Norwegian Royal Family Current Events Part 3: May 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harald is almost in sympathy with the Paralympians with his crutches! And it's fun to see the athletes wearing velvet and bunads.

That 'dining room' always looks like such a cozy place to have a dinner.

Today, November 4, King Harald and Queen Sonja received the President and First Lady of Germany, Frank-Walter Steinmeier and Elke Büdenbender, for an audience and afterwards hosted a lunch. Crown Prince Haakon attended as well:

** tt.se gallery **

It looks like it was crown prince Haakon who welcomed them and accompanied them to the palace for audience and lunch. With the king walking on crutches that seems like a good way of dividing the work.

:previous:

By now I‘ve figured out where the photos of Crown Prince Haakon and the Presidental Couple were taken: they visited the German navy vessel FGS Berlin together, some more photos of all events can be found here:

** kongehuset: Tok imot Tysklands president **

The president obviously had more engagements with the new PM than with the RF - still very interesting to watch how tight and intense these kind of visits are:

the audience at the Palace only:

Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended the funeral of Norwegian gay rights and human rights activist Kim Friele in Oslo today, December 6:

** Pic ** tt.se gallery **

Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise attended the World Para Snow Sports Championships held in Lillehammer today, January 13:

** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
It's interesting to see how she seems somewhat back in the royal fold.

AFAIK she always is the patron of/supporting the para sport of Norway, so I won't count it as "back".

AFAIK she always is the patron of/supporting the para sport of Norway, so I won't count it as "back".

I combined it with her recent attendance at the Dutch state visit (which of course is also due to personal relationships - so, it seems they are comfortable with her participating in royal events that have a personal meaning to her).

Rather small number this year it seems.

King Harald, queen Sonja and crown prince Haakon with norwegian Martin Løwstrøm Nyenget, winner of the men's 50 km in cross country skiing.
Pic

King Harald received King Abdullah for an audience today, March 14. Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon attended as well.

Afterwards King Harald and Queen Sonja hosted a luncheon in honour of King Abdullah at the Royal Palace. Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset: Kongen av Jordan i audiens **

Last edited:
Rather small number this year it seems.
Who is missing? The regent- as well as the crown prince couple with their 2 children attended - Marius doesn´t join in since a couple of years, so, nothing unusual here this year.

Last edited:
Princess Astrid usually is in attendance.
But she was rarely there every single competition day. I recall the King and Queen with their two children back in the 1990s, and later the royal and the crown prince couples on a usual basis with Astrid joining in from time to time.

King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon attended Liberation Day and National Veterans Day at Akershus Fortress today, May 8:

** tt.se gallery **

Back
Top Bottom