King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow sis, thanks for sharing those pics!
I never knew QS could draw that well!:flowers:

Sofia and Juan Carlos in their skiing holidays 1991/92:

(Royalty Monthly 1992)

Thanks for those pics lula, the one where QS is petting the camel is very funny!:lol::lol:

princess leonor said:
Wasn't this picture taken during the funeral of dona Maria de las Mercedes, Juan Carlos' mother?

I think that it was taken during the funeral of Don Juan (count of Barcelona)

You are most welcome, J :flowers: and sOfIa, you are right, it's Suzanne Mubarak :)
Here is a pic of Sofia with Queen Silvia during a visit in Sweden in 1991:

Sofia 1991

iceflower said:
You are most welcome, J :flowers: and sOfIa, you are right, it's Suzanne Mubarak :)
Here is a pic of Sofia with Queen Silvia during a visit in Sweden in 1991:

Sofia 1991
Thank you so much K! :flowers:

I have to say that Queen Sofia's teeth looked really good (better than now) and I was wondering why doesn't she have the same teeth?
I mean... she smoked at the time and she still smokes (?) and if she can go to the dentist why are her teeths like that? :ermm:

It's no necessary to smoke to have teeth in this condition. I know people that smokes and do not have their teeth in bad conditions. One of these persons was mon Grandfather. He smoked for years, never washed his teeth and rarely payed attention to them. Besides, he was diabetic and one of his teeth must have fell down, at least...But no: he died at 87, with all his teeth intact. My Grandmother was the opposite: she never smoked, she wash her teeth not only every day, but after every dinner, she eats apples to get them in good health and she goes to the dentist every time she can do it...It is no use for her: her teeth are always aching, and in despite of all the treatments she endures, she has caries and conduct treatment in many of them. Four of her teeth fell down and she must replace them by false teeth.

You have good teeth or bad teeth. Of course, in most cases a good care of them would help ;) and if you don't pay attention to them, they could look badly! But in the case of Queen Sophie, I think she must have bad teeth. Royals must also have the better dentist in the whole world...Isn't it?:rolleyes:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
It's no necessary to smoke to have teeth in this condition. I know people that smokes and do not have their teeth in bad conditions. One of these persons was mon Grandfather. He smoked for years, never washed his teeth and rarely payed attention to them. Besides, he was diabetic and one of his teeth must have fell down, at least...But no: he died at 87, with all his teeth intact. My Grandmother was the opposite: she never smoked, she wash her teeth not only every day, but after every dinner, she eats apples to get them in good health and she goes to the dentist every time she can do it...It is no use for her: her teeth are always aching, and in despite of all the treatments she endures, she has caries and conduct treatment in many of them. Four of her teeth fell down and she must replace them by false teeth.
Of course the fact that the Queen smokes can do nothing to do and in case of your Grandparents it really doesn't! But in this case it was (and it still is) just an option ;)

You have good teeth or bad teeth. Of course, in most cases a good care of them would help ;) and if you don't pay attention to them, they could look badly! But in the case of Queen Sophie, I think she must have bad teeth. Royals must also have the better dentist in the whole world...Isn't it?:rolleyes:
Yeah! They must have and still i have the same question... as a Queen and as a woman why doesn't she do something more?
I'm not critizing her, I just think as she is an elegant lady she could care them. But I also think she is actually doing something at least sometimes her teeth look lighter and sometimes darker.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/Joana_2/1484.jpg (lighter here)
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/Joana_2/1602.jpg (and darker here)
There are many photos where we can see it, these ones are "recent" and we can see the difference. Oh and I don't think the teeth look lighter because of the daylight and in the second photo they look darker because it was evening. I actually have seen this difference in photos taken during the day :)

Maybe The Queen also drinks tea or coffee quite often as that really stains your teeth.

Another thing is that for people of The Queen's generation (Royal or not), there wasn't so much emphasis on brushing twice a day. So if when she was younger she didn't take care of her teeth as well as we all do now, it obviously would affect them. :flowers:

Thanx Lula. :wub: They look so in love.

Thanks so much lula :flowers: :wub:

I found this, but I couldn't get the site to load, just the photo. I like the Queen's hair gripped back at the side
pic

The Kings look 'different' here, I know they were young but...:ermm:

Aww that is a beautiful photo. The King looks so much like my Grandfather when he was young.

The last pic you've posted is really nice, lula, so private and full of love, thanks!

Here is a pic of Sofia meeting Placido Domingo in 1986:

Sofia 1986

I was missing you my dear K!
Thank you very much for the photo :flowers:
(Do I have to say that the Queen looks gorgeous?! :wub: )

chuchu said:
Is Queen Sofia's mother the sister of Ernest August IV of Hanover?

yep, she was born as Frederike of Hannover, Ernst August V and QS are first cousins:)

Thanks for posting the great and interesting pics, Cris :) :)

Here are two of the couple's visit to Australia in 1988, they made friends
with some quite funny Australians ;)

Sofia 1988
Juan Carlos 1988

you're welcome K!
the pic with Carstens is so awesome 'cuz QS outfit is SMASHING for the 80's! (and any other time)
I just love how QS held that koala, like it was one of her grandkids:lol:
thanks a lot for those amazing pics:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom