Prince Jean Christophe Napoléon and Princess Olympia and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it was said that the stars come from the Arco-Zinneberg-Family. Therewhere given by Empress Siss's daugfhter Gisela to Princess Gundelinde of Bavaria when she married the Count Johann Georg of Preyseing-Lichtenegg-Moos. They where the maternal grandparents of Count Riprand.
Countess Marie Beratrice of Arco-Zinneberg wore a huge diamond and ruby tiara with necklace at the luxembrugian pre-Wedding Gala in 2012 which apparently belongs to the Arco-Zinneberg Family.

I found this picture of her at the pre-wedding, behind Victoria.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/6f/de/ca6fde90dd10bf344103ae1273b6d544.jpg

Huge tiara. Likely not the best suited to be a wedding tiara.

Another Royal Wedding on the way!!

Congratulations to the couple!!

I found this picture of her at the pre-wedding, behind Victoria.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/6f/de/ca6fde90dd10bf344103ae1273b6d544.jpg

Huge tiara. Likely not the best suited to be a wedding tiara.

That is the one i was talking about. Yes it is very huge and as i has coloured stones not very likely to be used as a Wedding tiara. Countess Olimpia's grandmother Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este has another sammler bandeau like diamond tiara which was worn by herself and her daughters Maria Beatrice and Isabella at their weddings. It was worn in 2011 by Archduchess Katharina, the wife of Olimpia's uncle Archduke Martin so it could be that this is no owend by him.

That is the one i was talking about. Yes it is very huge and as i has coloured stones not very likely to be used as a Wedding tiara. Countess Olimpia's grandmother Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este has another sammler bandeau like diamond tiara which was worn by herself and her daughters Maria Beatrice and Isabella at their weddings. It was worn in 2011 by Archduchess Katharina, the wife of Olimpia's uncle Archduke Martin so it could be that this is no owend by him.

Yes, it's a very pretty and suitable little tiara
https://goo.gl/images/vcqQiS

Last edited:
Do we know anything from where it came from? Is it also a piece from the Savoy Family like her other Jewels?.
Pure speculation, but wouldn't it most likely be a Savoy heirloom or a wedding gift? I doubt that Empress Zita had a tiara to leave to her son.

Last edited:
Pure speculation, but wouldn't it most possibly be a Savoy heirloom or a wedding gift? I doubt that Empress Zita had a tiara to leave to her son.
Could also be an Orleans piece coming from Margherita's mother. Or a converted necklace.

Could also be an Orleans piece coming from Margherita's mother. Or a converted necklace.
Oh yes, it could! I'm having a look around at the moment to see if I find anything.
When I say Savoy heirloom I meant from both Margherita's father's and mother's families

The Dowager Archduchess of Habsbourg owns 2 tiaras .
Prince Lorenz is the owner of one tiara . He loans it to the Arco bride because he was his Godfather but the pale velvet done for Princess Astrid was not removed.

Prince Jean seems a quite private person. He is also not actively promoting bonapartism, like his father. Just two low profile persons, father and son. We saw Prince Jean with the commemoration of the Battle of Waterloo but then he retreated into privacy again. Of couse Prince Jean-Christophe is neither a descendant of Emperor Napoléon I nor a descendant of Emperor Napoléon III. In fact none of his Napoléon ancestors had any position in the French monarchy, so that probably what makes him and his father being modest (and realistic) on Bonapartism.

Last edited:
His best supporter is his Grand Mother Princesse Alix , still alive. i hope she will be able to attend the wedding.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers: Another royal wedding to look forward to.

Prince Jean seems a quite private person. He is also not actively promoting bonapartism, like his father. Just two low profile persons, father and son. We saw Prince Jean with the commemoration of the Battle of Waterloo but then he retreated into privacy again. Of couse Prince Jean-Christophe is neither a descendant of Emperor Napoléon I nor a descendant of Emperor Napoléon III. In fact none of his Napoléon ancestors had any position in the French monarchy, so that probably what makes him and his father being modest (and realistic) on Bonapartism.

He's not, indeed, promoting Bonapartism but he's very active, like is Grandmother, in the promotion of the Napoléons legacy. He's regularly seen in commemorative masses, exhibitions and military ceremonies.

