Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo, I can no longer remember if I read that is was the Princess you've mentioned, but I
know that the name of the castle is right, the party took place at Chateau Belouil as you've
said it :)

Here are two more pics from yesterday:

Astrid 1
Astrid 2

And here´s more about yesterday`s RBM Press Conference

Her Royal Highness Princess Astrid of Belgium joins global campaign to Roll Back Malaria
Brussels/Geneva, 27 August 2007 - Her Royal Highness (HRH) Princess Astrid of Belgium announced her acceptance of her appointment as Roll Back Malaria Partnership (RBM) Special Representative to support the global fight against malaria--one of the world's three major diseases……

Read the entire "Roll Back Malaria" press release (pdf file) here
The press release also mentions Astrid´s first engagement as RBM representative: a work visit to Tanzania HRH between 30 September and 4 October 2007.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that, johann. The Princess seems very dedicated to anything related to health, nursing etc etc. Is she doing this in her capacity as a member of the Red Cross or is it unrelated to that?

Thanks for posting that, johann. The Princess seems very dedicated to anything related to health, nursing etc etc. Is she doing this in her capacity as a member of the Red Cross or is it unrelated to that?

AFAIK these two tasks are not related to each other - but for sure Astrid´s Red Cross presidency was one of the reason’s why they asked her to become a special representative.

Pics 17.9.2007

Princess Astrid of Belgium attends the opening concert of the fifty edition of
Festival van Vlaanderen, in Gent cathedral, Monday 17 Sep 2007. BELGA

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 18.9.2007

Princess Astrid opening the exhibition 'Talata' about Congo artists in
Brussels, Belgium 09/18/2007.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Thanks fot the pictures! She looks good! I don't like the colour of her hair, i like it better when it is just one colour!

You are most welcome, stephanievl :flowers:
Here are some more pics from that event I've found and like very much:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Thanks for the pictures, they are nice and I always enjoy seeing Princess Astrid. She usually seems cheerfull and she has her way with the public. Definately her fathers daughter IMHO.

On another note, what is Wesdiep (what she attended).

On another note, what is Wesdiep (what she attended).

The Westdiep is a frigate of the Belgian Navy. The city St. Niklas adopted the Westdiep crew 30 years ago. Now the Westdiep is replaced by a ship called Louise-Marie (named after the first Belgian Queen) and St. Niklas organized an exhibition called “From Westdiep to Louise Marie” to mark 30 years of sponsorship and to celebrate the new ship.

Princess Astrid of Belgium addresses the plenary luncheon about "Humanitarian Action in the 21st Century" on the first day of the Women's Forum for the Economy and Society at the Deauville congress center 11 October 2007 . The theme of this edition is "Building trust in our societies".

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Pics 11.10.2007

Princess Astrid of Belgium and Prince Lorenz before a gala dinner
on the first day of the Women's Forum at the Deauville International
Center 11 October 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 26.10.2007

Princess Astrid, honnor president of the Queen Elisabeth Medical Foundation, visits the
Drie Eiken campus of Antwerp University, Belgium 10/26/2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for the pictures, prinsess Astrid has a verry busy agenda.

HRH Princess Astrid of Belgium arrives in Amman
</STRONG>

Amman, Nov.16 (Petra) HRH Princess Astrid the daughter of King Albert II of Belgium has arrived in Amman this evening in a four-day visit, during - full article

Picture

So what is Princess Astrid doing in Jordan, apart from meeting the royals?

Pics 26.11.2007

Princess Astrid of Belgium, President of the Red Cross Belgium, attends
the opening ceremony of the 30th International Conference of the Red
Cross and Red Crescent Movement at the International Conference
Centre Geneva (CICG) in Geneva, Switzerland, 26 November 2007. EPA

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

I know what is what but why we don't call Lorenz and kids archdukes too? They became Pss of Belgium in 1995.

Last edited:
I know what is what but why we don't call Lorenz and kids archdukes too? They became Pss of Belgium in 1995.

you can of course, they bear those titles as well. But in Belgium it's more apropriate to talk about princes, since that's that ties them to our country.

i have a question i dont know if it has been explained before but why did Lorenz become Prince of Belgium instead of Astrid becoming Arch-Duchess of Austria?

Pics 30.11.2007

Princess Astrid of Belgium during a visit at the CHU hospital in Liege,
Friday 30 November 2007, on the occasion of the hospital's 20th
anniversary. BELGA PHOTO MICHEL KRAKOWSKI

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 *

i have a question i dont know if it has been explained before but why did Lorenz become Prince of Belgium instead of Astrid becoming Arch-Duchess of Austria?

Well, one thing is that Belgium is actually a reigning monarchy while Austria isn´t . So all the titles we use for the Habsburgs are solely out of courtesey and have no legal meaning at all. Mind you, Astrid can use the courtesey title of Archduchess too, and I see it mentioned from time to time. So she is both, as are her husband and children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom