Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde & Family current events 2: Sep 04-Jan 06

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielane said:
I just wish she'd get rid off these hideous black glasses. She looks pregnant on the photos in New York to me.

Its very likely that she is. its been well over a year since the birth of Vittoria.

Hannelore said:
Clotilde with a bag from Belgian brand Delvaux at groud zero. Although I don't like this couple, I must admit Clotilde has a very good style in clothing.
I share your feelings. I dont like them. they're tacky. (those wine commercials:eek: )

however, when Clothilde wants to she can put in a fabulously chic appearance. her style reminds me a bit of princess carolines.

If a whole lot of things were different, she might have made a good princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
clotilde looked beautifully chic and elegant with a point of informality in their last visit to new york. she really knows how to dress sometimes although there are some others that she surprised me with really vulgar outfits. this time, however, she looked magnificent. she also reminds me of caroline, perhaps they both like chanel a lot. i remember that in spain, for felipe and letizia's wedding they wore really similar long dresses for the reception the day before, and both smelled from a long distance of chanel couture.
hope she keeps this lovely look for a long time.

in keeping with the recent "would she have married thread" i'm wondering: would clothilde and EF have married if he were crownprince to the italian throne?

would they have been allowed to marry considering her background as an actress?

pollyemma said:
in keeping with the recent "would she have married thread" i'm wondering: would clothilde and EF have married if he were crownprince to the italian throne?

would they have been allowed to marry considering her background as an actress?

considering Clotilde is a great lady, why not ???
i have doubt when they're first married, but look at them now, happy as ever.
i think we already live beyond time when background determined whether one can marry or not. so, if they're happy with each other, why not?

purple_platinum said:
considering Clotilde is a great lady, why not ???
i have doubt when they're first married, but look at them now, happy as ever.
i think we already live beyond time when background determined whether one can marry or not. so, if they're happy with each other, why not?

yeah i agree. if mette marit and letizia can marry into the royal family than clothild would be ok but would she have wanted to marry him and give up her acting?

Does anyone have photos of EF's wine commercials? does he still do them?

pollyemma said:
is this a special liturgical outfit?
Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde were in New York. They attended a special mass at St Patrick's Cathedral for the Order of St Maurice and Lazarus. The Order is a charitable organisation established by Amedeo VIII of Savoy in the fifteenth century. Prince Vittorio Emanuele is the Grand Master of the Order.

info from Point de Vue, last week.

ps... check out Clotilde's necklace in the last pic of the set of three. Very nice.

Last edited:
Warren said:
ps... check out Clotilde's necklace in the last pic of the set of three. Very nice.
That is indeed a beautiful necklace. I wouldn't mind adding that to my jewellery collection. ;) And one mustn't forget those gorgeous earrings too. Clotilde certainly has very good taste.

pollyemma said:
Does anyone have photos of EF's wine commercials? does he still do them?

Well, he didn't actually advertise wine, but a brand of pickles. At least those were the commercials I saw on the Italian TV. I don't know if he's ever advertised anything else abroad...:confused: Anyway he doesn't do them anymore.

Adry said:
Nice pics of Clotilde:eek:

She reminds me of Claude Lelouch's wife, Italian actress Alessandra Martines (from: alfemminile)

183811024117dwf158721492meh212.jpg

from prweb

Italian Royal Couple - Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy Raise Funds For Hurricane Victims at American Foundation of Savoy Orders Ball in New York City

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, the Prince and Princess of Venice, paid a 48 hour visit to New York City, arriving December 9th, through Sunday evening, December 11th. The Prince is the grandson of the last King of Italy, Umberto II, who died in 1983.

New York, NY (PRWEB) January 6, 2006 -- Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, the Prince and Princess of Venice, paid a 48 hour visit to New York City, arriving December 9th, through Sunday evening, December 11th. The Prince is the grandson of the last King of Italy, Umberto II, who died in 1983.

They participated in events organized by the American Delegation of Savoy Orders, which is part of the Dynastic Orders of the Royal House of Savoy and is among the oldest orders of chivalry in the world.

Their Royal Highnesses visited St. Vincent’s Hospital and presented a check on behalf of the American Foundation of Savoy Orders for a specially equipped ambulance for the Hospital’s Trauma Center.

On Saturday morning, the Prince and Princess made a pilgrimage to Ground Zero at the World Trade Center and laid a memorial wreath at the Victims’ Family Center.

Royal Couple of the House of Savoy and Savoy Orders Raise Funds For Hurricane Victims:

On Saturday evening, The American Foundation of Savoy Orders held its bi-annual Ballo di Savoia. Their Royal Highnesses were guests of honor, and a record crowd of over 200 persons attended to help raise funds for the victims of the recent hurricanes on the United States’ Gulf Coast.

