Prince Louis and Sons, News and Events, Part 1: April 2019 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Luxembourg princes are usually very discreet when it comes to their love life. That Louis takes Scarlet to an award ceremony and poses with her for the photographers might mean that it they are getting very serious. So it won't surprise me it we get an announcement some time next year.

The Luxembourg princes are usually very discreet when it comes to their love life. That Louis takes Scarlet to an award ceremony and poses with her for the photographers might mean that it they are getting very serious. So it won't surprise me it we get an announcement some time next year.

she seems princess material, and also in the past we've seen felix bringing claire to many events and weddings before marrying, so you are probably correct.

I hope his sons already know and like her.

I agree. Prince Louis knows what he is doing when he is taking her to such an event and posing with her.

So, both Tessy and Louis now have someone new in their lives (assuming Tessy is still dating the guy that she was seeing in March).

Is this the only photo we've seen of Louis and Scarlett together? I personally want to wait until there's more "confirmation" i.e. a photo of them hugging or kissing, that suggests they're in a relationship, before I judge whether she's "princess material" or not.

Louis is interviewed in this video, association Neurodiversité France interview with Claire Stride
Claire Stride, Béatrice Sauvageot, Hugo Horiot and Louis de Nassau come together to talk to you about trust from all angles in the life of atypical people.

:previous: I can't believe Gabriel is 14 already - time flies! I hope he had a lovely birthday yesterday.

Some people have the type of beauty they are attracted to.

They venture as far as saying she is his fiancée! We shall see if we get an annoucement in the new year, but it would highly surprise me if he was to marry again when he only divorced one year ago.

https://www.purepeople.com/media/le-prince-louis-du-luxembourg-et-sa-fian_m5255594
Le prince Louis du Luxembourg et sa fiancée - 43ème édition des Best Award à Paris le 8 décembre 2019.

The term "sa fiancée" in French can also be translated to mean "steady girlfriend" in English, which is probably the case with Prince Louis and Scarlett-Lauren.

Last edited:
The German magazine Bunte, published an article where it reveals more information about Prince Louis' girlfriend, Scarlett-Lauren.
Scarlett-Lauren works as a lawyer at the law firm of her parents Pierre (64) and Scarlett Sirgue, with offices in Bordeaux and Paris.
Scarlett-Lauren belongs to a renowned family of lawyers.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...mburg-neue-liebe-nach-scheidungsschlacht.html

Bunte really is the epitome of boulevard press. They make the most idiot stories, often larded with pictures showing "promis" with ridiculously photoshopped white teeth. They can be right anyway, but Bunte had such a poor reputation, I would not use it for the cat litter, brrrr.

Bunte really is the epitome of boulevard press. They make the most idiot stories, often larded with pictures showing "promis" with ridiculously photoshopped white teeth. They can be right anyway, but Bunte had such a poor reputation, I would not use it for the cat litter, brrrr.

Even so, Bunte must be the most reliable of the German magazines in this segment.
I think the article must be reliable because it reveals the names of her parents and the information about the law firm must also be true, and that is what matters in the article.
The rest of the article is of no interest.

I thought Gabriel was born as 'de Nassau' but according to Tessy, he was christened as 'Antony':
On 12 March 2006, she gave birth to a boy, christened Gabriel Michael Louis Ronny Antony later named De Nassau, who was born at a private Swiss hospital, Clinic des Grangettes, in Geneva. The baby was the first grandchild for Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
Source

I thought Gabriel was born as 'de Nassau' but according to Tessy, he was christened as 'Antony':

On 12 March 2006, she gave birth to a boy, christened Gabriel Michael Louis Ronny Antony later named De Nassau, who was born at a private Swiss hospital, Clinic des Grangettes, in Geneva. The baby was the first grandchild for Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.

Source

That is strange. I am not sure how they could have gotten around the law. Only from May 1, 2006 were mothers allowed to transmit their last names to their children, at least when the child was legally recognized by the father.

Choisir le prénom et le nom de famille de l'enfant - Citoyens // Luxembourg

Given that she uses the word "christened", is it allowed in the Catholic Church to baptize a child under a name different from their legal one?

That is strange. I am not sure how they could have gotten around the law. Only from May 1, 2006 were mothers allowed to transmit their last names to their children, at least when the child was legally recognized by the father.

Given that she uses the word "christened", is it allowed in the Catholic Church to baptize a child under a name different from their legal one?
Very interesting. I tried to find source from the time of birth but so far haven't been successful.

Edit: Found something: Wikipedia linked to an archived article in Wort.lu that specifically stated that the court did not want to comment on the child's surname. Luxarazzi's comment that 'after his parents' marriage' Gabriel was styled as 'Gabriel de Nassau' would suggest that Gabriel probably wasn't before - but that's rather strange if the law dictated that Gabriel would have his father's surname from birth.

In my experience, in most churches only the 'first names' and 'middle names' (in Dutch: 'doopnamen' (christening names) are used at a christening and not the surname; but they should be exactly the same as the legal names.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I tried to find source from the time of birth but so far haven't been successful.

Edit: Found something: Wikipedia linked to an archived article in Wort.lu that specifically stated that the court did not want to comment on the child's surname. Luxarazzi's comment that 'after his parents' marriage' Gabriel was styled as 'Gabriel de Nassau' would suggest that Gabriel probably wasn't before - but that's rather strange if the law dictated that Gabriel would have his father's surname from birth.

In my experience, in most churches only the 'first names' and 'middle names' (in Dutch: 'doopnamen' (christening names) are used at a christening and not the surname; but they should be exactly the same as the legal names.

Thanks. In addition: For what reason would the Grand Duke have issued his decree of February 3, 2006 to change the surname of male-line descendants from "Nassau" to "of Nassau", if not to take care of Gabriel?

At that point in time, all other male-line descendants were titled and already could use their title "(Prince/Princess) of Nassau" as a last name if they wished.

He was born in Switzerland so he would have been registered there. Swiss law is different then Luxembourg. Under Swiss law, if a couple was unmarried, the child would take the surname of his mother. If they were married, it would be the choice of the couple what surname to use for the family (but hyphen is not allowed).

He was born in Switzerland so he would have been registered there. Swiss law is different then Luxembourg. Under Swiss law, if a couple was unmarried, the child would take the surname of his mother. If they were married, it would be the choice of the couple what surname to use for the family (but hyphen is not allowed).

That's a good point, but it seems for the majority of countries, the names of non-citizens are governed by the laws of the country of which they hold citizenship. Would Luxembourg law allow Swiss law to be applied to the name of one of its citizens (or was Gabriel a Swiss citizen at birth)?

That's a good point, but it seems for the majority of countries, the names of non-citizens are governed by the laws of the country of which they hold citizenship. Would Luxembourg law allow Swiss law to be applied to the name of one of its citizens (or was Gabriel a Swiss citizen at birth)?

No Switzerland doesn't grant citizenship based on birthplace. Only by blood. You have to have at least one parent who is Swiss. If my father was Swiss, I would automatically have been Swiss even if born in Canada, until I was 22. If I didn't register at 22, I would lose the citizenship.

But his birth was still registered, and the birth certificate would have been issued in Switzerland. I don't think Luxembourg would have been able to protest the Swiss government following its own laws in this case.

According to the biography of Prince Louis on the website of the Monarchy of Luxembourg.
Prince Louis currently lives in Paris and works as a consultant for Laurent Meeschaert Conseil. It helps people get to know each other better, recognize their strengths and weaknesses, learn how and where to make the best use of them, and participate in internal and external conflict management. It plans to offer its consulting services to companies and individuals.

https://lmconseil.pro/en/our-team/

According to the biography of Prince Louis on the website of the Monarchy of Luxembourg.
Prince Louis currently lives in Paris and works as a consultant for Laurent Meeschaert Conseil. It helps people get to know each other better, recognize their strengths and weaknesses, learn how and where to make the best use of them, and participate in internal and external conflict management. It plans to offer its consulting services to companies and individuals.

https://lmconseil.pro/en/our-team/

That has been known for two years now.
Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2_ April 2017 - April 2019 - Page 16 - The Royal Forums

Gabriel's interview
RTL Today - Teenage Truth Interview – Luxembourg’s young Royals_ My interview with Luxembourg’s Prince Gabriel

Last edited:
It seems Gabriel is growing up to be a nice and well adjusted teenager. Kudos to his parents in that regard!

Whatever you think of Tessy I think there's no denying that she and Louis have done a great job of parenting so far. Gabriel and Noah seem to be charming boys.

I had some qualms about Gabriel being interviewed but it being done by another teenager (from Luxembourg) makes a huge difference. He doesn't really seem to have a personality yet (or doesn't want us to know about it); he likes almost everything (that was his 'go to answer' for most questions) and wants to help people (by giving them money for now; and probably as a vet or medical doctor in the future).

Back
Top Bottom