King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie Current Events 5: February 2016 - January 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthfay to Queen today!!

By Danish Palace:

"Her Majesty Queen Anne-Marie of Greece turns 75 years of age today.

The Queen will celebrate her birthday privately at the Royal Couple’s home in Porto Heli, Greece, together with members of the immediate family. Her Majesty is the youngest daughter of Frederik the 9th and Queen Ingrid and was born at Amalienborg. In 1964, Her Majesty was married to His Majesty King Constantine of Greece. During the period of 1964-1974, Queen Anne-Marie was Queen of the Hellenes."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTL5-B7jn5R/

He will be at the wedding of his son as he was at the civil wedding in Switzerland. The King uses wheelchair from almost 5 years ago. On Sunday, the King will offer a lunch to the wedding guests at the Nautical Club of Athens. This is not a problem for him, we have seen to him in other events, obviously the protocol will accommodate his situation.

King Constantine is admitted to an athens hospital for observation and testing. yesterday Wednesday he suffered a transient ischemic attack, and was treated in a hospital in Kranidi, where he was treated for the incident, today he has been transferred to a private hospital in Athens to be treated and perform tests to rule out something more serious.

I have been reading about it, and it seems that the istemic attack is of a transitory nature and only lasts 2 hours, but obviously, people who suffer from it must go to a hospital because it may be a symptom of something more serious.
the King is in the hospital for this reason. I wish him that it is not more serious and that it is all a scare, my best wishes of recovery for the King.

It is a bit serious; that's a minor stroke. Combined with the King's deteriorating mobility (and we don't know what else), that's not necessarily serious, but it's not good. I hope he gets to go home and recover.

I recognize that a cerebral ischemia in a young person, or in good health, it can leave minor sequelae (like it says Stef), and have a transitory character ... but in a person with other pathologies, like King Constantine, it can be very serious.

I wish he recovers soon.

I agree you, but in the news, in my opinin, there is a part "soothing" of information that is important to measure the severity and that is that the King has been transferred to Athens by ambulance, the distance between Kranidi and Athens is important, usually, when the situations are serious or very serious, the sick are transferred by helicopter or the patient is transferred to a nearest hospital within the prefecture or region, but Athens is not transferred, it is another region. .

I wish he recovers soon.

Last edited:
I wish him a quick recovery :flowers: and to spend Christmas with his family

I hope HM is comfortable and Will recover and be among his loved ons soon.

BREAKING:
According to the latest information, King Constantine is being treated at the "Hygeia" hospital, in Athens, with pneumonia and with oxygen treatment.
The team of physicians in care have determined that the King did not suffer from an ischemic episode, as initially estimated, but pneumonia and subsequent pulmonary edema caused by aspiration.
According to hospital sources, he is provided with oxygen, but does not need intubation.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/27153053115/permalink/10159586125768116/

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...tado-salud-constantino-problema-real_3342648/

Last edited:
Shouldn't this be in the news somewhere, rather than just on Facebook?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't this be in the news somewhere, rather than just on Facebook?
Andreas Megos has proven a reliable social media source when it comes to news about the Greek Royal family.

The news of the king's state of health is in the Greek press. A few hours ago, the MEGA television channel has reported that Constantine is admitted to the hospital, where he is being treated for pulmonary edema and pneumonia, he is receiving oxygen, but his conditions are good, and he has not needed intubation.

Dutch newssite NOS is now also publishing it.
I hope the King will be well.

Vanitatis spoke to the royal house of Greece about his health

"At Vanitatis we wanted to get in touch with the family's spokespersons and the response could not be more reassuring: "His Majesty is in stable condition and in good spirits."

But there is still more and it is that, according to a website very close to Konstantinos, "his health is better and he could be discharged in the next few days." So, of course, it seems that there is no reason to be alarmed, despite his age and despite the ailments that have accompanied him in recent years and that have caused him serious mobility problems. "

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...ma-hora-constantino-casa-real-grecia_3342896/

In the facebook group greek royal family they have published this good news
It says:
"King Constantine did not suffer an ischemic attack, as initially estimated, but pneumonia and pulmonary edema followed. King Constantine receives oxygen, there is no need for intubation and he is in very good condition. The doctors are very optimistic and he is expected to be discharged early next week. "

That is good news!

H.M. King Constantine continues to be hospitalized for the third day in very good condition in the intensive care unit of "Ygeia" private hospital. He is provided with oxygen without the need to intubate.
The King is not ill with COVID-19 and has received three doses of the coronavirus vaccine.
Due to his aggravated condition, as he had previously suffered an ischemic stroke, he is intensively monitored by the attending doctors who are very optimistic and in fact at the beginning of next week His Majesty is expected to be discharged.

Goods news as when I had read earlier reports I was slightly alarmed given how frail the king is.

I wonder whether his sister Irene joined her. If so, it is wonderful that they can visit their brother but it might also indicate thst the situation is more precarious than they want us to know. Any word on any of the children visiting from abroad?

King Constantine's health is improving. His body is responding positively to the treatment he is receiving for the diagnosed pneumonia and as of today, Saturday, 18 December, he has been transferred and is being treated outside the intensive care unit in a general ward of the "Hygeia" hospital, where His Majesty will remain for a few more days until he recovers and is discharged.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/27153053115/permalink/10159590369203116/

Hopefully the king will be home for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom