Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans To Marry Diana, Duchess of Cadaval, June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanletizia

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
His Royal Highness Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans, Duke of Anjou and the Duchess of Cadaval, Diana Alvares Pereira de Melo announce their engagement at the Chateau d'Eu in Normandy. The Prince, 34, is the son of Prince and Princess Michel of France. The Duchess, 29, is the 11th Duchess of Cadaval, Portugal. The choice of the Chateau dŐEu as the backdrop for their engagement photos is significant as the property was formerly owned by King Louis-Philippe (1830-1848), an ancestor of Prince Charles-Philippe. The couple will be getting married in June 2008 in Evora, Portugal.

Fotobanka isifa image service

I'm Happy for them

Question, If she the duchess de cadaval and he is the prince of orleans, will her first born be her successor or just another orleans prince or princess?

Last edited:
It is official: the prince Charles-Philippe of Orléans is engaged, since today, with Diana, duchess of Cadaval. The wedding is to take place in Evora, in Portugal, in June.

Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, prince of the French royal family has engaged with the duchess Diana of Cadaval, from the portuguese royal family (both from far younger branches), today in Eu.
Source : Regalis Genealogia, citing ¡Hola! magazine.

is Charles-Philippe d´Orleans Duke of Anjou?

is Charles-Philippe d´Orleans Duke of Anjou?

no, even though that title is in dispute, he is a cousin of the heir to head of the household of orleans

Congratulations to the happy couple! They are a very handsome couple!

Congratulations to them and their families! They look very much in love!:wub:

She reminds me of Pr. Maxima.

I've never heard of the couple, but they look very much in love. Congratulations to them and a happy future!

i don´t know them... but I think they are a very beautiful couple... she looks very nice....

I also do not know this couple but best wishes to them.

Stellad

no, even though that title is in dispute, he is a cousin of the heir to head of the household of orleans

I had that same question because I've known Luis Alfonso to take that title for himself. Anyhow congratulations to the couple!!!

Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans - I checked in the forum for Mathilde's family and he was the boyfriend of Countess Elizabeth.

His title is in dispute with Alfonso and her title is in dispute with her elder sister !

By the way he and Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz seem to have parted on very good terms : he was invited at her wedding !

Wow, another Charles and Diana. I wish them a wonderful life together!

-Ayvee

... a royal wedding in my town (Evora) ...
Congratulations to the couple !

How Did I Miss This??!

These two are my favorite Gotha couple(along with Cristina and Inaki(Spain). They are beautiful together and seem so much in love.

I was hoping that they would make an announcement soon!

Lets hope their marriage is successful. :)

It is official: the prince Charles-Philippe of Orléans is engaged, since today, with Diana, duchess of Cadaval. The wedding is to take place in Evora, in Portugal, in June.

Question, will the children of this union take the title of Dukes/Duchesses of Cadaval, since the bride-to-be is Duchess de Cadaval in her own right, or will they take the title "d'Orleans" after their father Charles-Philippe?

Thank you to anyone who can answer!

Their patronymic name would be "d'Orléans" as it will be their father's name, unless they follow Portuguese use of chosing among ancestor's names, but I don't think it is probable.
About the duchy of Cadaval, Philippe Delorme, journalist at "Point de Vue", had the duke of Bragance himself on telephone, who told him Diana would be duchess of Cadaval for life, then her sister and her sister's children would get it, as it was the wish of their father, and as the duke of Bragance is entitled to do. Philippe Delorme gave this information in "Regalis Genealogia", a Yahoo! Group.

Interesting...So Diane will be HRH Princess Diane, Duchess de Cadaval after the wedding? Or simply HRH Diane d'Orleans, Duchess de Cadaval?

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends in which language : in hispanic countries, women keep their birth name. Anyway, she would be royal highness by marriage, and duchess of Cadaval by herself. I do not know if this title can be worn by the husband, I think it can.

They are beautiful together and seem so much in love.

And they were using every opportunity they could get to show us their love for each other... :cool:.

What do they do for a living btw, I can´t recall reading that he has a job.

And they were using every opportunity they could get to show us their love for each other... :cool:.

What do they do for a living btw, I can´t recall reading that he has a job.

That's a good question! I have no idea...I read that the Prince was consultant at some pharmaceutical company in France, but I don't know if that is still true given that he was arrested in connection with some type of fraud last November that involved the company. At one time the family had a huge personal fortune, but I am not certain if the hereditary fortune still exists.

As for HER, I read in HOLA! that she did an internship at Sotheby's? It seems like all the female aristos do a stint at a museum or auction house. She has recently been involved in restoration of the family castle. I don't know if she has any family wealth either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom