Princess Haya current events 1: February 2003-February 8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lyonnaise for posting the photos...I would have loved to read the interview.

Lyonnaise said:
Caption:
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: TO GO WITH AFP STORY: "LIFESTYLE-UAE-JORDAN-ROYALS" Princess Haya bint Al-Hussein of Jordan and wife of Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum gives an interview to AFP in Dubai 17 April 2005. One year after her marriage, princess Haya believes Emirati women are an example to Arabs of how to combine modernity and tradition. In her first interview with Western media since the wedding, Princess Haya, told AFP of her belief that women can be modern and still respect Arab and Muslim traditions, as they do in the United Arab Emirates. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI (Photo credit should read RABIH MOGHRABI/AFP/Getty Images)

thanks a lot fpr these pictures , are they new ? can you plz post that interview

suria said:
thanx a lot :) you didn't like it :rolleyes:
No, I hadn't read it when I posted it. I thought it was an interview she had given to the local papers after the 'actual interview'. But it seems to be the 'actual interview' because it's mentioned it's from AFP.

Princess Haya bint Al-Hussein of Jordan and wife of Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum visits a school in Dubai. One year after her marriage, princess Haya believes Emirati women are an example to Arabs of how to combine modernity and tradition.(AFP/Rabih Moghrabi)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 253
more pics from Getty
Haya looks so pretty and radiant. If only she'd do something about her hair.

Attachments

• 52641199.jpg
    52641199.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 52641206.jpg
    52641206.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 52641192.jpg
    52641192.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 52641190.jpg
    52641190.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 181
  • 52641187.jpg
    52641187.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 52641180.jpg
    52641180.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 52641177.jpg
    52641177.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 52641155.jpg
    52641155.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 52641149.jpg
    52641149.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 181
~*~Humera~*~ said:
more pics from Getty

I agree...I think she needs to go back to being a brunette. I think I would like to see her hair a tad bit shorter too.:cool:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
more pics from Getty

Thanks for posting these Humera...and I didn;t get an opportunity to thank you for the additional posts of QN you posted, I do not wish to miss that opportunity once again, therefore I thank you for those too.

-Eliza

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Princess Haya bint Al-Hussein of Jordan and wife of Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum visits a school in Dubai. One year after her marriage, princess Haya believes Emirati women are an example to Arabs of how to combine modernity and tradition.(AFP/Rabih Moghrabi)

She look so happy, and she's got that glow, - just what QN was talking about in her last interview, it's obvious she's in love, never seen her so beautiful be4e-:) ;) :) ;) PS- I like her hair, I prefer her blonde than brunette-

Thanx humera for the pictures of Haya , she looks realy amazing I didn't see her look good for along time .

Could someone please translate this article?? It seems Haya visited some ladies and children this month.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 244
The main subject that she was in prowl on all centers for special needs and the Rashid center one of those centers that she visited .

pdas1201 said:
Could someone please translate this article?? It seems Haya visited some ladies and children this month.

there are pictures of the event on the first page of this thread:)

Last week, Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, wife of Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, visited the Asma bint Abi Bakr Holy Quran Memorisation Centre, which teaches the Holy Quran to women. Princess Haya has been named the Centre’s honorary chairperson.

WAM

Saturday, April 23, 2005

New Pictures of Princess Haya

Attachments

• drtfgbhn.jpg
    drtfgbhn.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 248
  • e45rtygh.jpg
    e45rtygh.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 187
  • rtfyghj.jpg
    rtfyghj.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 234
  • tghjk.jpg
    tghjk.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 279
  • rdtfghjk.jpg
    rdtfghjk.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 309
desertrosemrk said:
New Pictures of Princess Haya

thanx for the pix ! - I wonder , if Hayah can wear colourful clothes and a white veil, or whatever is name for it , why are all women in UAE, I saw it in other pix, too, ALL wearing black, black and black...... ????? then, as Hayah has never worn Jordanian clothes, I've always seen her wearing western clothes such as jeans ,T- shirt etc., must she wear like that, now that she's Mo's wife ? I wonder how does she feel, as ,if she always used , even when in Jordan, to wear jeans and T- shirt , never traditional clothes, it means she rather wear western style, so I doubt she feels at ease with traditional clothes, there's something here that slips me, i can't understand Hayah, what do u all think about this issue ????-:) ;) :)

tipper said:
thanx for the pix ! - I wonder , if Hayah can wear colourful clothes and a white veil, or whatever is name for it , why are all women in UAE, I saw it in other pix, too, ALL wearing black, black and black...... ????? then, as Hayah has never worn Jordanian clothes, I've always seen her wearing western clothes such as jeans ,T- shirt etc., must she wear like that, now that she's Mo's wife ? I wonder how does she feel, as ,if she always used , even when in Jordan, to wear jeans and T- shirt , never traditional clothes, it means she rather wear western style, so I doubt she feels at ease with traditional clothes, there's something here that slips me, i can't understand Hayah, what do u all think about this issue ????-:) ;) :)
Princess Haya dresses for the occasion when in public, and in accordance with Arab standards of dressing. Privately she probably wears whatever she likes. As she travels outside of Dubai she wears Western clothing when acceptable.

Princess Haya is Jordanian and just as the women of Pakistan living in Dubai dress in their colorful traditional clothing, so does she.

Citizens Dubai (men and women) wear their traditional clothing, it is a reflection of their attachments with other citizens and with their past. There is no reason any of them should change, it would be offensive to adapt a traditional dress other than your own.

I think Princess Haya is being very respectful in the way she dresses in public. Her clothing choices and options changes depending on what country she is in.

Didn't Haya go to school abroad when she was growing up? I mean just how much time was she even in Jordan?

sommone said:
Didn't Haya go to school abroad when she was growing up? I mean just how much time was she even in Jordan?

she went to boading school in UK when she was 11, she stayed in UK til her degree at St. hilda's College, Oxford, so she was abroad more than 10 years, after degree, she went to live in Germany to get a good orsing traning, then to Ireland and to Paris- I rarely saw her in Jordan the past 6-7 years.

I agree, Haya looks lovely in all the shots. I think her showing respect for the UAE culture by wearing traditional attire is--well, just a thoughtful, respectful thing to do. It shows she takes her role there seriously. I do have to ask about the photos of her wearing the peach colored outfit while everyone else is in black--what is the basis for that? Is most of the traditional daywear for women black in colour. It just stands out so much as Haya is the only one in a different color--though I have seen photos of her in all black attire, as well. Just wondered about custom, etc........

maryshawn said:
I do have to ask about the photos of her wearing the peach colored outfit while everyone else is in black--what is the basis for that? Is most of the traditional daywear for women black in colour. It just stands out so much as Haya is the only one in a different color--though I have seen photos of her in all black attire, as well. Just wondered about custom, etc........
The women in black are probably also wearing colourful caftans inside or jeans and tops or something else. They put on a black abaya over their clothes whenever they go out to places where men other than their husbands, sons, brothers etc. can see them or at home when they they're receiving guests. There's no law that requires them to wear it in the UAE but most locals/Gulfies wear it for different reasons. I'm sure somebody else can explain this alot better than me.

Last edited:
UAE Traditional clothing for citizens

maryshawn said:
I agree, Haya looks lovely in all the shots. I think her showing respect for the UAE culture by wearing traditional attire is--well, just a thoughtful, respectful thing to do. It shows she takes her role there seriously. I do have to ask about the photos of her wearing the peach colored outfit while everyone else is in black--what is the basis for that? Is most of the traditional daywear for women black in colour. It just stands out so much as Haya is the only one in a different color--though I have seen photos of her in all black attire, as well. Just wondered about custom, etc........
The abaya, which has been worn by women in the UAE for generations, has become entwined in the culture and tradition of the area. When UAE citizens are in Jordan, they would not wear traditional Jordanian clothing, and the reverse is true when Haya is in the UAE.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit an abaya boutique, you will see that they are quite beautiful. The style, fabrics and details of the current abayas sold in the UAE are individualized and very unique. Your shoes, jewelry and purses also are chosen to compliment the design of your abaya as well as the clothing you wear under it. Clothing worn underneath is just as important, because friends and family see your clothes when you take off your abaya at home and at weddings.

In the photos of Haya lately from the UAE, she is wearing the traditional clothing of Jordan. The women in black abayas are wearing the traditional clothing of the UAE, those other women are UAE citizens, and Haya is not a UAE citizen. Citizenship is reserved for UAE people only; one must be born there or born of UAE parents, neither of which applies to Haya.

Not being a citizen Haya has some liberty in how she dresses, several months ago she was on an official visit in the UAE wearing a pantsuit. There may have been some opposition to her dressing in a pantsuit which may be why she is wearing Jordanian traditional more often of late.

I have actually looked at abayas on the internet and thought they were quite lovely. Thank you for providing more detail on this. Is there a name to refer to the head coverings or veils women in UAE wear? I am ignorant on this so always resort to using the term "veil" which is likely not accurate.

I have another question about Haya you might be able to help me with. Her husband's wife, Hind, has the title Sheika. Haya is always referred to as Princess Haya. I had thought she would have a different designee after her marriage. Is it because she is not a UAE citizen?

maryshawn said:
I have actually looked at abayas on the internet and thought they were quite lovely. Thank you for providing more detail on this. Is there a name to refer to the head coverings or veils women in UAE wear? I am ignorant on this so always resort to using the term "veil" which is likely not accurate.

I have another question about Haya you might be able to help me with. Her husband's wife, Hind, has the title Sheika. Haya is always referred to as Princess Haya. I had thought she would have a different designee after her marriage. Is it because she is not a UAE citizen?
You are welcome.

Referring to a covering for the head as a head scarf and covering for the face is a veil is totally acceptable and easily understood. Wearing veils is a choice, in some jobs where women come into contact with the public, they are prohibited from wearing the veil because the customer can not easily identify with whom they are doing business.

Hind was a Sheikha before she married, as Haya was a Princess prior to marrying, neither of their designations changed after they married.

Saba said:
Not being a citizen Haya has some liberty in how she dresses, several months ago she was on an official visit in the UAE wearing a pantsuit. There may have been some opposition to her dressing in a pantsuit which may be why she is wearing Jordanian traditional more often of late.

This is not quite the same situation as Princess Sarvath when she continued wearing her national dress, but not that different either. It has to be pointed out that Princess Haya is wearing a predominately Palestinian style of dress, which none of the older women of the Jordanian royal family wear : Princess Basma, Princess Alia or the late Queen Zein. I still maintain that Princess Sarvath would have raised eyebrows at the time she married if she had adopted that style of dress, which has only come into vogue in the recent past.

Forgive my continued ignorance on the subject but what distinguishes a palestinian way of dressing vs. jordanian, etc. Whatever it is Haya is wearing--and I've seen photos of her in various kaftans--they are quite beautiful.

I wish more of the women of the JRF, in particular, would wear clothing reflecting the traditional attire of their country when abroad. It shows respect for one's homeland and culture IMO.

And thank you for explaining the head covering/veil question. :)

maryshawn said:
Forgive my continued ignorance on the subject but what distinguishes a palestinian way of dressing vs. jordanian, etc. Whatever it is Haya is wearing--and I've seen photos of her in various kaftans--they are quite beautiful.

I wish more of the women of the JRF, in particular, would wear clothing reflecting the traditional attire of their country when abroad. It shows respect for one's homeland and culture IMO.

And thank you for explaining the head covering/veil question. :)
There are quite a lot of differences in the Jordanian and Palestinian styles of caftans. Nowadays, there is a synthesis of both styles which has eveloved and basically anything goes. For the Hashemite women, especially the older generation, it would have been looked at askance had they worn a Palestinian style of dress rather than a Hashemite style. As I have said, you never ever see Princesses Basma and Alia, I suppose the only full Hashemite princesses , in the sorts of caftans that the younger princesses wear these days. Queen Noor seems to have evloved her own style and sticks to it, but it is neither Hashemite nor Jordanian or Palestinian.

Here's one from today

Attachments

• 4712I.jpg
    4712I.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom