Princess Eugenie, Jack Brooksbank and Family, Current Events 1: Oct 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
I think it was announced almost three years ago, but there was a damp problem and other renovations.
Also, there was some question as to who would pay for this, so they didn't get to move in until April 2018.

Princess Eugenie at Casamigos for Day of the Dead at Isabel in Mayfair last night

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/393861134

Articles

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Eugenie-seen-time-Windsor-royal-wedding.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-joins-Eugenie-lavish-Mayfair-restaurant.html

And Princess Beatrice was there also

Princess Eugenie at the Hirshhorn Gala, in New York on 5 November

https://assets.vogue.com/photos/5be1d12fa6b31845169684b1/master/w_660,c_limit/01-hirshhorn-gala.jpg
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2018/11/05/hirshhorn_gala,_new_york?celeb=Princess Eugenie

Princess Eugenie about her work at the fight against human trafficking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqM8yEllxhL/

Jack Brooksbank attend at the Fucina's Festa Italiana in London, on 20 November

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...hout-Princess-Eugenie-Mayfair-restaurant.html

Last edited by a moderator:
She moved in around the time Prince Louis was born, but it was announced some time before that.

Stories came out august 2016 or so that the cottage was to be renovated for Eugenie. Then February 2017 the stories about the damp, and fights over who would pay for it, surfaced. Rumors suggesting her engagement was on hold until fight was solved.

But yes their move managed to fly under radar as they are said to have moved the weekend that Louis was born. It came out a week later.

Her and Jack dated for 8 not 10 years. And until the move, never officially lived together.

:previous: Who is the man in the first photo? He and Eugenie seem to be quite close with one another.

He is Mark Bradford , an american artist.

Thank you eya - I Googled him and it turns out that Mark Bradford designed the sashes for the bridesmaid and page boys at her wedding to Jack, so it would seem that the two are quite good friends.

Reactions: eya
Jack Brooksbank's biography on the Duke of York's website is written similarly to the biographies of Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, inasmuch as his upbringing and his charitable work form the most important components and his career is only addressed in the last line of the biography. However, his biography is only linked from Princess Eugenie's, an indication that he will have a lower public profile.

Jack Brookbank
Princess Eugenie
Princess Beatrice

I think it is very nice that his involvement in the princess's functions and charity work is emphasized:

Since meeting Princess Eugenie he has developed a keen interest in contemporary art and, whenever possible, will attend functions with her and is learning a great deal about art.

Jack also supports Princess Eugenie in her charitable works, of which there are many, and helps her with her ever increasing workload. His father is Executive Director of a charity called Supporting Wounded Veterans, which helps veterans rebuild their futures through a unique, specially designed, ski-based development programme. Over the past five years Jack has supported the charity in as many ways as he can.

I have a question for those who follow the British royal family: How does/will Jack Brooksbank assist his wife with her charitable work?

We haven't seen him at any of Eugenie's charitable works (she doesn't do a lot that is reported anyway) but he may very well be supportive behind the scenes e.g. if she has to make a speech maybe he is a good husband who listens to her say it a couple of times.

I have no idea how he helps but presumably, like most newly weds, when they can help their spouses they do, even if is is simply in the home environment before they go to 'work'.

She actually shared a full year “story” of her best moments which was beautiful, and included some wonderful pictures of Beatrice and her father.

Folks have any thoughts on Eugénie being given patronage of some national art museum given she actually works in art? Instead of DoC having it.

Folks have any thoughts on Eugénie being given patronage of some national art museum given she actually works in art? Instead of DoC having it.

Do you mean the National Portrait Gallery? Or the V&A?

Eugenie has several patronages, and unless they're "passed down" like the two HM has given to Meghan, new potential patronages are often sent as requests to a certain royal.

Catherine is very much into art, her degree from St Andrews is in the History of Art and she studied briefly at the British Institute in Florence which is dedicated to teaching english and Italian languages, as well as having an english library of books on art, history and music.

Eugenie also isn't officially a working royal, so giving her quite a "heavy" patronage like the NPG means that she would have to perform engagements much more than she does now.

Just because a patronage appears to suit one more than the other, doesn't mean that is necessarily the case. :flowers:

Wy would she get a big patronage? She is not working Royal and Kate is....

No, Eugenie's patronages are private, she does not represent the Queen.
The institutions you are thinking of require an official patron.

Because she’s royal. A princess. One big patronage isn’t a ton more events. And patronages, do those have much to do with official member of royal family? It’s not a constitutional duty of the monarch or royals.

There are two factors to remember when thinking about the British Royal Family. The actual family of HM, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh which includes children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews. Such as you would find in any family.

Then there's the members of the British Royal family that serve the monarchy (the family business that they call the "Firm"). These are the working members of the royal family. They work representing the Queen and their activities are reported in the Court Circular.

Neither Beatrice or Eugenie work for the "Firm". They are private citizens and any charity work they do is their own. "Official" patronages such as are handed down by the Queen are done within the "Firm".

I think any role taken on by Beatrice and Eugenie is unlikely to be Royal Patron as I think these will be reserved for the working members of the Royal Family. That's not to say she wouldn't have a role to play.

As an example the Queen is Patron of the Royal Ballet, the Prince of Wales is the President and Lady Sarah Chatto is the Vice-President. All of these are honorary positions as distinct from the actual running the company positions. I could see Eugenie adopting a lesser, honorary role like Lady Sarah has with the Royal Ballet.

I think any role taken on by Beatrice and Eugenie is unlikely to be Royal Patron as I think these will be reserved for the working members of the Royal Family. That's not to say she wouldn't have a role to play.

As an example the Queen is Patron of the Royal Ballet, the Prince of Wales is the President and Lady Sarah Chatto is the Vice-President. All of these are honorary positions as distinct from the actual running the company positions. I could see Eugenie adopting a lesser, honorary role like Lady Sarah has with the Royal Ballet.

I don't know, if a certain charity/organization supports a cause that is very close to either of the girls' hearts, than I think they would be able to become the Royal Patron, especially since they are already 'Royal' patrons for a few organizations, even if they may not be very big and prominent. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie became patron of the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital.

Whether they are working royals or not, they do have Royal patronages. They are addressed as Royal patrons of a few organizations.

And Eugenie does have an art gallery patronage. She is the Tate Gallery youth patron. She was appointed last year.

https://www.tate.org.uk/press/press...-eugenie-york-becomes-royal-patron-tate-young

There are plenty of art galleries and organizations, major ones even, even without national in the name.,

Last edited:
Whether they are working royals or not, they do have Royal patronages. They are addressed as Royal patrons of a few organizations.

And Eugenie does have an art gallery patronage. She is the Tate Gallery youth patron. She was appointed last year.

https://www.tate.org.uk/press/press...-eugenie-york-becomes-royal-patron-tate-young

There are plenty of art galleries and organizations, major ones even, even without national in the name.,

How exactly is a "royal patronage" distinguished from a plain patronage ?

A 'royal patronage' has a royal as patron.

An ordinary patronage has a non-royal as patron.

Beatrice and Eugenie aren't working royals in the sense that when they do something for their charities those events aren't listed in the CC but they are still 'royal patrons' of those charities.

A 'royal patronage' has a royal as patron.

An ordinary patronage has a non-royal as patron.

Beatrice and Eugenie aren't working royals in the sense that when they do something for their charities those events aren't listed in the CC but they are still 'royal patrons' of those charities.

Beatrice and Eugenie are royal whether they "work for the Firm" or not. They have been royal from birth as they were born as HRHs and princesas of the United Kingdom. Per your definition then, all of their patronages should be considered "royal patronages", which I think is what you are trying to say, right ?

Last edited:
Exactly. Their patronages are 'royal patronages' as they are royal. When they do something for their patronage they don't get funded from the Sovereign Grant or publicly funded security but they are still 'royal patronages'.

Because she’s royal. A princess. One big patronage isn’t a ton more events. And patronages, do those have much to do with official member of royal family? It’s not a constitutional duty of the monarch or royals.

It may not be a duty, but a big patronage such as the V & A museum wants a working royal for their patron and not a private citizen.
Beatrice and Eugenie are born princesses, but they are private citizens and are unlikely to get any big patronages.

(From what I've observed, there's a bit of a snob factor involved, with institutions desiring the highest-ranked royal they can get! I don't think educational background is necessarily a huge requirement- status is).

I don't know, if a certain charity/organization supports a cause that is very close to either of the girls' hearts, than I think they would be able to become the Royal Patron, especially since they are already 'Royal' patrons for a few organizations, even if they may not be very big and prominent. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie became patron of the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital.

I think she already is a patron of the RNOH. I think they're un likely to have any "big" patronages passed on but never say never to something like Lady Sarah's positions.

I think she already is a patron of the RNOH.

Eugenie is patron of The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Appeal, which is the registered charity for the hospital. She's not patron of the hospital itself, it appears it doesn't have one. :flowers:

Edit: The RNOH had one in 1920, it was Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester. The current Dukes father, it appears that the patronage was not passed on with his death.

Last edited:
Eugenie is patron of The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Appeal, which is the registered charity for the hospital. She's not patron of the hospital itself, it appears it doesn't have one. :flowers:

Edit: The RNOH had one in 1920, it was Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester. The current Dukes father, it appears that the patronage was not passed on with his death.

I thought her father became patron of the hospital after the scoliosis operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom