Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta engaged to Princess Olga of Greece, May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the photo catherine! fortunately some news from this engagement-wedding. i hope we soon know when it's the actual wedding going to happen. i love olga's dress, aimone is such a beautiful and elegant man as well.

fandesacs2003 said:
They are related from Olgas paternal granmother AND paternal grand mother.
Amedeo's paternal grandmother (princess Ireny) and Olga's father were first cousins from greek side!
But also Amedeos mother and Michel de Grèce (Olga's father) are again first cousins, from the Orlean's side!
Here are two common Lines of Descent:

King George I of Greece > Constantine > Irene > Amedeo Aosta > Aimone
King George I of Greece > Christopher > Michael of Greece > Olga

Jean (III) of France > Henri, comte de Paris > Claude > Aimone
Jean (III) of France > Francoise > Michael of Greece > Olga

Any children of Aimone and Olga will be 5th generation removed from the common ancestor in the first instance, and 4th generation removed in the other three.

Princess Olga's of Greece engagement was announced recently, but do you know the exact date of the wedding?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Princess Olga's of Greece engagement was announced recently, but do you know the exact date of the wedding?
At first the wedding was announced as going to take place in the fall of 2005 and then it was changed to the spring of 2006. I wonder if they are still going to get married. There has never been a set date for the wedding. Maybe they've decided to slip away and do it quietly and skip the hoopla.

Someone mentioned they may be letting the scandal from his dad die down before a marriage.

kelly9480 said:
Someone mentioned they may be letting the scandal from his dad die down before a marriage.

if you don't mind me asking, which scandal?:cool:

crisiñaki said:
if you don't mind me asking, which scandal?:cool:

From wikipedia:
Amadeo has an illegitimate child, Pietro Incisa della Rochetta, born in 1967, by Nerina Corsini, the wife of Enrico Incisa della Rochetta. He has a fifth child, also illegitimate, by Kyara van Ellinkhuizen: Ginevra Maria Gabriella Van Ellinghuizen, born 19 March2006 in Milan, with Down's syndrome. Though before her birth the duke had stated that he would immediately recognize her as his child and provide for her welfare, he has not done so and has instead asked for DNA testing to be performed.

It must be pretty awfull if you want to get married and your father ruins all the fun. The couple should elope to a greek island and marry there ;)
Of course, the delay can mean something else, but let's hope for the best, I like this couple.

Slightly new on this engagement? With everything what happens in this family, there is wedding or not? Someone had commented that according to "Point de Vue" the wedding would celebrate of private form this summer ... some news?:wacko:

In this week's point de vue (23.08.06) there's an interview with Aimone di Aosta, where he says: " I'm engaged to Olga of Greece, we're thinking of getting married next year.".

So a bit more patience friends...

Hannelore said:
In this week's point de vue (23.08.06) there's an interview with Aimone di Aosta, where he says: " I'm engaged to Olga of Greece, we're thinking of getting married next year.".

So a bit more patience friends...
Did I good understand, next - 2007 year? First was 2005 than 2006...

Yikes, next year?! If they keep waiting they'll both be old by the time they actually get around to getting married! Hopefully it was a mistranslation or an interview from last year that just got used this year. Was there anything about Aimone's father proclaiming himself Duke of Savoy or something that might give a clue as to the date of the actual interview?

Hopefully "next year" is actually "this year" or "next month!"

morhange said:
Yikes, next year?! If they keep waiting they'll both be old by the time they actually get around to getting married! Hopefully it was a mistranslation or an interview from last year that just got used this year. Was there anything about Aimone's father proclaiming himself Duke of Savoy or something that might give a clue as to the date of the actual interview?

Hopefully "next year" is actually "this year" or "next month!"
As they say - it's never late to getting married.

I hope that they get married no matter what will happen (what some members of the family stupid will do).

Aimone's mother said in a 1 Nov 2006 Point de Vue article that the couple attended a celebration given for Claude's recent marriage. Claude also says that she hopes the pair marries soon (as do the rest of us :)).

I think that if they were really sure about eachother would have married already unless they prior obligations that they have to fufill before marrying but what on earth could that be? I wouldn't be surprised if they call it off. Although I hope not.

I still wondering are those two actually going to marry each other no offense but they have put this wedding off two diffferent times making me think this is just not going to happened. I would like them to marry each other but their only engaged anyone can ask someone to take their hand in marriage but will they actually go through with the wedding is a whole different story.

I don't think they'll get married; it's been WAY too long. I feel it's just excuse after excuse then in a while, they'll break it off. What other barriers do they have right now?

MoonlightRhapsody said:
I don't think they'll get married; it's been WAY too long. I feel it's just excuse after excuse then in a while, they'll break it off. What other barriers do they have right now?

On the other side, why should they "pretend"? If they do not feel being together, they are not obliged to......
They do not belong to reigning houses, so no strategical importance to this wedding:wub:

They just want to keep everyone guessing. They should just call the whole thing off!

I think that the pair is going to get married eventually. But I don't think that they have time at the moment to throw a wedding that would be expected of them in light of their status. I believe the pair lives in Russia, and I'm sure they are busy enough in their careers.

Anyways, the pair attended an Italian royalist event in December and looked quite happy. Here is a link to site with pictures of the gathering: Unione Monarchica Italiana Varese - Foto

Probably the date is closer because recently princess Olga was presented to italian monarchist group (see thread dedicated to Savoy-Aosta family)

Anyway, whatever they are going to do, I hope they will be happy. They are a veru handsome couple.

Two years ago i saw Olga very close, in Athens, in an exhibition of her mother's painting. She is very pretty, much much prettier than the pictures.

I have to agree, it's been way to long! When you love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them, you make the time to get married. You don't reschedule like a dentist appointment. It's just weird!

Just as an update about this eternally-engaged couple:
The publisher of a magazine about European royalty, who is a friend of Princess Olga's father Michael, stated yesterday that the couple is still together and living in Moscow. He says that Aimone and Olga have recently returned from a trip to India.

LaPlusBelle said:
What do they both do for a living?

At the time of their engagement (which is approaching two years of age on May 8th :ohmy:) Aimone worked for the Pirelli Tyre Company's Moscow division.

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Thanks Benjamin, that is a reassurance. After Jean and Tatiana cancelled on me (and the Berleburg prince ad his Elvire) I became naturally suspicious of long royal engagements ;)
It has been said the wedding could take place this year, but very privately.

So, when are these two love birds finally getting married?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom