Prince Joachim, Current Events Part 3: June 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, no, no, no!

This is the reason why gentlemen should always wear double-breasted suits.
Joachim's tie is "dripping". :ermm:
That I should live to see this...:sad:

Thank you nevertheless, ladies. :flowers:

Apart from that, this is a part of maintaining J&M's affiliation with Southern Jutland. The Danish part of the Wadden Sea, which stretch all the way down Germany and across the Dutch coast is located in Southern Jutland. Not far from Schackenborg.
The Wadden Sea is a popular tourist destination and a favorite spot for ornithologists, because so many birds arrive here, either to breed or to refuel before flying further north in the spring, and also stop here to stay for the winter or refuel before going south in the autumn.
- And on occasion the eels feed on a careless tourist as well, who is surprised by the tide.

At low tide you can walk out to sea for kilometers. The air is so fresh and the bright sky is endless, an almost intoxicating feeling. You watch the sun setting, in a red sky adorned with silhouettes of birds and the sound of their calls. It's enchantingly beautiful.
You look at the sea a kilometer or two away. There is plenty of time to stroll back to higher ground before the tide turns. Back to the car and the warm, cozy summer cottage.

Then all of a sudden the sea is closing in and you start to walk faster. Oh, the tide has turned. But the high ground is only a kilometer or so away, no worry.
You can't out-walk the sea though, because all of a sudden the sea has begun to pass you and now you start to run! But the sand is soft and when you look down the sea has now reached you and is creeping up your ankles.
Now you get scared! You reach for the phone, but they need time to get a helicopter up and locate you, while you tell them that you are now standing knee-high in the middle of the bloody ocean!
That's when you start to run. Really run! But you can't run fast in the water, especially with rubber boots full of water. You stumble, get soaked. And the water is cold, so numbingly cold!
By now some panic and begin to swim, but it's so cold - and if you are not located and rescued within minutes you soon tire and give up.
Some weeks later your body is washed ashore.
That happens practically every single year.

Last edited:
No, no, no, no!

This is the reason why gentlemen should always wear double-breasted suits.
Joachim's tie is "dripping". :ermm:
That I should live to see this...:sad:

Thank you nevertheless, ladies. :flowers:

Apart from that, this is a part of maintaining J&M's affiliation with Southern Jutland. The Danish part of the Wadden Sea, which stretch all the way down Germany and across the Dutch coast is located in Southern Jutland. Not far from Schackenborg.
The Wadden Sea is a popular tourist destination and a favorite spot for ornithologists, because so many birds arrive here, either to breed or to refuel before flying further north in the spring, and also stop here to stay for the winter or refuel before going south in the autumn.
- And on occasion the eels feed on a careless tourist as well, who is surprised by the tide.

At low tide you can walk out to sea for kilometers. The air is so fresh and the bright sky is endless, an almost intoxicating feeling. You watch the sun setting, in a red sky adorned with silhouettes of birds and the sound of their calls. It's enchantingly beautiful.
You look at the sea a kilometer or two away. There is plenty of time to stroll back to higher ground before the tide turns. Back to the car and the warm, cozy summer cottage.

Then all of a sudden the sea is closing in and you start to walk faster. Oh, the tide has turned. But the high ground is only a kilometer or so away, no worry.
You can't out-walk the sea though, because all of a sudden the sea has begun to pass you and now you start to run! But the sand is soft and when you look down the sea has now reached you and is creeping up your ankles.
Now you get scared! You reach for the phone, but they need time to get a helicopter up and locate you, while you tell them that you are now standing knee-high in the middle of the bloody ocean!
That's when you start to run. Really run! But you can't run fast in the water, especially with rubber boots full of water. You stumble, get soaked. And the water is cold, so numbingly cold!
By now some panic and begin to swim, but it's so cold - and if you are not located and rescued within minutes you soon tire and give up.
and this is why you should never go out in the Waddenzee (Dutch spelling!) without a guide or in a group.:bang:

and this is why you should never go out in the Waddenzee (Dutch spelling!) without a guide or in a group.:bang:

The tragic thing is that this most often happens to groups or pairs.

What I described above happened to a German family a few years ago.
Two grandparents and a grandchild.
At some point the grandmother and and grandchild found a slight rise in the sea-bottom and decided to stand there, with the water well up their legs, while the grandfather tried to swim for help.
The grandfather never made it. The two left behind were found in the last moment, suffering from severe hypothermia.

:ohmy::ohmy: and that's why I respect the sea too much.

Today, February 5, Prince Joachim attended the re-naming ceremony of the Karup Airport in central Jutland near the towns of Herning, Holsterbro, Viborg and Silkeborg. It's now called "Midtjylland Airport":

** Pic **

the photo looks so dramatic. :cool: An unveiling with flair ;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2017.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Recently Joachim opened the Wadden Sea Center. The purpose of the center being to inform and educate the public and not least schools about the unique nature, which is on the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites.

Each year some 15 million migrating birds make a pit-stop at the Wadden Sea. (At times you can hardly walk fifty paces without tripping over an ornithologist with twigs in the hair... :p)

Anyway, the Wadden sea, which is located pretty close to Schackenborg is something Joachim is very familiar with, both alone and with his family.
"So much is happening out in the Wadden Sea - no matter whether the sea and sky is in uproar or whether you have the most calm and marvelous summers day".
Joachim is fond of oysters and often go to the Wadden Sea to forage.
"I'm most willing to help relieve nature of oysters".
But he won't disclose where: "No, that I won't say. It's too got a spot to reveal. But I do make a dedicated effort to reduce the population (of oysters)".

He also said: "I fortunately come so often to Schackenborg that I don't have time to miss it. But it's always a pleasure to come down here and experience something new".

- The center is located near the town of Ribe, which is one of the oldest towns in DK, almost predating the Viking Age. Apart from the odd sailing expedition the Romans never reached Scandinavia. So Scandinavia looked like the British Isles before the Romans came, for about 500 years more. I.e. there were very few towns.

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

An important thing to put focus on.
The volunteers, often unnoticed, play an increasingly and important role in the total defense. Called out more often than what is known to the general public.

Prince Joachim spoke at the Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference today, May 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

One more picture from Joachim attending the Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference, on May 4th

http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/dsc_8169.jpg?itok=njUSF-AP
not wearing a tie :eek:;);)

There is of course a perfectly rational explanation.
On the way to the event, Joachim was set upon by brigands who in a swift, well-drilled and well-executed action snatched his tie.
I understand that in the underworld items worn by Joachim fetch extraordinary high prizes as they are considered the very definition of gentleman's fashion.
- It's true, the voices tell me. ;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #19, 2017.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Joachim talking about what modern royalty is to foreign students.

Joachim recently took part in Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference and here he asked various questions from international students, especially about the role of royals in a democracy.

Joachim said among other things: "We are not cartoon-figures, but also a family which blends into the community - who from time to time pops up".

How does he view himself when he is going on official visits abroad?
"I consider myself an ambassador and I'll like to be the dream-guest. That's why I'm always well-prepared and I ensure I follow the customs of the country. My parents have taught me to meet people's expectations".

But how about the DRF now also being on Facebook and Instagram?
"That was about time in my opinion. We are well aware that there may be questions and perhaps insults. But it's important that we as a modern monarchy reach out to the world. It's no big help that we have marble-statues made in order for people to see how we look". Here Joachim raised his mobile, and getting a good laugh back in return.

How about the Danes time and time again being proclaimed the happiest people in the world?
"For the first time in number of years Norway takes first place. And I'm actually glad. The Danes may have felt a bit too complacent. Next years we are number one again).

He also talked about the Danish work-culture: "In Denmark you have a good balance between work and family life. Yes, we actually expect from our employees that they also have a private life".

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

The annual Nordic Tank Challenge is a competition of skill between NATO tank-crews, in which a range of scenarios are played out in regards to fighting other tanks, but also concealment, range-finding, getting out of ambushes, engaging multiple targets and fighting on the run.
The best crew in all disciplines win.

Last edited:
Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Here is a HQ photo: http://billedeupload.dk/images/SARBZ.jpg
And a small gallery from the box-car event: CRAA 2017 Fredag - Spotted

I guess The Siesbye daughter and mademoiselle Athena are what do you call it? Car-models? Car-chicks? :lol:

And despite nasty gossip, Joachim sure can't talk his way out of being Felix dad anymore!

Prince Joachim and the kids attended the opening of the Classic Race in Aarhus yesterday, May 19:

** BB: Prins Joachim hjalp børnene til sæbekasseløb ** translation **

:previous:

I guess the girls would be indignant about being called car-models or chicks, they are drivers! :D;)

Some pics of today have been shared on the official Facebook page, Prince Joachim participated in the race, Queen Margrethe and the kids were present again:

** fb gallery **

Perhaps it was before the reformation-event started?

I think everything Joachim told her about cars went in one ear and out the other... Cars not being her main interest. :lol:

I imagine Joachim and children plus friends stayed at Marselisborg (the adjacent cavallier-building that is) this weekend.

--------------------

ADDED: The question about where to stay is solved: http://aarhus.lokalavisen.dk/tv-dro...s-/Lokale-nyheder/20170521/artikler/705219903
QMII stayed aboard Dannebrog during her visit to Aarhus.

Also interesting is how such unscheduled visits takes place. The PR-man of the Classic Car event got a phone-call informing him that QMII would arrive at the race within half an hour.

And here are two nice photos: http://stiften.dk/article_gallery/454727

Last edited:
Nice seeing the Queen with her son and grandkids. A fun day I bet

Prince Joachim attended the start of the EV Trophy electric car rally at Christiansborg Palace Square today, May 24 (and was asked to comment on Roger Moore's death, see the BB article) :

** kongehuset.dk gallery: EV Trophy el-bil rally **

** BB: Prins Joachim: Roger Moore var et stort menneske ** translation **

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Interesting that BB says Joachim was a close friend of Roger Moore. - But one has to be careful when magazines use the word "close friend". But if that's the case J&M may attend his funeral.

Back
Top Bottom