Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ricarda said:
This woman is really remarkable.
Dressing in grey and black at her last engagements, serious facial expression - the "sad princess" from top to toes.
Very appropriate now that the mags are full of Joachim and Marie.
She just knows how to sell herself well.:D

Interesting theory. I agree that for a royal, especially one who is already officially sort of on the back burner of the royal forum of a country, image, and the perception of the public of that image, is critial. In that light, wouldn't a bit more of a 'happy' Alexandra sell much much better?

I agree, by the way, about the sort of sadness on her face. But--perhaps that had something to do with the topic at hand? What was the theme of that evening/museum? Perhaps that might explain her 'serious' face.

And last, thanks for posting these wonderful pictures! Alexandra is truly my favorite royal. So classy, so seemingly genuinely kind (I know I know, the reality might be entirely different, but this is the impression I get). Hope her relationship with that hunky photographer is going swell and she'll get pregnant one more time and it's a girl.

ricarda said:
This woman is really remarkable.
Dressing in grey and black at her last engagements, serious facial expression - the "sad princess" from top to toes.
Very appropriate now that the mags are full of Joachim and Marie.
She just knows how to sell herself well.:D

I don't think it's fair to say that Alexandra is wearing all black to play the "sad princess" act. Lots of queens and princesses have been attired head to toe in black recently -- in the Spanish forum you'll see many remarks about why Queen Sofia, Letizia and Infanta Cristina are wearing black so much lately. During her recent visit to Germany Mary also wore lots of black and both Mette-Marit and Maxima at Sverre Magnus' baptism wore black. I wouldn't say that any of those six royal women are in mourning.

It's just a colour -- and a pretty basic colour at that.

Princess Alexandra the epitome of a royal classy lady.

She might be a bit sad or just listening intently to her host. She looks very chic in black, as most women do, so I can see why she would have chosen it.

I also thought there was a "sadness" about her when I saw her face. I do seem to recall someone saying that one of her parents was not in good health, though. Is that right? I was thinking that might be the reason for her kind of drawn, sad, tense -- whatever look. As for the black dress -- I thought it was the perfect foil for keeping the focus on her "nifty" hose and gorgeous legs! Any other color would have been rather distracting because of the design, IMO.

Black is "in" this spring. I don´t like black for spring myself but saw it on one of those fashion mags.
It may have nothing to do with Joachim at all, as journalists can choose any photo they want to sell any image they want of her, but I wouldn´t be smiling too much if my ex husband makes a public display of himself about his new love. Not when I have 2 young kid´s with feelings I want care about. Can be very confusing for the kids. He should also respect my feelings a bit, even if I have a boyfriend.

Attachments

• alexandra-dop1a.jpg
    alexandra-dop1a.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 170
Alexandra at the evening reception for the racing event, from E-BilledBladet
I personally find that fur incrdible tacky but to each their own (and BB goes a little morbid and says it reminds of her dead Dalmatian Nikita:eek: )

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,772
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 528
I have to say that Princess Alex looks good with her black outfit for the evening reception of the racing event. I certainly love the heels so with her make-up. But I am not quite impressed with the fur. But overall, she looked very chic and elegant that night.

The whole Cruella de Ville look isn't doing it for me tonight...her makeup and hair is lovely though, very lovely indeed!

"MII"

I've liked the other furs that Princess Alexandra has worn in the past, but this certainly crosses the line. It does indeed look like she's wearing a dead dalmation...:eek:

Larzen said:
Alexandra at the evening reception for the racing event, from E-BilledBladet
I personally find that fur incrdible tacky but to each their own (and BB goes a little morbid and says it reminds of her dead Dalmatian Nikita:eek: )

yes that was my initial reaction, too: Did Alexandra cut up a dalmatian?! Or, some innocent white fox? Or panther? Ugh.

I wish a high profile figure such as Alexandra would come to her senses and not promote inhumane causes like the slaughtering of animals for the sole purpose of being seen on the shoulders of one fashion-concious human female or other by wearing it to official occasions like this. I guess she's not much into animal welfare..too bad though, this is the sole thing I don't like about her.

I'll get off my soap box now ;)

Let's get off the fur subject NOW.

pdas1201
Danish Family Supermoderator

purple_platinum said:
MARCH 19 2006
The Danish Princess Alexandra , Prince Joachims former wife , was also at the Car Show in the Bella Center. They were not at the show at the same time. Alexandra left half an hour before Joachim arrived. She tested 5 cars at her visit among others Porsche and Maserati.
More from www.cover.es

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 246
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,549
She looks young, slim, happy and dress right for all of the occasions.

She is so beautifull in these pictures.
so beautifull……

I think Alexandra looks more atractive and younger since divorce with Joachim. Before some of her outfits were too conservative. She probably not always was able to wear we she wanted. She is radiant in the recent pictures
Is she still meeting with Martin?

great pictures from the racepits, michael schumacher better watch out.

In my previous post I asked if Alexandra was still dating her boyfriend. But I was not sure about his name. Was it Martin? I'm confused.:confused:

Last edited:
Lakshmi said:
In my previous post I asked if Alexandra was still dating her boyfriend. But I was not sure about his name. Was it Martin? I'm confused.:confused:
Yes, his name is Martin Jorgensen...(spell?) he is a photographer.

purple_platinum said:
I don't think we'll see less Alexandra than she is doing right now. I certainly hope she'll not be taken away from her patronship & if she keep that, then we won't lose our dear princess alexandra. But, it's a bit too premature to start this kind of discussion. We'll just wait & see...

I agree. I think the Danish public would want to see her continue her humanitarian work. There must be enough charity, educational, and humanitarian work for all the princesses...

Yes, her 'beau's name is Martin. I take it she's still with him, but I'm sure we don't hear about it as they're probably incredibly discreet.

florecita said:
It is a shame that they divorced...she look very smart and actrative woman

Joachim lost will be someone elses gain. Perhaps is a gain for Alex herself!! Great lady!!

April 22
HH Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, hands over the prize to the winner of the Danish enterprise championship, arranged by Young Enterprise, at 12.30 p.m.

small images from newscom

Attachments

• showcasepix656669.jpg
    showcasepix656669.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 135
  • showcasepix656681.jpg
    showcasepix656681.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 169
  • showcasepix656679.jpg
    showcasepix656679.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 134
  • showcasepix656677.jpg