Prince Andrew, Duke of York News and Events 8: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m useless at different breeds of horse but that is definitely a horse, the Queen rode the fellponies in her old age. Andrew is far too big for them.

the queen rode horses mostly, she may have taken to ponies when she was old and frail, but she was a small woman and not heavy. Andrew is way too big for ponies

How many more “mistakes” did Virginia Giuffre make? IMO her reputation is in question, her testimony is in question. Did Prince Andrew pay because the late Queen just wanted the accusation to be over? What a mess. Not saying Prince Andrew is innocent of everything, but I do question what has happened.

The Duke of York was photographed yesterday, October 31:

** dm article: Prince Andrew is all smiles as he enjoys horse ride in Windsor ..**

The Daily mail staff must have an idea room where a picture from a royal, any royal they dislike, gets an entire storyline beyond its meaning.

True the situation he entangled himself in is repulsive. But to be clear, in this photo he is in conversation with the person riding next to him. They snap one where he smiles, and the entire article is created like he was at that exact moment talking about the accusations.
Must be slow news week at the Daily Mail, first Tindall and now a new negative article based on a simple second where Andrew smiled at someone next to him. :ermm:

Regent - does the work of the monarch

Guardian - looks after the child and makes decisions around things like education etc

It would have been perfectly possible for the child to never even met the Regent as the Regent would have no say in the raising of the child.

Is it possible for a Regent to also be a Guardian?
Is it required that a Guardian be a relative?

Is it possible for a Regent to also be a Guardian?
Is it required that a Guardian be a relative?

Yes the Regent could be a guardian but usually the reason for a regency also requiring a guardian is that the monarch is a minor in which case the guardian, isn't themselves in the line of succession and so normally isn't able to be the regent (Prince Philip was an exception of course).

In most situations where there is a minor the guardian is a relative. In the case of a minor being the monarch the guardian will usually be the other parent.

This was initially set up in 1937 so imagine that George VI died during the Blitz in late 1940 when QEII was only 14 years old The Duke of Gloucester was the next adult in the line of succession so he would have been the Regent and The Queen Mum would have remained the guardian. It wouldn't have made sense to have some stranger be the guardian when QEII had a loving mother, sister and a number of aunts, uncles and even grandparents still alive.

As things currently stand - Harry would be Regent and Catherine would be George's guardian. If whatever happened to William also killed Catherine then Harry, as the next of kin as well as the next adult in the line of succession would also become George's guardian (I know that Catherine has siblings as well but the next of kin is always the male side first ... unless the parents say otherwise in their wills ... which may happen but this is purely a theoretical discussion and I am assuming that that issue hasn't been dealt with but it may have been of course with the Middleton's being given the guardianship).

...As things currently stand - Harry would be Regent and Catherine would be George's guardian. If whatever happened to William also killed Catherine then Harry, as the next of kin as well as the next adult in the line of succession would also become George's guardian...

Oh no, no and no. :ermm:

I hope King Charles III amends this and somehow appoints Princess Anne or Prince Edward as the one in charge under any crisis where senior royals are gone leaving minors behind. And if absent too, I would only trust Princess Anne's children Sara or her brother Phillip as the Regent/Guardian.

Oh no, no and no. :ermm:

I hope King Charles III amends this and somehow appoints Princess Anne or Prince Edward as the one in charge under any crisis where senior royals are gone leaving minors behind. And if absent too, I would only trust Princess Anne's children Sara or her brother Phillip as the Regent/Guardian.

Anne's daughter is called Zara and her son is Peter. neither of them is anywhere likely to be regent.

Anne's daughter is called Zara and her son is Peter. neither of them is anywhere likely to be regent.

By making an amend I meant to by-pass the next of kin to the side of the family that seems to be well adjusted ?. So far, Edward, Princess Anne, Zara and Phillip win on that department over the Duke of York's baggage

He is loosing his police protection officers in Dec according to a number of reports online.

He is loosing his police protection officers in Dec according to a number of reports online.

But doing so will put his life in danger. What is the need? Andrew has not been arrested or taken to court. These are very drastic measures...

Publicly funded security is only provided for working members of the royal family. Andrew can arrange privately funded security, which I believe he does require.

Makes perfect sense to me - those undertaking official duties get officially funded security. TBH without going off topic, it will make it easier to justify other decisions on security that have been taken and that are still being discussed/reviewed in court.

The source of the story appears to be a report from Kate Ferguson in the Sun on Sunday:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20562392/prince-andrew-fury-losing-armed-cops/

The report cites an anonymous source who claims the Duke of York intends to file a formal letter of complaint with the Home Office and Metropolitan Police. The Duke and the Home Office declined to comment.

It says it is "estimated" that the Duke's publicly funded police protection cost about £3 million annually.

As long as he stays on Windsor he will have the security that goes with the estate. He does not do public duties. If that is the criteria then let it be.

As long as he stays on Windsor he will have the security that goes with the estate. He does not do public duties. If that is the criteria then let it be.

exactly. He can always get private security if he is going out of Windsor, and as security is now limited to working royals, I dont see any great case for letting him keep his.

For comparison, what's the Princess Royal's situation? Does she have security 24/7 or only when she does official duties?

I think that now its only when she's on official duties.

But doing so will put his life in danger. What is the need? Andrew has not been arrested or taken to court. These are very drastic measures...

In my mind, protection by the police is for working Royals only - what he is not anymore.

But you are absolutely right: Without protection Andrew will be confined to his residence - house arrest. He is seen as a bad man by many. That does not mean, he will get murdered, but a public slapping would be bad enough! Prince Andrew needs security more than ever!

And if the 3 million Pound annually are right, I wonder, if he can pay this by his own. It is a lot of money!

In my mind, protection by the police is for working Royals only - what he is not anymore.

But you are absolutely right: Without protection Andrew will be confined to his residence - house arrest. He is seen as a bad man by many. That does not mean, he will get murdered, but a public slapping would be bad enough! Prince Andrew needs security more than ever!

And if the 3 million Pound annually are right, I wonder, if he can pay this by his own. It is a lot of money!

It has noting to do with an individuals' opinion. For the past few years, more royals have lost their paid security and its confined to only a few senior royals..who are working. Andrew IS more or less stuck at home, in Windsor, because he has no job and probably not that many places he can go to, outside hte Royal enclave. if he wants security men when he goes away from there he can pay for it himself.

The powers at be might decide on looking at individual situations which could be a compromise. There is no justification for a 3 million pound security bill for a man who stays on a secure estate and goes horse riding.

I am no expert in security matters, but can’t he be granted a policemen when he exits the estate? I mean, he’s still a person in danger, despite his reputation and role within the RF.

3 million pounds it’s a lot, but I assume there are many security options to choose from with a minor budget in 2022. As of now, it looks it’s either 3 million or nothing at all.

I am no expert in security matters, but can’t he be granted a policemen when he exits the estate? I mean, he’s still a person in danger, despite his reputation and role within the RF.

3 million pounds it’s a lot, but I assume there are many security options to choose from with a minor budget in 2022. As of now, it looks it’s either 3 million or nothing at all.

Its up to the police to decide and the rules are now that apart from a few senior royals, noone gets paid security unless they are working royals. Andrew ceased to be a working royal 2 years ago.

He found 12 million pounds in a relatively short space of time to pay off his accuser. If he can do that he can pay for his own security.

Back
Top Bottom