Princely Houses of Sayn-Wittgenstein 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karolinabraganza

Nobility
The Princely House of Sayn-Wittgenstein

Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn
Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein

~ ¤ ~

Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn.jpg

Arms of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn

¤ ¤ ¤

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. The Paris Hilton of German royalty? :(

Last edited:
HAMBURG, GERMANY - JANUARY 11: Baroness Julia von Jenisch (L) and Princess Bettina zu Sayn-Wittgenstein attend the 100th anniversary of German luxury goods maker Montblanc at the Laeiszhalle January 11, 2006, in Hamburg, Germany.

(from getty)
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1616/565733160jo.jpg

Princess Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn during King Juan Carlos of Spain's visit to Baden Württemberg in Stuttgart, Germany
February 2nd, 2006

(from seegerpress)

Was the Princely House of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg part of the Holy Roman Empire? I know that Prince Richard and his family are Lutherans. Also, how close are he various members of this princely house?

michelleq said:
Was the Princely House of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg part of the Holy Roman Empire? I know that Prince Richard and his family are Lutherans.
Casimir, Count zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg was raised to the rank of Prince of the Holy Roman Empire in 1792. S-W-B later became one of the Mediatised Sovereign Houses.

Princes of the Empire could be Protestant or Roman Catholic; among the power-players who elected the Emperor were the Protestant Hanovers, who were made Electors in 1692.

Does someone know the birthdate of princess Stella zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg, first daughter and second child of prince Sebastian zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg and his wife princess Julie?
Sebastian is the son of prince Richard's brother prince Robin and the late princess Birgitta.
Sebastian married Julie Toussaint and their first child Ferdinand was born on November 9th 2004.

Does all of Prince Richard's siblilngs live in Germany? If not, where are they located.

Where does Prince Robin, Prince Richard's brother, reside? He is reputed to be the one disputing his nephew, Gustav, wedding and inheritance.

Where does Prince Robin, Prince Richard's brother, reside? He is reputed to be the one disputing his nephew, Gustav, wedding and inheritance.

According to the 1998 Almanach de Gotha he and his second wife are living at the Rue Amyot in Paris, France.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what Prince Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg works as and where does he and Princess Benedikte and their children reside?

Can anyone tell me what Prince Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg works as and where does he and Princess Benedikte and their children reside?

I'm not sure what he works in, but I guess they live in Berleburg, the family castle in Germany.

Thanks rosou. Now my next question is, since I'm not that familiar with the Berleburg genealogy, who will inherit if Prince Gustav does not have issue.

Thanks rosou. Now my next question is, since I'm not that familiar with the Berleburg genealogy, who will inherit if Prince Gustav does not have issue.

For detailed information about the status of Prince Gustav you might want to read [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/prince-gustav-carina-axelsson-11730.html"]this[/URL] topic already in progress. There is a wealth of information that may answer all of your questions.

Regarding as to who lives in Schloss Berleburg, currently Prince Gustav along with his life companion (German newspapers refer to her as his life companion), author Carina Axelsson, live in the apartments within the schloss.

Princess Benedikte splits her time between Denmark and Bad Berleburg; furthermore, it is safe to say she too lives in the schloss. As for Prince Richard, if memory serves me correctly, when he was going through chemo treatments, Gustav moved back home to Bad Berleburg, from London, to take over the schloss as well as to be close (and take care) of his father; Prince Richard stepped aside and as a result, Prince Gustav is currenly the head of the house.

:)

Princess Natascha zu Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg, only daughter and second of the two children of Prince Robin and his first wife, the late Birgitta af Klercker, married Emilio Litta Modignano 11th Marchese di Menzago e Vinago on July 5th 2008.

Source: see royalsportal MAG 2008

Hereditary prince Heinrich and Hereditary princess Priscilla of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn got a daughter on Sept. 11th. The baby is called Eleonore and was born in Milan. The couple already has a son called Ludwig.

Courtesy: sjetajiem at ATR

Prince Richard and his Danish Princess Benedikte live in Germany --
their son Gustav also is German =
their daughter Alexandra ;ives in France with her husband & 2 children -- is she a citizen of Germany ??
now my question:
their daughter Nathalie (born in 1975) rode Dressage for "Denmark" and I think won a bronze medal.......now is she a citizen of German or Denmark ??????

When the Danish Royals all get together (frequently Gustave (and his girl friend Carina) & Alexandra are included, but I never remember Nathalie be including in any of the family photo shoots..................Is Nathalie close to either Fred or Joachime, how about her Greek cousins.................

I think that Nathalie is very involved in her sport.
She will not have much time for the family pics, but she will be there when there is a big family-reunion or wedding.
BTW her longtime boyfriend Alexander Johannsmann is also involved in horse sport.
He is German.

Princess Nathalie rides for Denmark in various equestrian events. Perhaps her citizenship is solely Danish? Does she live in Germany most of the time?

AMERICAN BEAUTY AND HER PRINCE COME OUT OF HIDING

Thee weeks after I revealed details of their affair, Park Avenue heiress Tinsley Mortimer came out of her bunker at the weekend to make her public debut on the arm of her aristocratic lover Prince Casimir 'Cassi' Wittgenstein-Sayn.
And, fittingly, the glossy couple chose a high-profile event to make their debut - the Cartier-sponsored polo at Smith's Lawn.

Following the break-up of her marriage to New York hedge-fund manager Topper Mortimer, Gossip Girl star Tinsley, 32, has been making secret trips from Manhattan to London to see Chelsea-based merchant banker Cassi. 'This was the first time they've "come out", so to speak,' a pal tells me.
German-born Cassi, also 32, whose family owns a castle in the Rhine Valley, has been keen to introduced his new love to his London friends.

Pictures: ** Prince Casimir and Tinsley Mortimer yesterday ** , ** Tinsley Mortimer **

HSH Casimir, Prince zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg is the son of Prince Alexander zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Countess Gabriele von Schönborn-Wiesentheid. He was born in 1976 and has an elder brother (Prince Heinrich – born in 1971), an elder sister (Princess Alexandra – born in 1973), two younger brothers (Louis – born in 1982, and Peter – born in 1992), and a younger sister (Sofia – born in 1986). He had another younger sister (Filippa – born in 1980), however she tragically died in 2001.

Both Casimir and his rumoured girlfriend / fiancée Tinsley have been married before.

Prince Casimir married Corinna Larsen, the former fiancée of Mercedes Heir Much Flick in 2000. Corinna was 8 years senior. They had one son, Alexander (born in 2002). They divorced in the end of 2005. After his divorce, he was linked to model Amanda Cronin and stepped out with Cecilia Bismarck. Prince Casimir used to work for millionaire Arki Busson: it is understood that he is currently working in Chelsea in the banking system.

Tinsley married Standard Oil Heir Robert Livingston “Topper” Mortimer in 2002. Tinsley is the daughter of a rich Virginian family, whose ancestors were Generals under George Washington: they even claim to trace their roots back to British Royalty. Her former husband’s family is one of New York’s oldest and grandest (and richest) families. Tinsley used to work as a part-time model, was a regular at New York’s most glamorous parties (especially after her wedding to Robert Livingston Mortimer, although she seems to be slightly less accepted after the split) and even made a cameo in “Gossip Girls”. She became a successful businesswoman in her own right thanks to her handbags, which are hugely popular in Japan.
Although Tinsley and her husband have most definitely parted ways, I am not sure whether they have actually divorced.

Last edited:
Prince Casimir Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn

You can read more about Tinsley (who is famous in Japan and which the author claims that she, "... is mobbed by crowds of thousands who view her as America's answer to Princess Diana...":cool:) and Prince Casmir here in which her new "boyfriend" states:

'We are super-happy,' adds Casimir. But there is a dark cloud on the horizon. 'I am now spending a lot of time in...

Tinsley – America’s answer to Princess Diana? :lol:
I mean, yes, she was a sort of American ‘aristocracy’, especially after her marriage to “Topper” Mortimer, and she's quite famous in Japan because of her bag range. But her fame is like that of a C-list actor in Hollywood: sure, she gathers attention but certainly not that much! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Engagement of Princess Natalie zu S-W-Berleburg

"HSH Princess Nathalie, the youngest daughter of Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Princess Benedikte of Denmark, has become engaged to Mr. Alexander John Mann"

Google Nachricht

...the 32-year-old German, with whom she probably also shares her greatest passion: John Mann, who lives in Güterloh, works for an international company that specializes in the transport of horses."

Carina Axelsson's tiara at CPss Victoria and Prince Daniel's wedding 19th June 2010.

Does anyone know whether the tiara that Carina Axelsson wore to CPss Victoria's wedding to Prince Daniel on the 19th June 2010 is from the Danish Royal family collection via Pss Benedikte, or from the Berleburg/Fouche d' Orante family collections or whether Prince Gustaf had given it to her as a present?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
EaO.

:flowers:

The tiara was borrowed from another member of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg family...

Prince Ludwig (Louis) zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Countess Philippa Spannocchi got engaged on 26.12.2010. Countess Philippa is the daughter of Count Hieronymus and Countess Verena, née Countess of Schönborn-Buchheim who live at Sprinzestein-Castle in Austria.
Aktuell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom