On This Day: Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, February 6, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1929: María Cristina de Habsburgo-Lorena, Queen consort and Spanish regent, dies.

On thus day, February 9, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1601: Felipe III arrives with his court in Valladolid.
1724: The nobles proclaim King Luis I, son of Felipe V.

On this day, February 12, 1689 ~ Demise of Marie Louise of Orleans, wife of King Charles II of Spain

On this day, February 14, 1714 ~ Demise of Maria Luisa of Savoy, wife of King Philip V of Spain at the Royal Alcazar in Madrid

On this day, February 19, 1683 ~ Birth of King Philip V of Spain (Philippe, Duke of Anjou) at the Palace of Versailles in France

On this day, February 24, 1500 ~ Birth of Charles of Habsburg (King Charles I of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor Charles V) in Ghent, Flanders

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, February 28, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1462: Juana la Beltraneja is born, daughter of King Enrique IV of Castile and his wife Juana of Portugal
1571: Felipe II decrees the organization of the Spanish army.
1941: King Alfonso XIII dies.

On this day, March 4, 1935 ~ The Wedding of Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia and Emmanuelle de Dampierre

On this day, March 4, 1935 ~ The Wedding of Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia and Emmanuelle de Dampierre

The wedding Mass took place at the church of St. Ignatius of Loyola at Campus Martius in Rome.
Guests included Queen Amelia of Portugal, Crown Prince Umberto and Crown Princess Marie José of Italy, Grand Duke Dimitri of Russia and the Count of Paris.
The marriage ended in divorce in 1947.

On this day, March 7, 1517, María de Aragón, daughter of the Catholic Monarchs, Infanta of Castile and Aragón and Queen consort of Portugal, died.

On this day, March 7, 1517, María de Aragón, daughter of the Catholic Monarchs, Infanta of Castile and Aragón and Queen consort of Portugal, died.

The queen never fully recovered from the birth of her last child Infante Antonio in September 1516.
Following her death the remains of the queen were buried at the Jerónimos Monastery in Lisbon.

Mar%C3%ADa_de_Arag%C3%B3n.jpg

On this day, March 10, 1452 ~ Birth of King Ferdinand II of Aragon at Sada Palace in the Kingdom of Aragon

On this day, March 10, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1452: Ferdinand II of Aragon and V of Castile, the Catholic King, are born.
1526: In Seville Carlos I marries his cousin, the Infanta Isabel of Portugal.
1794: Francisco de Paula Antonio de Borbón, Infante of Spain, I Duke of Cadiz, son of Carlos IV, is born.
1814: Fernando VII returns to Spain and the Spanish Constitution of 1812 is abolished.

On this day, March 10, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1794: Francisco de Paula Antonio de Borbón, Infante of Spain, I Duke of Cadiz, son of Carlos IV, is born.

Don Francisco was the father of Francisco de Asís, Duke of Cádiz and consort of Isabella II of Spain.
Another of his younger sons Infante Enrique was the 1st Duke of Seville!

On this day, March 12, in the Spanish Monarchy:

636: Sisenando, Visigoth King, dies.
1354: Pedro IV of Aragón founds the Sertoriana University of Huesca.
1673: Margarita Teresa of Austria, Infanta of Spain and Portugal, daughter of Felipe IV, dies.

On this day, March 12, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1673: Margarita Teresa of Austria, Infanta of Spain and Portugal, daughter of Felipe IV, dies.

Margarita Teresa was Holy Roman Empress at the time of her death at the age of just 21 and had 6 pregnancies.
The Empress is buried in the Imperial Crypt, in Vienna.

File:Margarita_Teresa_of_Spain_Mourningdress.jpg

On this day, March 18, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1995: In Seville, HRH the Infanta Elena de Borbón marries Jaime de Marichalar.

On this day, March 26, 1662 ~ Birth of Marie Louise of Orleans, wife of King Charles II of Spain, at the Palais Royal in Paris, France

On this day, March 26, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1244: Jaime I of Aragón and the Castilian infante Alfonso sign the Treaty of Almizrra.
1350: Alfonso XI of Castile, Castilian king, called “the Justiciero”, dies

On this day, March 31, 1373 ~ Birth of Catherine of Lancaster, Queen Consort of King Henry III of Castile, at Hertford Castle in Hertfordshire, England

On this day, April 1, in the Spanish Monarchy:
1993: Juan de Borbón, Count of Barcelona, dies.

On this day, April 1, in the Spanish Monarchy:
1993: Juan de Borbón, Count of Barcelona, dies.

The Count was buried with the full honours of a king on the 7th of April 1993.

On this day, April 2, 1545 ~ Birth of Elisabeth de Valois, Queen of Spain, spouse of King Philip II of Spain, at Chateau de Fontainebleau in France

On this day, April 2, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1416: Fernando I of Aragon dies.
1734: Felipe V cedes to his son Carlos, by decree, all the rights to the throne of Naples and Sicily.
1984: The Kings Juan Carlos and Sofia, make the first official visit to the Community of Castilla y León.

On this day, April 3, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1441: Blanche I of Navarre, wife of the King of Sicily, dies
1493: in Barcelona, the Catholic Monarchs receive Christopher Columbus with all the honors.

On this day, April 8, 1605 ~ Birth of King Philip IV of Spain at Valladolid, Spain

On this day, April 10, 1904 ~ Demise of Queen Isabella II of Spain in Paris, France

On this day, April 12, 1555 ~ Demise of Queen Juana of Castile at Tordesillas, Spain

On this day, April 14, 1578 ~ Birth of King Philip III of Spain at the Royal Alcazar of Madrid in Madrid, Spain

On this day, April 16, 1519 in Barcelona King Carlos I of Spain is sworn King before the Cortes.

On this day, April 17, 1902 ~ Demise of Francisco, Duke of Cadiz, King Consort of Queen Isabella II of Spain

Back
Top Bottom