk of an "enforcer" probably refers to an agent who has to serve the writ on Prince Paul. It sounds as if Houston has taken a loan from Paul and is constructing some sort of counterclaim to offset the monies he owes. Houston has a long record of using bankruptcy tools to evade paying his debts.

The funny thing is that Houston has used money borrowed from paul to pay off the costs of the libel action defeat to Radu. So indirectly Paul has paid Radu! It is obviously a serious matter but also quite farsical:lol:

There is no "Prince Paul" in the Romanian Royal Family!

Zizi Lambrino was Romanian even if maybe not all of her ancestors were.Some old families in Vallacchia and Moldavia have also greek links.

New controversies concerning some land (from a forest) in Snagov given to Paul (Zizi Lambrino's grandson) even if that land has never been confiscated to King Carol II( that had never been the real owner of it):

Paul, Jaf de România?

The photo and the news are obviously used in the campaign of Paul to be considered a royal.

Paul Hohenzollern is not a Prince of Romania and is certainly not the Crown Prince of Romania. He is just an embittered would-be-if-he-could-be. Particularly tacky is his inference that King Michael should be "shot for his crimes". Paul is a nasty piece of work.

Queen Helen, King Michael`s mother, was honoured by Israel as "Righteous among Nations" for her role during the war to protect Romanian Jews. Enough said.

Very true. Do the research and see. Paul simply claimed the title on his own and named himself this. He certainly is a nasty piece of work and in my opinion, an oxygen thief.

Purrs,
Pook

Last edited:
Paul and Lia have no links with King Mihai I or the Royal Family.

I saw a recent list of "100 Greatest Romanians" (which included most monarchs) and "Worst Romanians" (which included King Carol II and, oddly, King Michael).

Do Romanians have such a bad view of King Carol II? Does that impact their views on restoring the monarchy?

Carol II has a very bad reputation nowadays in Romania.

And what is his bad reputation due to?

Lack of respect for democracy, lack of respect for his wife (Queen Elena)...

Don't forget that at one point during the Abdication crisis, Queen Mary observed, "Really, this might be Romania!"

Lack of respect for democracy, lack of respect for his wife (Queen Elena)...

How did he get away with destroying democracy? (I know the facts of what he did- which was terrible- but why didn't people stand up to him?)

And the Worst Romanians list listed Ceaucescu, who in the West would be viewed as one of the worst dictators in the 20th century, just a few numbers above King Carol II. Are they really comparable?

Back
Top Bottom