Edward Cardinal Egan Greets Royal Couple of the House of Savoy and Savoy Orders:

The American Delegation of Savoy Orders participated in Mass at the Cathedral of St. Patrick Sunday. Before the Mass, His Eminence greeted Their Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy with US Delegate Carl Morelli, head of the American Delegation. His Eminence, himself a member of the Orders, praised the charitable work of the Savoy Foundation in the US. During the Mass, Cardinal Egan offered special prayers for the members of the Orders, and for the continued success of their charitable endeavors

About The American Delegation of Savoy Orders:

The American Delegation of Savoy Orders, which includes the United States and Canada, is part of the Dynastic Orders of the Royal House of Savoy, and is among the oldest orders of chivalry in the world. Their origins and their principles, traditions and humanitarian goals, like those of Royal House of Savoy that has the hereditary right to confer them, date back a thousand years. HRH Prince Victor Emmanuel IV, Prince of Naples, is son of Italy's last King, Umberto II, Head of the House of Savoy and Grand Master of the Savoy Orders. His son, Prince Emmanuel Philibert, is grandson of the King and Grand Chancellor of the Savoy Orders.

if the news is correct, then i'd say Big Congratulations for Emanuele & Clotilde, and little Vittoria...
a new baby? they deserved it!

i hope there'll be formal announcement soon...

purple_platinum said:
if the news is correct, then i'd say Big Congratulations for Emanuele & Clotilde, and little Vittoria...
a new baby? they deserved it!

i hope there'll be formal announcement soon...

that is wonderful news! i am so happy for them!

great news! Wait for the confirmation, but if this is true is very good news!!!!!!!!!

Savoy or Aosta?

So here's the dilemma: If they have a boy, the Savoy - Aosta "feud" (for want of a better word) will possibly continue for another generation; if the baby is a girl, there is a greater chance of the Aosta line eventually assuming the Headship of the Royal House of Savoy.

But if that's the case, Emanuele Filiberto will be the last male of the Savoy branch and the last male direct descendant of the last three reigning Kings of Italy. From a dynastic viewpoint, the end of any direct Royal line is a great loss.

The pictures from the US in December are great, it's so nice to see them at something which can be considered an official (and a little royal) event, we don't get to see that so often. They're such a handsome couple, Clothilde has a nice personal style.

I hope the pregnancy speculations are true, to that would be great news indeed!

corazon said:
great news! Wait for the confirmation, but if this is true is very good news!!!!!!!!!

Giving that the news will be announced in every "people-media" in France, if it's wrong, there will be a denying.

Warren said:
So here's the dilemma: If they have a boy, the Savoy - Aosta "feud" (for want of a better word) will possibly continue for another generation; if the baby is a girl, there is a greater chance of the Aosta line eventually assuming the Headship of the Royal House of Savoy.

But if that's the case, Emanuele Filiberto will be the last male of the Savoy branch and the last male direct descendant of the last three reigning Kings of Italy. From a dynastic viewpoint, the end of any direct Royal line is a great loss.

I agree, but this royal line doesn't really behave like royal.

Danielane said:
I agree, but this royal line doesn't really behave like royal.

well, every royal family has an "off generation" from time to time. It's entirely possible that EF's children will conduct themselves in a manner worthy of their heritage.

pollyemma said:
well, every royal family has an "off generation" from time to time. It's entirely possible that EF's children will conduct themselves in a manner worthy of their heritage.

I have the impression that since his wedding and since he has a girl, EF has realized more than before he was the grandson of the last king of Italia and that he tried more to have a royal-worth behaviour.

Danielane said:
I have the impression that since his wedding and since he has a girl, EF has realized more than before he was the grandson of the last king of Italia and that he tried more to have a royal-worth behaviour.

well no more wine commercials at any rate- we can be thankful for that!

Warren said:

I'm a bit confused, Warren. Isn't there's already a dillema for Italian RF, between Savoy & Aosta. I understand that there're 2 royal house 'going on' (i dunno if that's the correct term :eek: ), at the same time. I suppose if Emanuele & Clotilde have a baby boy, he will continue the savoy line, but how crucial this is? will the baby boy (if it's a boy) have any obligations, and will 'he' be a prince?

purple_platinum said:
I'm a bit confused, Warren. Isn't there's already a dillema for Italian RF, between Savoy & Aosta. I understand that there're 2 royal house 'going on' (i dunno if that's the correct term :eek: ), at the same time. I suppose if Emanuele & Clotilde have a baby boy, he will continue the savoy line, but how crucial this is? will the baby boy (if it's a boy) have any obligations, and will 'he' be a prince?
The Aosta branch appears more "Royal" and better-behaved than the current Savoy branch, so some Italian monarchists prefer the Aostas. If the Savoy direct failed through lack of a male heir, Aosta would become the senior line. The "dilemma" was my tongue in cheek response to the prospect of a future Savoy heir

The continuation of the Savoy line is only crucial to dynasts, royal romantics, and to the Savoys themselves and their supporters. A son of Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde will be a Prince of Savoy, Royal Highness. The only royal duties and obligations are in representing an ancient and proud Royal House, and maintaining its traditions. I'm hoping for a boy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom