Prince Feisal Current Events 1: September 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course,works hard at his military job and also in sports activities. He is a great brother and supporter for KA.

I think p.ali will be with king :)

I hope that xavi .. We have to wait for the beginning of his trip to Azerbaijan on Saturday.

I'm not sure whether I should ask this here. But, why have Hamzah and Hashem stopped to serve as Regent?

I'm not sure whether I should ask this here. But, why have Hamzah and Hashem stopped to serve as Regent?

If faisal the older is here then he is the regent ; i.e according to their order / age

Yes, as long as he doesn't have a health problem, the oldest prince at home (in Jordan) becomes the regent when His Majesty is abroad. It is a result of Arab culture. Traditionally, the older you are, the more attention and respect you receive.:flowers: and you are considered responsible of your younger family members.

Yes, as long as he doesn't have a health problem, the oldest prince at home (in Jordan) becomes the regent when His Majesty is abroad. It is a result of Arab culture. Traditionally, the older you are, the more attention and respect you receive.:flowers: and you are considered responsible of your younger family members.
I dont think that is the reason .. I think KِA is focusing on prince Faisal specifically in the recent period , I dont know why?

Last edited:
Reeda, you mean their order/age doesn't matter at all? Abdullah just favours his only full brother perhaps? ;)

I wonder what does he think he's going to win from all this... :rolleyes:

I wonder what does he think he's going to win from all this... :rolleyes:

What I meant by political reasons, is what is happening in the Middle East:ermm:The royal family had nothing to do about it also there have been a lot of internal problems in Jordan in the recent period and Prince Faisal is more experienced than p.Hamza and p.Hashim in these matters.

Last edited:
Yes, I see what you mean. I wish Abdullah didn't underestimate his younger brothers that much, that's all.

Yes, I see what you mean. I wish Abdullah didn't underestimate his younger brothers that much, that's all.
It is not an underestimation matter dear, Prince Faisal served in the army for many years more than Hamza and Hashim`s total years of service together, Since the eighties.They Were studying abroad.

Last edited:
That was the point I was trying to get. The older you are the more experienced you are. If Princess Alia binti Al Hussein was male, she would get the regent position more often than the other brothers. I think that's not something about being a full brother or half brother.:)

That was the point I was trying to get. The older you are the more experienced you are. If Princess Alia binti Al Hussein was male, she would get the regent position more often than the other brothers. I think that's not something about being a full brother or half brother.:)
She would be the king , if she was a male :)

When her mother's second marriage is taken into consideration, it might be difficult. Oh what a speculation I am making. :lol:Anyway, I think you guys got my point.:)

What you said about the regent question is totally correct, wingsofsky, it is not a question of full and half brothers, but of seniority (age).
And if Alia bint Hussein was a male, she would be king now (I do not think that King Hussein would have named his brother Hassan crown prince in 1965 when Alia - who was several years older than Abdullah and not half-British - would have been a boy).

King Hussein appointed Abdullah as crown prince on his birthday 30\1\1962 and decided to appoint Prince Hassan later due to political circumstances at that time and not because Abdullah is half British. If Alia was a boy , she would be the king becaue she would be the eldest son of the king .older than Abdallah not because her mother is Hashimite. The issue is not ethnic ..if it were, the king would appoint prince Ali because his mother the late Queen is an Arab.
Perhaps because of changing the succession line to the throne, King Abdullah does not trust Prince Hamzah and Hashim, but i think the only reason is that Faisal is more experienced than Hamzah and Hashim.

Last edited:
I think it was my example which started all this discussion. Sorry for starting this off the topic discussion. History can't be written by "what could have happened"s. When it comes to our topic, I think the regent position is a symbolic one in today's world, which is full of communication means. I can't imagine the regent can take decisions which the King wouldn't approve. Also His Majesty, the King trusts all his brothers when it comes to the future and development of Jordan. All the members of the Royal Family love their people and want to serve both Jordan and the King.But experience, which comes with years, may be a main factor in choosing a regent.:flowers:

I think it was my example which started all this discussion. Sorry for starting this off the topic discussion. History can't be written by "what could have happened"s. When it comes to our topic, I think the regent position is a symbolic one in today's world, which is full of communication means. I can't imagine the regent can take decisions which the King wouldn't approve. Also His Majesty, the King trusts all his brothers when it comes to the future and development of Jordan. All the members of the Royal Family love their people and want to serve both Jordan and the King.But experience, which comes with years, may be a main factor in choosing a regent.:flowers:
I agree with you dear :)

King Hussein appointed Abdullah as crown prince on his birthday 30\1\1962 and decided to appoint Prince Hassan later due to political circumstances at that time and not because Abdullah is half British. If Alia was a boy , she would be the king becaue she would be the eldest son of the king .older than Abdallah not because her mother is Hashimite. The issue is not ethnic ..if it were, the king would appoint prince Ali because his mother the late Queen is an Arab.
Perhaps because of changing the succession line to the throne, King Abdullah does not trust Prince Hamzah and Hashim, but i think the only reason is that Faisal is more experienced than Hamzah and Hashim.

Those political cicumstances you mentioned made it problematic in the 1960s (to say dangerous for the survival of the Hashemite throne if something would have happened to the king) to have a half British toddler as next in line to the throne (at the climax of Arab nationalism). Because Alia was much older in 1965 (+ Arab), I doubt that KH would have seen with her as his eldest son that urgent need to change the succession. The same circumstances didn't exist any more in more recent times (but because you mentioned PAli: he really was declared deputy crown prince - after PHassan - in an official letter by KH in June 1978, and explicitly as QAlia's son; but the king changed his mind later on).
But wingsofsky is right, it's pointless to speculate about what would have happened if ..., and I also agree with her words on the regent and the king's brothers.

Those political cicumstances you mentioned made it problematic in the 1960s (to say dangerous for the survival of the Hashemite throne if something would have happened to the king) to have a half British toddler as next in line to the throne (at the climax of Arab nationalism). Because Alia was much older in 1965 (+ Arab), I doubt that KH would have seen with her as his eldest son that urgent need to change the succession. The same circumstances didn't exist any more in more recent times (but because you mentioned PAli: he really was declared deputy crown prince - after PHassan - in an official letter by KH in June 1978; but the king changed his mind later on).
But wingsofsky is right, it's pointless to speculate about what would have happened if ..., and I also agree with her words on the regent and the king's brothers.
Excuse me,before we move on and back to our topic i want to mention something. The danger was in Abdullah`s age not his british origins. He was only 3 years old , needs about 15-14 years to reach the legal age and 15 years without a King in the Middle East at that time is too long beacause the regent dont have all the king`s constitutional powers. That is why king Hussein changed the succession line. He always wanted one of his sons in the throne after him or after cp Hassan at least. His advisers advised him in 1999 to appoint his eldest son because constitutionally p Abdullah was the legitimate heir to the throne, so appointing any of his other sons Requires a constitutional amendment and also unfair.
Now I think that King Abdullah depends on his brother P Faisal because of his long experience.:ermm:

Last edited:
reeda, as I said before, it was both - age and origins, and it was then not a matter of principle or law but of political cleverness and public mood (KH even amended in 1965 the constitution to be able to name a brother, and in 1978 when he thought about Ali as heir after Hassan, although Ali was not his eldest son, the question of origins was not yet out of the picture; I remember those times very well and all the discussions then; but all that changed in later years).
But let's move back to PFeisal now, it's his thread.

reeda, as I said before, it was both - age and origins, and it was then not a matter of principle or law but of political cleverness and public mood (KH even amended in 1965 the constitution to be able to name a brother, and in 1978 when he thought about Ali as heir after Hassan, although Ali was not his eldest son, the question of origins was not yet out of the picture; I remember those times very well and all the discussions then; but all that changed in later years).
But let's move back to PFeisal now, it's his thread.
I think king Hussein wanted one of his sons in the throne after was ,no matter who will be among his five children .. May be at that time he was under his 3rd wife influence. Any way let us move on now and back to our topic.:)
You are welcome NoorMeansLight:) hope our posts will not be deleted.

I do not believe that HM King Abdullah underestimates his younger brothers. I believe that the precedence comes with age, so from older to younger, as seen in many royal families in the Arab world. Accordingly the priority would be for Feisal, Ali, Hamzah and then Hashem. All have been regent at one time or another. Once CP Hussein comes of age, then he would probably take precedence over King Abdullah's brothers. It therefore has nothing to do with full/half brothers. King Abdullah has supported all his brothers and they are there to serve their nation.

Back
Top Bottom