In the news that said : an Imperial Wedding to come..The Wedding of the Year !

We will have Gabriella Windsor , Theodora of Greece and if Oggi is not wrong Charlotte Casiraghi s ' Weddings ....

Last edited:
If my memory serves me correctly, Olympia von Arco is a close friend of her cousin Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, in which case one could expect that branch of the Belgian royal family to be present at the wedding.

I quite like the smaller wedding tiara (would love to know the provenance) of Margherita. Perhaps if it is owned by Martin, he would loan it to his niece, like Robert did to Anna-Theresa. I prefer it to the massive Savoy-Aosta tiara, at least as a bridal tiara goes. That is if she wants to use a family tiara, and not wear something from her groom's family.

Or she could wear the stars like her sister did, and wear a tiara from her groom' family. Something from both her past and her future.

No senior royal weddings this year, but certainly a nice run of former royal and royal relative weddings. Theodora and Olimpia (former) and Gabriella and possibly Charlotte Cassiraghi.

I know from the weddings thread there are plenty of minor royal and aristo weddings every year but not many that get much attention beyond a mention there.

If my memory serves me correctly, Olympia von Arco is a close friend of her cousin Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, in which case one could expect that branch of the Belgian royal family to be present at the wedding.

Considering Lorenz is her Uncle, I'd be surprised if we didn't see them out in full at the wedding. Even if she isn't close to Maria Laura. Even if this is a 'private' wedding (we can have photos even of a private wedding, just as leave church by a royal blogger likely) there will be a number of guests there from the minor royals and aristocrats. I'd expect her close family to be there in full.

Last edited:
King Baudouin , Queen Fabiola and the Princes of Liege attend Princess Catherine Napoleon's Wedding with a Ruffo di Calabria. King Baudouin was very close to Prince Louis Napoleon.
This Wedding ended with a divorce such as most of Prince Napoleon Children.

At her sisters Wedding last year mot of their belgian relatives where present and from Luxemburg the Grand Duchess with Guillaume, Stephanie, Felix, Claire and other luxemburg Family members attended. And also the groom's Family is close to the luxemubrgian GDF his grandmother attended the funeral of Grand Duchess Joséphone-Charlotte and he attended the Wedding in 2012.

Si it is very likely that there will be several very prominent guests at the upcoming Wedding.

King Baudouin , Queen Fabiola and the Princes of Liege attend Princess Catherine Napoleon's Wedding with a Ruffo di Calabria. King Baudouin was very close to Prince Louis Napoleon.
This Wedding ended with a divorce such as most of Prince Napoleon Children.

Wasn't the groom a nephew of Queen Paola?

At her sisters Wedding last year mot of their belgian relatives where present and from Luxemburg the Grand Duchess with Guillaume, Stephanie, Felix, Claire and other luxemburg Family members attended. And also the groom's Family is close to the luxemubrgian GDF his grandmother attended the funeral of Grand Duchess Joséphone-Charlotte and he attended the Wedding in 2012.

Si it is very likely that there will be several very prominent guests at the upcoming Wedding.

Wasn't the groom a nephew of Queen Paola?

The groom was indeed a nephew of Queen Paola's, Nicolò San Martino d'Agliè. He was the son of Paola's eldest sister Maria Cristina.

I simply cannot imagine leaving something THAT valuable in a parked car.....:ohmy:

How unfortunate, but pretty stupid to leave such a valuable piece in a car. These kind of thefts are rarely solved.

Last edited:
horrible news. olympia must be rather heartbroken.

It's a big loss and sad to hear, though it was silly of Olympia to leave a ring of such value on display in the first place (heck, I'm even worried about leaving an old shopping bag on display, but I wouldn't have any 40 carat jewellery in my house let alone my car :D). Hopefully she'll have learnt, unfortunately the hard way, to be more careful with her valuables.

Her Fiancé must be devasted and I hope the Dowager Princess Napoléon will never know it.

I guess my grandparents were right to panic everytime anyone of us left something visible in the car...

The situation with the engagement ring is strange. It is hard to believe that Olympia would leave a piece of the heirloom jewellery in a car

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom