Most beautiful gala gowns worn by royal ladies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All ladies looks very elegant and all gala gowns are very beautiful!!!

I really like those:

-Princess Maxima's Flower dress, worn in Thailand 2006
(It's one of my favourites!)

Rexfeatures

- Queen Sonja's red gown worn for the Danish Royal Wedding 2004

Corbis
It must be the collar that makes this dress so special. It looked great on Sonja.

Maxima's Valentino flower gown is gorgeous! She looked wonderful at the Thailand celebration. It's very feminine and elegantly ruffles out on the bottom. Maxima's been making very good gala choice outfits recently.

I thought Claire looked amazing at the Dutch State Visit to Belgium.
(From GettyImages): http://www.imgster.com/ims/pic.php?u=274QBivf&i=2946
The dress is pretty and I think Claire looks absolutely stunning after just having twins. It's also nice to see her becoming more active in her royal duties since the birth. :)

I know that many will disagree with me but I found this flamboyant dress of Maxima absolutely gorgeous (on her, it wouldn't work on most other princesses).

Pic: Rexfeatures

410425k.jpg

Last edited:
What's a nice thread. It's always a pleasure to looks at gala gowns. Some of them are the most beautiful I have ever seen. Especially P Mathilde's gown from post#109 and a white gown post#114.

Marengo said:
I know that many will disagree with me but I found this flamboyant dress of Maxima absolutely gorgeous (on her, it wouldn't work on most other princesses).

Pic: Rexfeatures

Well, I totally agree with you Marengo, I think it really suits her Argentinian roots. :)

I wrote about MC ang J.LO dresses from Valentino:
marilla said:
Jennifer wore copy of Jacqueline Kennedy dress from 1967 (Valentino).
This is Jackie dress - source Gettyimages

50369039uc6.jpg

Last edited:
What an exquisite thread ! Each queen or princess is more ravishing than the next. It truly makes you dream...

And they have a dignity and formality that is so different from Hollywood stars and starlets and other celebrities, they carry the weight of history and honor of their respective countries on their shoulders, so to speak, and they do it beautifully, and I guess it's best exemplified in their choice of gala gowns and carriage at those events. Kings and princes, you made the right choices in your lady spouses !

I think it was that Chanel dress Charlotte wore at the Monaco's rose ball

I love mathildes dresses but they seem to make her posture look really bad, especially the slash neck dresses. She looks better in sleeveless dresses.
Queen Rania's dress in #103 is one of my all time favourites!

I never realized that this is the same dress :ohmy: . But now when you said it...
Well, I agree: Her hairstyle looks much better in the 2nd picture. I didn't like this curls on Maxima.
Well, anyway I really like this dress. It looks pretty on her both times she wore it.

I really like this blue dress of Princess Mary .
It's one of my favourites on her! :)

ANP

Her_Majesty said:
Well, anyway I really like this dress. It looks pretty on her both times she wore it.

That the thing I don't understand about this thread. It is not about evening dresses, it is supposed to be about gala gowns. Some in the early pages like those of a young Queen Elizabeth are fabulous. Others, like Mary's blue dress are just evening dresses, nothing special and the occassions were nothing special.

Queen Margrethe's gown for the wedding of the Crown Prince was amazing, as were many of the other, older royals. They make a lot of the young princesses look more than a little underdressed! Mind you, it takes maturity and elan to carry off those sorts of dresses.

I think a lot of the younger royals are a little too intimidated to try and instead tend to look more like someone you would see on a Hollywood red carpet. Couture, but not gala! (As for the 'Jacqui' dress, the less said the better).

I would dearly love to see the return of glamour to gala events. Gowns like those lend themselves to the discreet display of amazing jewelery. Little couture numbers look either swamped by a tiara or diamond necklace, or just plain tacky.

Consider CP Mary's silver/lilac sheath. Desiree's Ruby Parure would have looked ridiculous. Even the embossed silver grey dress she wore with the parure did not do it justice. Now that fabulous red gala gown was another story again.

While we are looking at they young CP's we are missing some truely wonderful gowns on Queens and Consorts. Queens Elizabeth, Margrethe, Silvia and Sonia all have the wow factor. They know how to 'dress' for a 'gala' event.

I don't really see the difference the queen's gowns are simply more elaborate evening gowns.

Indeed. Sonja looks beautiful on this photo - gown, hair, jewelry...

And Pss Noor looks wonderful on her red gown.

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures of then-Crown Princess Paola's gala dresses?

mims111 said:
I love Sonja's green (with long sleeves) dress.
It was fabolous! :wub:
I agree! The green dress was gorgeous!
(anb)
It was a recycled dress that has been changed a bit. Have a look here .

Last edited:
Wow! :)
absolutely lovely one! I haven't seen this gown yet.
She should recycle it :rolleyes: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom