Birth of Princess Alexandra and Nicolas Bagory first child: Victoire

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats to parents and grandparents!

Welcome to the world, Victoire Bagory!

OK, this is probably just a hypothetical question: How do we know, what the surname of Victoire (congratulations to the parents) really is?

If they have in Luxembourg laws about family and surnames like in Germany, everything would be possible... And Victoire was born in France? Then she should have been registered there - under the laws of the French Republic, which I do not know too. But I mean to remember from the Monaco threads, that in the French Republic Victoire's surname could be very well Luxembourg or Nassau or whatever, but not necessarily the surname of her father.

And, as the user Somebody pointed out, the toddler is in the line for the Throne...

A newborn baby inherits the surname after its father, and Niciolas Bagory in not titled.

Hein Bruins on his Genealogical page already listed her as Victoire Bagory.

OK, this is probably just a hypothetical question: How do we know, what the surname of Victoire (congratulations to the parents) really is?

If they have in Luxembourg laws about family and surnames like in Germany, everything would be possible... And Victoire was born in France? Then she should have been registered there - under the laws of the French Republic, which I do not know too. But I mean to remember from the Monaco threads, that in the French Republic Victoire's surname could be very well Luxembourg or Nassau or whatever, but not necessarily the surname of her father.

And, as the user Somebody pointed out, the toddler is in the line for the Throne...
Based on the Nassau Family Pact which specifies that children of female members of the grand ducal family carry their father's surname.

FYI: Luxembourg is not a surname. The family's surname is 'de Nassau' - but as pointed out above cannot be passed on in female line (unless the female member is the reigning grand duchess or heir apparent).

See for example explanation by Luxarzzi: FAQ.

Congratulations to the Happy Parents and what a beautiful name Victoire!

Back
Top Bottom