Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like it might be a nice ring, interesting information on the Claddagh Ring.

I agree that in Europe it's more common to wear engagment and wedding rings on the right hand as oppsed to the left hand in the US. So I think it's probably just an accessory.

I love the symbolism of the Claddaugh Ring! I have one and learn the "proper" way to wear it from the shop owner. I just have to shake my head though when I see people (such as my brother's ex) wearing the ring on their left hand with the heart facing out. What does that mean, other than ignorance of the significance of the ring?

Princess Alexandra in a tiara. Likely, for the first time. Same tiara recently worn by her cousin Arch Duchess Marie-Christine at her wedding late last year (from my viewing, anyway).

Photo

Pearls seem to be her favorite, and they look good on her! I wish she would get a pearl necklace with more than 1 row though! :)

This tiara looks more like a jeweled hairpiece to me, a little underwhelming IMO.

In one of the videos for the 30th birthday of the Hereditary Grand Duke, there was material from that gala. (also from Alexandra)

I read it at lux-arazzi.blogspot.com However, now a days you need an invite to read that blog.

how many diferent tiaras has she worn) and what tiara did she wear wedding gala dinner?

how many diferent tiaras has she worn) and what tiara did she wear wedding gala dinner?
I have only seen her in two tiaras:
- the small floral tiara three times: at the pre-wedding and at the National Day galas in 2009 and 2010
- the citrine tiara (see my post above) in 2011

Alas, we often don't get to see pictures from the national day gala, so I have no idea what Alexandra wore this year.

what did she wear for the nationalday gala? did she attend

what did she wear for the nationalday gala? did she attend
Alexandra and Tessy were not mentioned as attending the gala event. Also there was no picture released of them. The gala probably focused on the Grand duke and Duchess and the heirs.

Alexandra's tiara tonight:

Never was fond of this tiara.

Mixed feelings on this tiara. I usually don't like this tiara, as someone else put it, reminds me of a fence. But without the larger peals on top, like MT wears it, it looks a lot less like a fence, and I find myself liking it better. But the tiara doesn't suit Alex, not sure if just placement or hair, or just wrong style/size.:ermm:

Grand Duchess Charlotte wore it as necklace at her wedding day

Back
Top Bottom